Cornwall Football Forum

Dicky Evans in talks......

Many rumours floating around today about Cornish Pirates owner Dicky Evans expressing an interest into Truro city. i hope this is true and it works out fingers crossed.

Well, I suppose he can afford to lose the money - for the time being.

I think he has an eye on the stadium for Cornwall being dual purpose, makes sense, although crowds of 300 are going to look a bit silly in a 10,000 seater stadium.

Did I read somewhere he's going to go it on his own with the stadium ????

Many rumours floating around today about Cornish Pirates owner Dicky Evans expressing an interest into Truro city. i hope this is true and it works out fingers crossed.

Well, I suppose he can afford to lose the money - for the time being.

I think he has an eye on the stadium for Cornwall being dual purpose, makes sense, although crowds of 300 are going to look a bit silly in a 10,000 seater stadium.

Did I read somewhere he's going to go it on his own with the stadium ????

I did hear that the intended plan was a dual stadium as the plans are struggling, if he owned both a football and rugby team he could sway a decision. Failing that as you stated possible going alone making more in return with footballs revenue.

Be lovely if this does happen i for 1 would watch the pirates every home game its just too far to travel to penzance to watch them play with petrol prices but if it was nearer i would be there

Maybe that is the problem for football supporters who dont live in Truro - people dont want to spend/waste money driving from the far reaches of Cornwall to watch a team they have little or no affinity with. How many outside of Truro can honestly say they are bothered what happens to Truro - Truro football club is about the people of Truro and not many others. Its all about supporting your local village/town team and helping them to survive - I dont give a hoot about Truro - they are just another team, just like Penzance, St. Austell et al - and in the nicest possible way I dont give a hoot about them either. Call it parochial, call it narrow minded but all the fantastic success achieved by Truro so far has not influenced my life or that of my club and dont see that it ever will. Having said that, it would be a shame if Truro folded but it is purely a matter for the people of Truro.

Problem for Dicky Evans is He will have to pay off all of Truro City's Debts to the Tax man, including any monies owed to the Players,

Plus the cost of the Liquidators reported to be around £500 pounds an Hour for the main person & £100 per hour for her two helpers,

that must by now be quite a sum,

then there is the cost of the day to day running of a Rugby club & a Football club, which if he was unable to buy back the ground he would have to pay rent on it until & when a new stadium is Built,

In my view this is a very big thing to take on,

If he can do it the best of luck,

Hammers :c::mellow: :c:

Problem for Dicky Evans is He will have to pay off all of Truro City's Debts to the Tax man, including any monies owed to the Players,

Plus the cost of the Liquidators reported to be around £500 pounds an Hour for the main person & £100 per hour for her two helpers,

that must by now be quite a sum,

then there is the cost of the day to day running of a Rugby club & a Football club, which if he was unable to buy back the ground he would have to pay rent on it until & when a new stadium is Built,

In my view this is a very big thing to take on,

If he can do it the best of luck,

Hammers :c::mellow::c:

If those hourly rates are true.

No wonder our Admistrators are TALKING all the time.

Be lovely if this does happen i for 1 would watch the pirates every home game its just too far to travel to penzance to watch them play with petrol prices but if it was nearer i would be there

Maybe that is the problem for football supporters who dont live in Truro - people dont want to spend/waste money driving from the far reaches of Cornwall to watch a team they have little or no affinity with. How many outside of Truro can honestly say they are bothered what happens to Truro - Truro football club is about the people of Truro and not many others. Its all about supporting your local village/town team and helping them to survive - I dont give a hoot about Truro - they are just another team, just like Penzance, St. Austell et al - and in the nicest possible way I dont give a hoot about them either. Call it parochial, call it narrow minded but all the fantastic success achieved by Truro so far has not influenced my life or that of my club and dont see that it ever will. Having said that, it would be a shame if Truro folded but it is purely a matter for the people of Truro.

Well said that man, pretty much agree with that. My club will always come first, and first, and first. Will go anywhere when my club is not in action, including Truro now - if they survive.