11/10/2014 Bude 3 - 0 Perranporth

11/10/2014 Holsworthy 5 - 1 Wadebridge

11/10/2014 Millbrook 1 - 4 Porthleven

11/10/2014 Mousehole 1 - 2 Sticker

11/10/2014 Penryn 1 - 2 Dobwalls

11/10/2014 Penzance 0 - 2 Illogan

11/10/2014 St Dennis 3 - 0 Liskeard

---------------------------------------------------------------

I don't usually moan but the biggest influence on the Penzance v Illogan match yesterday were the poor officials.

The referee didn't blow for a penalty for Pz when a player was brought down in the box as he would have had to give an early red card out to an Illogan defender. The keeper grabs the ball, kicks long and it bounces once and is then headed over the Pz keeper to put Illogan one up, which obviously wouldn't have happened if the spot-kick had been given.

During the second half Penzance were being flagged for off-side when they were clearly behind the last player. This happened a few times, the worst time the Pz player was 5 yds behind the last defender.

A player from both sides got in a tangle and the Illogan player put two hands up and pushed the Pz player onto the ground right in front of the ref. Does he get a card, no, just a talking too.

Then near the end an Illogan player gets a red card for what. We don't have a clue on the terraces. About 15 players involved in a general get together in the middle of the pitch but no fisty cuffs or anything. I think the ref decided it was about time someone got a red.

I think you just sometimes need to realise that maybe you didn't have the best view of it all...? Maybe the referee had the best one, is what you 'think' you saw what actually happened or just in your opinon what happened...? The referee gave what he saw and you can't ask anymore than that, because you didn't see what the red card was for you are making out like the referee just dished one out willy nilly...I think not, maybe just another case of you not seeing what's happening on the pitch? And the referee doing what he has done for many years and be genuine.

Even the supporters of Illogan were talking amongst themselves saying the same as above, that the referee should have given the penalty and that their player should have had a red card. It was such an obvious foul.

And as to "what I saw", how come everyone in the stand all saw the same thing, and described the same tackle. It was not mass hullucination!

Even the supporters of Illogan were talking amongst themselves saying the same as above, that the referee should have given the penalty and that their player should have had a red card. It was such an obvious foul.

And as to "what I saw", how come everyone in the stand all saw the same thing, and described the same tackle. It was not mass hullucination!

I am not saying that is was a mass hulluncinatuon for one minute, but 'everyone in the stand saw the same thing'.....absolutely answers what I've just stated....you ALL saw different to the referee........he is fully qualified and was in the best position to make the decision from HIS view...he got the decision correct!

Have to say that the Penryn lino was well hard to get past yesterday as well - 3 goals ruled offside.

One which was marginal, so would have to give him the benefit of the doubt on it, another which was so onside it should have been as embarrassing to him as it was the home supporters I was stood with and an own goal which was sliced in by a defender on the 6yard line attempting to clear a shot hit from the edge of the box. Rightfully so though,after a discussion the ref overruled the flag and the goal stood.

All in all, a good solid performance from Dobwalls and a scoreline that is flattering to Penryn - 1-2.

Penryn lino a very genuine fella, and if you are not in line....then you cannot dispute it.

A good spoiling game from yourselves, busy in the tackle, foot in on every tackle, chased Penryn down on every occasion, ocassional passing move from yourselves opened Penryn up a little to easily. Typical village performance. in your face, break up the oppositions game, well done by you.

I don't usually moan but the biggest influence on the Penzance v Illogan match yesterday were the poor officials.

The referee didn't blow for a penalty for Pz when a player was brought down in the box as he would have had to give an early red card out to an Illogan defender. The keeper grabs the ball, kicks long and it bounces once and is then headed over the Pz keeper to put Illogan one up, which obviously wouldn't have happened if the spot-kick had been given.

During the second half Penzance were being flagged for off-side when they were clearly behind the last player. This happened a few times, the worst time the Pz player was 5 yds behind the last defender.

A player from both sides got in a tangle and the Illogan player put two hands up and pushed the Pz player onto the ground right in front of the ref. Does he get a card, no, just a talking too.

Then near the end an Illogan player gets a red card for what. We don't have a clue on the terraces. About 15 players involved in a general get together in the middle of the pitch but no fisty cuffs or anything. I think the ref decided it was about time someone got a red.

Have to agree, was a definate penalty in the first half. However I dont think it would have made a difference to the result. Pze had 1 shotall game which hit the post and where geneallypoor all over the park. If illogan had finished half of their chances on the day, would have been the scoreline that most where expecting.

The sending off was very harsh and even players arnt surewhat it was for, but could have quite easily have been a redforthe Pze keeper or a their left winger with poo/late challenges.

All in all a fair result even though a poor game to watch!

Tom is a great lad and does a lot for Penryn a really nice genuine person. In this day an age clubs find it really hard to find these great people willing to do a thankless job.. To have silly individuals come on her questioning his ability is pretty sad. He gives his day up free of charge to help out the club he loves. Nobody's perfect not even in the premier league and I'm 110% sure the decisions he have were as he saw it. You won get over it and leave the lad get on with what he does..

I don,t want to have a go at referees but in the last 3 games I have watched,although they seem to be having good games they go and do (or don,t)something that puts them right in the spotlight.At mousehole v St Austell the vile language got worse and worse as the game went on?At pendeen v marazion a competitive game without a bad foul was ruined by a ref who took great delight in issueing 2 soft yellows and left 10 v 11?And yesterday I like the vast majority of people at Penzance could not believe the penalty incident,it was so blatant.As a spectator I know refs can,t always get things right but I think they can help themselves sometimes by cutting out the language early on and by showing a bit of common sense at times as the game needs them and they were having good games. Must disagree with Mr mutant as I only saw the first half and my old mate traths who came in at the last minute for Penzance had 2 great chances and would have put them away in his prime (not his fault just lacking sharpness) And the penalty would of probably put pz ahead against 10 men and they were quite comfortable up until that point.

Thanks for your kind words handsome dan (definately would have binned them!and so would you have. but hey ho i am a has been!!!) Penzance will keep going and improve but as they say rome wasnt built in a day. It was definately a penalty but when you are at the bottom nothing goes your way. Keep smiling and enjoy your football.

Ctb I have waited over 24 hrs for my response lol, I would say as a spectator for the Penzance v illogan game yesterday it wouldn't have demanded the entrance fee! As for the ref , we won and were probably as aggrieved as yourself , we won and were not happy! Yes Penzance should have had a pen, sending off very dubious, but with two pz players trying to cling onto an illogan player around the legs and refusing to let go and our player flailing his legs to get them off, was it a red? Also a pz player after the pen claim screaming at the ref in his face which most people heard in 50 yards calling him a f*****g c**t to his face, after strict pre match instructions to us he wouldn't tolerate swearing, we all heard from the touchline but asking the ref if that was acceptable he said he didn't hear it?! Then we should have had a pen in second half when young Reece was chopped down in the box, clearly, as pointed out by the player and the tuft of grass clearly taken out the ground in the box from the rash challenge, where it took place bottled it maybe?! outside the box he have a free kick, then later after the whistle had gone the keeper ( sorry rich my old mate lol) continued to rush out and cleaned up our striker , Ctb u painted a very one sided opinion of the ref, we had as many decisions against us, you were not happy, we were not happy however he only gave what he saw, ultimately none of us can argue with that , we all have opinions ! I wouldn't like to be a ref , it's a hard job but they give what they see whether we like it it not, it's there opinion at the time as it's ours now! I was slightly more annoyed at mr meads abuse from the stands as an official, set an example please

Was a poor game, we were more disappointed about our performance than the ref, we didn't enjoy it from the bench , so the spectators obviously felt the same but 3 points is 3 points even on a bad day , that's all that matters at the end of the day and knowing how to graft a win, plenty of heart and a winning mentality

Plus handsome dan I agree with the first half pen decision for pz, as for the language can only assume you heard what the pz player screamed in the refs face , so maybe the ref wasn't the cause if pz loss? Plus you didn't see the second half when decisions went the other way, we could be here all night but without refs the game wouldn't take place, we love them and hate them but I wouldn't be one

Just caught up with this thread and feel the need to comment - as I've been mentioned in dispatches! Most people playing and watching at Penzance thought it was a clear-cut penalty but the ref thought the defender got a slight touch on the ball - and it's his opinion that counts. I cannot condone the bad language used at times throughout the game by both teams and it's becoming an ever-increasing problem which must be rectified if we are to continue to get people coming to watch local football. I also don't believe that this is the place to have a go at, or criticise, match officials, who are not permitted to defend themselves.

As for the allegation from Jamo that I was abusive, I totally refute that I said anything abusive to anyone, before, during or after the match: I'm still permitted to support my team on a Saturday, despite being a League official.