Cornwall Football Forum

why woz the porthleven v foxhole topic closed

Guest Urban Spaceman

Guest Peppermint

I have mentioned this in another posting and I agree it does seem strange that a first class and humorous piece of reporting has been closed for disussion. I would certainly like to know why or is it a case of censorship gone mad!

Darin Morse writes very funny reports that are enjoyed by the vast majority on the Forum and he does sometimes add bits that is writers' licence but I am sure no offence is intended. Perhaps he happened to mention Porthleven and Paparazzi did not like it but surely the Forum users are entitled to an answer regarding Urban Spaceman's question as to why it was closed.

Guest Peppermint

I would just like to support Charley's remarks and The Chairman's posting and please ask WHY this posting was closed.

Surely a simple answer is in order but the administrators are strangely silent!

Yeah it was closed because of conflicts of interest, I didnt think Porthleven deserved to be spoken about like that, it wasn`t the football that annoyed me it was the whole way he spoke about Porthleven town.

Say what you want about the football this is a football forum just dont really see the point of slateing a town.

Anyway i have opened the topic again and you can write what you like from now on.

I have always believed that fair comment about a particular Club or players is ok, there is surely no need for anyone on this forum to be abusive in any shape or form, we do not wish for this forum to get a bad name, so let us all give fair & constructive comments,

Have our friendly dig at Clubs & players, but do not go over the top,

we all have our own particular Clubs & players that we support,

So boy's & girl's as we say in Cornwall let's do a proper job of it. :thumbsup::c: :c:

Guest Peppermint

I will echo the Chairman's posting and Darin's reports are entertaining and always done with the tongue firmly in the cheek!

In reply to Tommy - we all like to think that our town is the best and defend it but it was done in a nasty way and people have short memories because Darin has done other reports about other venues in the past. I can remember a funny one about Liskeard last year.

Finally on the subject I appreciate Paparazzi coming on the Forum and informing us of why it was removed. I appreciate the hard work done by the administrators on the Forum and think it is an excellent tool. Lets not lose our sense of humours.

Should have said NOT done in a nasty way!

I thought Darin's post was as always with his match reports very entertaining and a good read, i always look out for them, despite not knowing foxhole from my elbow. The comments about the village life is a part of living in cornwall. and can be altered to suit any village. Carharrack will always take the mick out of St Day, etc etc. I'm sure Darin didn't mean any harm to the people of Porthleven.

Keep em coming Darin, i don't mind if you want to rip the mick out of a trip to Threemilestone any time - Any news is good news and we probably got a fair share of things to write about! :c::clapper: :thumbsup: