Cornwall Football Forum

Plymouth Parkway 2 Tiverton 0 - TREBLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a fantastic game at Coach Road for the St Lukes Bowl final.

A very even first half, where chances were limited as both defences were strong and on their game.

The second half saw Levi Landricombe bag 2 goals to clinch the Treble.

The second half performance was probably the best football that I have seen Parkway play this season.

Our back four - Elphick , Stringer , Bailey and Landricombe were superb. Lewis and Colwell controlled the midfield and Carter and Landricombe were outstanding up front. Carter had a point to prove against his old club and they must be thinking why they let him go.

The team as a whole were great. So many games in such a short space of time and they did the business right through to the last game. My man of the match was Ben Elphick.

Absolutely chuffed boys.

I would like to say good luck to Marc Bonney who leaves the club to travel and thank Lance Bailey for his gesture at the end of the match - you are a gentleman and legend a sir.

Well done to all concerned at Parkway and thankyou for a great seasons entertainment.

What a fantastic game at Coach Road for the St Lukes Bowl final.

A very even first half, where chances were limited as both defences were strong and on their game.

The second half saw Levi Landricombe bag 2 goals to clinch the Treble.

The second half performance was probably the best football that I have seen Parkway play this season.

Our back four - Elphick , Stringer , Bailey and Landricombe were superb. Lewis and Colwell controlled the midfield and Carter and Landricombe were outstanding up front. Carter had a point to prove against his old club and they must be thinking why they let him go.

The team as a whole were great. So many games in such a short space of time and they did the business right through to the last game. My man of the match was Ben Elphick.

Absolutely chuffed boys.

I would like to say good luck to Marc Bonney who leaves the club to travel and thank Lance Bailey for his gesture at the end of the match - you are a gentleman and legend a sir.

Well done to all concerned at Parkway and thankyou for a great seasons entertainment.

Agree with everything the Bald One said . After winning the league and league cup double over the weekend , the whole team just relaxed and played their football . I know that several managers from teams higher up the pyramid were watching last night , they were bound to be impressed by one or two lads and Parkway may face a battle to hang on to them over the summer . Lance Bailey and Will Stringer ,in particular , stand out as a couple of promising youngsters who deserve a crack at the big time . :thumbsup:

A massive congratulations to Plymouth Parkway on an amazing treble however I can't help but personally feel it is a little tainted by the fact the club didn't apply for promotion.

So what if they not apply for promotion, does not taint their treble one little bit. This isn't the only league it happens in! Maybe the financial backing is not in place, only they will know why they didn't want promotion,

"Lance Bailey and Will Stringer ,in particular , stand out as a couple of promising youngsters who deserve a crack at the big time . "

Very good players indeed and worth a go at a higher level - but how much higher is that "the big time"? They could already play Western Premier no problem.

I agree with the points made by several people above. There is no point in going to the Western League just to run into worries over finance.

And in any case, what's wrong with staying in the Peninsula and aiming for the treble again next time around? There's nothing quite as nice as winning, after all.

Loong forward to seeing Parkway play again in the carlsberg peninsula league but surely some of the quality players they have must want to better themselves in a higher league . They got a player in Levi LANDRICOMBE who has scored 62 goals in all comps and i cannot understand why Truro City dont put in for a move for him maybe its because of the high money Parkway are being paid a supporter told me 1 player is on £180 a match .What is the point of playing in this league if you are going to opt out of promotion to a higher league like Exmouth have done so that so that means Richard Pears will be giving out more stick to the linesman and ref in this league i have never heard a linesman abused so much by a manager as was when Exmouth played at th Gs ground

Loong forward to seeing Parkway play again in the carlsberg peninsula league but surely some of the quality players they have must want to better themselves in a higher league . They got a player in Levi LANDRICOMBE who has scored 62 goals in all comps and i cannot understand why Truro City dont put in for a move for him maybe its because of the high money Parkway are being paid a supporter told me 1 player is on £180 a match .What is the point of playing in this league if you are going to opt out of promotion to a higher league like Exmouth have done so that so that means Richard Pears will be giving out more stick to the linesman and ref in this league i have never heard a linesman abused so much by a manager as was when Exmouth played at th Gs ground

In Mike Landricombe , Levi Landricombe , Dan Hart , Lance Bailey and Gavin Coulton ,Parkway have got players that would fit right into the Truro , Bideford or Tiverton sides . There are other factors to consider besides money though , does the players family commitments allow this ? Do his work commitments allow it ? These are just two of the factors to consider .

Providing these important factors are taken into account , it's not an insurmountable jump from Peninsula League to Southern League football . In the past year John Heveran ,Shane Krac , Ryan Richards , Steve Colwell , Warren Daw and Neil Slateford have successfully managed this .

Dan Hart will stay with Parkway Levi will be a scoring sensation at Truro and Plymouth Argyle will come look at him and sign him he will then get Argyle Promoted then move to Leeds Utd and continue scoring and then he will be snapped up by a Prem club and then move on to Barcelona where him and Messi cause havoc . Ok thats that no seriously i think he will do well at Truro and i will be watching this closely i wander if he will play in Truros pre season match vs Bodmin and i expect Truro will be playing Plymouth again like they usually do but not the reserves like last year . I bet the carlsberg south western peninsula players are hoping he does go to Truro and wont have to face him again but Parkway are still a good side without him but he would be a big lost to them .

The quality of players that Parkway have there at the moment are very good at this level, but there isn't anyone there I have seen this season that would walk into the Truro side. People forget how bigger step up it is. Massey tried it with local talent this year and if it wasn't for Steve Tully bringing in some proven players for the last 10 games or so, they would have gone down!!!!!!