Falmouth DC 4v5 St Erme
Railway Locomotiv 2v1 Newquay 4ths
Stithians Reserves 2v6 Newlyn Lions
Wendron United 4ths 3v0 Trevenson United Reserves

Percy Stephens Cup – First Round
Probus Reserves 5v1 Goonhavern Athletic Reserves
Wendron United Res 4v2 Sennen

Trispen 3-1 St Buryan Res

3 points for Trispen in a tale of 2 halves. 1st half Trispen started impressively passing neatly and creating various chances. The first goal came when Lewis Dodd finished off after great work from Sam Lawrence and Shane Weeks. The second came moments later when Sam Lawrence crossed neatly for Shane Weeks to score with a volley from 6 yards. At this moment in time it looked like Trispen would score at every attack. But complacency struck and St Buryan slowly worked themselves into the half without creating anything clear cut. More chances and half chances came Trispens way but the score stayed 2-0 at half time.

After words at halftime about complacency and loss of tempo ringing in their ears this only seemed to put Trispen under pressure. This mixed with St Buryan coming out after the break a completely different animal ment it was Trispen under the cosh right from the start. St Buryan scored a deserved goal and looked like they would score on every attack. Around the 70th minute mark and 25mins of soaking up the aerial bombardment Trispen scored a breakaway goal that took the wind out of St Buryan sails. Great work from Greg Dunn to release Fred Tallis on the overlap saw him drill a sweet low cross across the box and Shane Weeks was on hand to tap in from 5yrds. Trispen then saw the game out without any more scares for 3 points.

Well played to St Buryan and see you again in a couple of weeks.

Also a thanks to referee Mr Clemens on taking the fixture on very shirt notice. He had a great game.

P.S. Sorry about the kit episode ref!

Holmans 2-4 Marazion Division 3

Reasonably even contested game, even though i shouldn't have been, many many chances missed by Marazion to kill the game off in the first half, Holmans made more of a game of it in the second half Marazion not turning up for the first 10 minutes of the second half a 4th goal all but ended the tie to make it 4-0, Poor goalkeeping gave holmans hope at 4-1 and a neat free kick on the edge of the area flew into the bottom corner made it 2-4, holmans had 2 more free kicks in dangerous positions in the last 5 minutes. 1 tipped wide from the diving keeper and another blocked meant that Marazion reserves remain undefeated and near the top of League 3. Thanks to the Referee who handled it very well, 1 player could have seen red due to a last man tackle today but Holmans got the goal from the resulting free kick, but all in all excellent refereeing

St Buryan 1-5 West Cornwall

3-0 up at half time, should of been more, but coming out to face the wind 2nd half it was never over. St Buryan pulled one back but to be fair we were superb today. Defended well and hit them on the break when they were throwing guys forwad looking for a way back in it 2nd half, and the scoreline could of been more given we missed a couple sitters. I spent 10 minutes speaking with the ref before kick off, and he told me this is his 2nd year doing junior football after stepping down from senior football, and how slow it was...yet didn't keep up with play and got nearly everything wrong. Poor for both sides. Feel awful saying it coz he was a lovely chap! But take nothing away from the lads today, we were superb all over the pitch and fully deserved the win.

Scorers

Condie 3

Danny Mac 1

Macca Negus 1

Please feel free to post your result and post match comments later

Trelawny League

PREMIER DIVISION

Gulval v Constantine

Gwinear Churchtown v Mawnan

Perranwell Reserves v Holman

St Buryan v West Cornwall

Chacewater PvP St Keverne

Threemilestone v Carharrack

Division 1

Hayle Reserves v Camborne School of Mines

Lizard Argyle v Halsetown

Newlyn Non-Athletico v Perranporth Reserves

Praze-an-Beeble v St Ives Town Reserves

Rosudgeon v Stithians

St Agnes Reserves v RNAS Culdrose Reserves

Division 2

Chacewater Reserves v Mullion Reserves

Frogpool & Cusgarne v Pendeen Rovers

Marazion Blues v Illogan RBL 3rds

St Just Reserves v Penryn Athletic

Storm v Redruth United Reserves

Trispen v St Buryan Reserves

Division 3

Holman SC Reserves v Marazion Blues Reserves

Lanner v Helston Athletic 3rds

Mawnan Reserves v Four Lanes

St Day 3rds v St Agnes 3rds

West Cornwall Reserves v Cury

Division 4

Carharrack Reserves v Lizard Argyle Reserves

Falmouth Town v Gulval Reserves

Mabe v Frogpool & Cusgarne Reserves

Mousehole 3rds v St Ives Mariners

Penwith Exiles Newlyn v Non-Athletico Reserves

Praze-an-Beeble Reserves v Gwinear Churchtown Reserves

Troon Reserves v Ludgvan Reserves

Division 5

Camborne Athletic v Madron Reserves

Falmouth DC v St Erme

Railway Locomotiv v Newquay 4ths

Stithians Reserves v Newlyn Lions

Wendron United 4ths v Trevenson United Reserves

Percy Stephens Cup First Round

Probus Reserves v Goonhavern Athletic Reserves

Wendron United Reserves v Sennen

Camborne athletic 1-0 Madron res (0-0h/t)

Div 5

Camborne dominated the 1st 10 mins but then seem to give up. A game where both keepers kept their teams in the game. Madron scored just before half time from a free kick but have 3 players on offside position the goal was disallowed.

2nd half was fairly even again both keepers and defence keeping their team in the game. Athletic score in the 86th min from old man shane Morgan. Good luck to Madron for the rest of the season and see u on ur pitch soon.

West Cornwall 2nds 0-3 Cury

Two sides that like to play football, thought we looked very strong in the first half which so us take a 0-2 lead which properly could of been 3or4. Second half west cornwall came out strong first 10-15 mins and had us on the ropes a bit however once we weathered the storm we started to break away at will and should of scored more. West Cornwall will defo be up in top 4 this season in my opinion, I think if the get a couple of early goals in games they will go on to dominate their opponents. Special mention to the chap that stood in and ref the game I think it was the west cornwall manager, very fair and honest performance and for that we thank you. Good luck for rest of season.

Watched the Perranwell vs Holmans game today where Holmans won 5-0, I think Jamie cooper had 3, Jack stocker had 1 and Kyle marks had the other.

Also heard Troon res lost 9-2 to Ludgvan res.

No Dom Pullen this weekend Minnsy? I thought he would be first pick after scoring twice midweek.

Dom was playing for Falmouth this weekend Rich, if i didn't know better id say you was watching our results & goal scorers although i don't know why. :) ps I'm looking for some green flares you wouldn't be able to point me in the right direction would you. :yahoo:

Falmouth DC - 4 St Erme - 5

What an advert for Trelawny 5 this was, both teams started brightly and either team could've taken the lead in the opening exchanges but it was Falmouth who took the lead, the game ebbed and flowed and eventually St Erme got the equaliser through Terry Campbell but St Erme couldn't build on this, then just before half time Falmouth went 2-1 up when they caught us on the break again, the half time whistle went and Falmouth deservedly went in 2-1 up at half time and was very much a half to forget for the St Erme lads.

2nd half St Erme came out firing on all cylinders and were soon back on level terms when some good work from Paul Bellamy, Andy Mitchell and Paul Hopkinson set Elliott Jolly up who finished emphatically for his 10th goal in 3 games, once again Falmouth went in front again from a fortunate deflection to go 3-2 up but once again St Erme came back and thanks to some determined play by Terry Campbell who robbed the ball by the corner flag then went on a mazy run before burying the ball to make it 3-3!! The game then was then in our hands to go on and win the game, once again Adam Coveney who was having a blinder on the wing linked up with Jolly with a neat one two before smashing it into the bottom corner to finally give St Erme the lead. St Erme now had Falmouth on the ropes as they were being stretched all over the park with Adam Coveney and Andy Mitchell always an option on the wings, once again Coveney got running at their defence and squared across the face of goal only for the defender to slide the ball into his own net to make it 5-3 and now the points were in the bag, however there was still time for Falmouth to get a 4th after a dubious decision from the ref, but St Erme held on and after a battling performance came out on top against a very good Falmouth side, we remain top with 4 wins out of 4 so let's keep this up for the season and who knows???

St Erme goals scored by Terry Campbell x 2, Elliott Jolly x 1, Adam Coveney x 1, OG x 1

Man of the match - Adam Coveney but pushed very close by Terry Campbell

Watched the Perranwell vs Holmans game today where Holmans won 5-0, I think Jamie cooper had 3, Jack stocker had 1 and Kyle marks had the other.

Why only watched Minns, are you poorly? And where's the flowing, witty match report? Or is Pitty still in town and honing his pen (keyboard) as we post?

Threemilestone 0-4 Carharrack. Goalscorers were Dario Pisano, Jake Shaw, a great header from Billy Williams and stand in striker Bradley Leivers. MOTM went to Luke Osborne. game was played in good spirits, and was a top performance from us (carharrack) yesterday. credit to Bradley for his performance, with no strikers in the squad he did a great job yesterday. all the best to Kempy and the stones for the rest of the season. up the coys

Why only watched Minns, are you poorly? And where's the flowing, witty match report? Or is Pitty still in town and honing his pen (keyboard) as we post?

Due to work and family commitments I haven't been able to join a team but with work slowing down in October I might be able to make the odd appearance for a side or may just spend some more time playing golf with my boy. We're see....

Division 5

Stithians 2-6 Newlyn Lions 6

Only been to Stithians twice and both times I have had to step in to ref the game. Really disappointing when the home team can't manage to muster someone to ref a game and then moan about the person who does lol.

Newlyn dominated the game for the most part, possession wise but found it hard to break the deadlock through a combination of over cooking it in and around the box and poor finishing. Then the obvious happened, Stithians lumped the ball forward out of defence, where our entire defence had fallen asleep, our keeper hesitated, came stopped and came again only to let the Stithians attacker knock the ball past him into the empty net.

That fired us a bit and we quickly took control again and finally finished the half 2-1 up.

The second half started well for us and we finally started playing neat, tidy football, keeping possession for long periods. Again we missed a number of good opportunities but the football we were playing was nice to watch and the dominance finally paid off when we scored 4 second half goals.

Overall I was glad to get out of there with the points in the bag and with any luck, won't have to play/ref there in a league game again. I made a few mistakes yesterday but honest mistakes and for both sides

Best of luck to Stithians for the season, some nice guys over there.

Mark

Div 4

Penwith exiles 13 - 1 Newlyn Non-Athletico

Score says it all really, exiles dominated the game from start to finish, conceded a sloppy goal but with a healthy goal difference we weren't worried, some great football played at times creating some terrific goals.

To mention one a nice ping from Dan Burt from around 30 yards out straight over their keepers head.

In all fairness Newlyn battled through the 90 mins

Good luck to them for the season

Exiles Still going strong, still unbeaten and still banging in goals.

Goal scorers

Dan Burt 7

Nathan Burt 2

Wayne Thyer 1

Tyler Lea 1

Tj-Price 1

Dean Hunt 1

To say that Newlyn turned up to Exiles with a makeshift defence would make it sound like we had a defence. I think Penwith will take a bit of stopping this season. Hopefully they won't get bored winning easily each week. Hopefully, we can regroup and make a game of it with the next opposition. Good luck for the rest of the season to Penwith, glad we've got our 2 games with you out the way already!

Why only watched Minns, are you poorly? And where's the flowing, witty match report? Or is Pitty still in town and honing his pen (keyboard) as we post? The new leaner but older me is gearing up for a debut with Holmans in Div 3 in 2 weeks time Brugel once a few work commitments allow looking fwd to playing for hammers and coops with a good bunch of lads.....I'm sure a few sarcastic tongue in cheek match reports will appear then :)

. I spent 10 minutes speaking with the ref before kick off, and he told me this is his 2nd year doing junior football after stepping down from senior football, and how slow it was...yet didn't keep up with play and got nearly everything wrong. Poor for both sides. Feel awful saying it coz he was a lovely chap!

Then why say it!?

Why only watched Minns, are you poorly? And where's the flowing, witty match report? Or is Pitty still in town and honing his pen (keyboard) as we post?The new leaner but older me is gearing up for a debut with Holmans in Div 3 in 2 weeks time Brugel once a few work commitments allow looking fwd to playing for hammers and coops with a good bunch of lads.....I'm sure a few sarcastic tongue in cheek match reports will appear then :)

If that's my weekend off I may come witness this ;-)