Cornwall Football Forum

What a farce

Radio Cornwall announce package will be accepted, tweets from players say they are now saved (for now anyway) and then this is posted

http://t.co/NlDDQx3y stating there is no deal and they've been kicked out. Then:

Truro City FC@TruroCityTweet

City 'Safe for at least 2 months'

Then:

There seems to be 2 stories going around - both the very opposite.@BBCSpotlight have just reported City safe for 2 months.

Then:

We need an official statement from the administrators on what the situation is.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON????

How Heaney has not had a hiding before now I will never know.

Chris Webb and all those who carried coat tails for that ginger idiot, swanning around in trucks emblazoned in Truro livery with fancy number plates have sadly wrecked over 100 years of history.

An absolute farce in a period where green space is so vehemently protected; how on earth was he ever allowed to muscle in and take their ground?

I am not even a Truro fan but as someone who assists with the running of a club and knowing how people have to dedicate their lives to keeping things running; this makes me incredibly angry.

Heaven knows how the die hards are feeling.

Forget local rivalry, a club has been lost here and it has been done in a disgusting fashion. All the best to those left behind.

Pardon my ignorance but if a case of corruption could be proven, would there be any chance of a government compulsory purchase or such like?

Not for now clearly, but to secure a home for a future Truro back at local level?

Apologies if this is poorly set out with awful grammar, I am rushing this on my phone!

Mangotsfield United here fan in peace. Been trying to keep up with what has happened today. Is that really the end now, or is there still a glimmer of hope for in the morning? The loyal fans, the players and all the club officials who have done their bit for TCFC down the years don't deserve this at all & for the picture to change so quickly this evening is, as someone has said, a total shambles. My commiserations to everyone at Treyew Road & indeed to all Cornish football fans because, even if they were your old rivals at other clubs like Falmouth or Bodmin, Truro City put Cornish football on the national map with their achievements these past few years. I only wish they could continue to do so.

Mangotsfield United here fan in peace. Been trying to keep up with what has happened today. Is that really the end now, or is there still a glimmer of hope for in the morning? The loyal fans, the players and all the club officials who have done their bit for TCFC down the years don't deserve this at all & for the picture to change so quickly this evening is, as someone has said, a total shambles. My commiserations to everyone at Treyew Road & indeed to all Cornish football fans because, even if they were your old rivals at other clubs like Falmouth or Bodmin, Truro City put Cornish football on the national map with their achievements these past few years. I only wish they could continue to do so.

I do agree .... it was good while it lasted but a certain person has left a bitter taste for genuine business people ,more important than football.

Steve Tabb will remain in more genuine football fans minds .Bring back the red and black . :c:

Yes, they put Cornish football on the so called national map, but locally they were on a different map completely. Ask the businesses that were not paid, the staff not paid, the players not paid. Read the report on the creditors meeting with hmrc in attendance. Not a lot to shout about locally.

Sincerely hope the fraud squad look into it all, I have wondered if the sale of the ground was done all above board? Funny how it was sold with KH getting the money just before filing for bankruptcy? Who's on the board of Jojo? The Trustees held out all these years in letting him sell the ground, why let him do it when they must've known he was in so much financial turmoil? Effectively those Trustees have just given away the ground? Unless I'm totally stupid, what is the role of Trustee, if not to oversee the continuation of football by Truro City on Treyew Rd, or another suitable venue?

I think these & a lot more questions need answering, and pretty damned quick!! Nothing ever really made sense up there from the minute that regime moved in, and a lot of us who were there at the time always always questioned the real motives behind it all. The football was a sweetener to get the holy grail, the ground!!!!!

On a more positive note, if that's at all possible now? If the club is to be extinct, who would be interested in reforming a club, at whatever level it has to start? Let's see how many of you are genuine supporters, and how many were glory hunters. If everyone got behind it, how many successive promotions could be achieved again? Only this time, it maybe at a more realistic level, and with the right coloured shirts on!!?

The trustees can't now suddenly say, I don't want to do this anymore. They may well be liable for the debt, but equally they may not. That depends on the document they signed when they became trustees. One thing is for sure, they were entrusted to foresee the footballing future of Truro City, either at Treyew Rd, or a suitable alternative. I do in some way feel very sorry for the position they find themselves in, and I know one of them very well, and seeing the way KH took over at the club, they were pushed & pushed. As I said in my last post, I'm surprised they held off the sale of the grond for so long. I think they have been in a no win situation from the outset though, and even when I spoke to one of them at the Bromley game, he was still thinking that Truro could play on Treyew, until a suitable ground was found. The only thing he overlooked, was that if the club is liquidated, there was no team to re-home? I can't see anything other than a total restart as a new club?

The help and support for Truro City,is amazing.

First Eastliegh,pledge to give all gate reciepts to Truro,next week.

Now Rangers F.C. have pitched in to help.Already set up a account for donations.

They are asking every Rangers fan to donate £1 to help.

If they get their usual 50,000 at Ibrox.BOOM.

Also talking about bringing a Rangers team to Treyew Rd for a Friendly.

Im totally astonished,they way true football fans are reacting.

What the Administrator should be doing is finding out who had the 2.28 million paid for the Truro City Football ground,

two points,

One If Mr Heaney had the money how was he able to declare himself Bankrup,

Two if he did have the money there should be some way that that the Administrator can make him pay off all of Truro City's Debts

After all he is the cause of the problem,

The writing has been on the wall for a long time but unfortunatley noone was able to read it until it was too late,

Hammers :c::mellow: :c:

What the Administrator should be doing is finding out who had the 2.28 million paid for the Truro City Football ground,

two points,

One If Mr Heaney had the money how was he able to declare himself Bankrup,

Two if he did have the money there should be some way that that the Administrator can make him pay off all of Truro City's Debts

After all he is the cause of the problem,

The writing has been on the wall for a long time but unfortunatley noone was able to read it until it was too late,

Hammers :c::mellow::c:

Very true.

Our Admistrators,are not covering themselves in glory,at the moment.

Just silence.

People are wondering,what is going on.????????

Plenty of people saw the writing on the wall. Unfortunately those that could or should have done something remained blinded by glory or duty or loyalty or fear for their jobs?

Not completely true.

TISA had an idea what was going on.

When they were formed,and started to ask questions about the Heaney regime.

Members were set upon by Security Staff.

No flags were allowed.

Red and Black was banned

All Tisa merchandise was banned.

Certain Tisa people were not allowed in.

In the end a lot of TISA members only attended away games.

If only the rest listened and stood by us.

But all we was labelled as was trouble makers.

HMMMMMMMMMMM.

And who are there now,fighting tooth and nail,to save the Club.??????????

It would be unfair to say its only the TISA members!

Did'nt say it was ONLY TISA. -_-

So Im not being Unfair.Am I.????????????????

The way I read it, and to probably many a neutral, the inference was there. If I was wrong - apologies.

As we all know there are a few people heavily involved that are not TISA connected.

Plenty of people saw the writing on the wall. Unfortunately those that could or should have done something remained blinded by glory or duty or loyalty or fear for their jobs?

Not completely true.

TISA had an idea what was going on.

When they were formed,and started to ask questions about the Heaney regime.

Members were set upon by Security Staff.

No flags were allowed.

Red and Black was banned

All Tisa merchandise was banned.

Certain Tisa people were not allowed in.

In the end a lot of TISA members only attended away games.

If only the rest listened and stood by us.

But all we was labelled as was trouble makers.

HMMMMMMMMMMM.

Honestly he disliked TISA that bad.

I though he relented when there was bad press about the bans.

Mr Heaney hated TISA,and everything they stood for.

Lee Hodges was talking to me,at the Race Night.

He told me,before the season started,management and players,had all agreed on a lovely new away kit.

It was all black,with a big red sash across the front.

They all thought it would be a big gesture,to show we were all going to go forward,together and heal all the old wounds.

Lee took the idea to Heaney,and was flabberghasted at his outburst,and it was rejected without any further discussion.

The away kit is now blue.

Mr Heaney hated TISA,and everything they stood for.

Lee Hodges was talking to me,at the Race Night.

He told me,before the season started,management and players,had all agreed on a lovely new away kit.

It was all black,with a big red sash across the front.

They all thought it would be a big gesture,to show we were all going to go forward,together and heal all the old wounds.

Lee took the idea to Heaney,and was flabberghasted at his outburst,and it was rejected without any further discussion.

The away kit is now blue.

The away kit will be 'bring your own socks and shorts, bibs provided' at this rate...

Feel very sorry for all involved at Truro. Am I right in thinking the £50000 required is purely for the club to survive? Theres obviously then the small issue of players wages! Can't see many hanging around for zilch!

Big shame, but I can't see any other outcome than Truro being back to square 1