Cornwall Football Forum

Truro FC into administration

What assets do Truro City have left to pay off their debts?

Their ground has been sold to pay off Mr Heaney's loan. This was done with impeccable timing so an administrator couldn't get his hands on it.

Did that sale include all buildings and fixtures, such as those metal stands?

Truro have what assets? Clubhouse stock, kit and equipment, and possibly their name. To me everything else seems to have gone.

Anyone know the rules regarding administration. Does the gate money be used to pay running costs? Is it swallowed up by the administrator to pay debts? How does being in administration work?

What a mess Heaney has left Truro City in,

those on this forum who have been critical of Heany right from the begining, have been told in no uncertain terms that they were. people who hated Truro City,

But whatever one may say about these critics, they have been proven correct, whilst one could say that Keven Heaney did take the club forward, the truth is that through some of his dealings he has done Truro City & the supporters a lot of harm,

I have said it before & say it again the sooner the Truro Supporters get their club back the better,

& in the original Truro City colours the better,

I miss the old friendly battles between City & Falmouth.

Hammers :c::mellow: :c:

We learned a fair bit about administration last year.

I would guess that the reason for going into administration is to protect the club from being liquidated by HM Revenue & Customs or one of the other creditors.

First thing is I hope Truro don't get Brendan Guilfoyle.

The administrator's function is to get the best deal for the creditors. This will not necessarily be the best outcome for the club.

As Truro don't seem to own any assets their best bet will be to find someone willing to buy the club & pay off / take over the debts. The proverbial "sugar daddy".

If the administrator can't find a suitable purchaser then it could mean liquidation in which case the club would cease to exist and any "phoenix" club would start way down the pyramid. Darlington are the most recent example of this.

Good luck.

OMG! I wanted to be wrong, I really did! Conference rules demand that all creditors are paid 100% of monies owed. I shiver a bit when I recall seeing on this and other sites at some point that Truro City FC "owes £1.4 million to Kevin Heaney"!!!!! That makes him a creditor!!!!! So if that sum can be raised from the sale of the club, the little man goes away with a nice little compensation for the ruin he has brought to the club. I so hope that is wrong! Pity that Mr Weeb has hung onto Mr Heaney's coat-tails all along and couldn't see months ago that for the club to have a chance of survival it had to ditch Mr H. A few parochial die-hards will dance on Truro's grave, but surely most fans of football in Cornwall from whichever town or village will see this as a dark day for Cornish football.

I am sorry to say that I have been proved right, perhaps some of those who knocked 'The Judge' in the past, will now eat their words.

I have said all along, my sympathies lie with the original 50 or so fans, many of who did not want Heaney at the club in the first place. Others wanted to be convinced, the small majority were happy to have the debt supposedly paid off and hand over the assets so that they could walk away from their responsibilities.

The future of the club is now the major concern for those who have City in their hearts and those who love local football. The main problem is, where will City of Truro FC play ? who owns the ground, will the new club be allowed to use or rent Treyew Road before the bulldozers move in ? What guarantees did those who sold out in the first instance to Heaney put in place for the future of football in the town. Is their a covenant stating that the owners must provide a pitch or ground for the club to play on ?

City of Truro FC are possibly in a reasonable position to claim, that the new club is a continuation of football in the City to the FA, and be allowed to start at Step 7 where the current reserves play. Whatever guise the new club takes, please let the fans and/or TISA take the reigns to ensure that the club is run correctly and for the people of Truro.

No one, including me, likes to see a club go top the wall, I am after all, just a football supporter, my allegencies have nothing to do with any of my current or previous comments. I like to see fair play on and off the pitch, my attacks were mainly aimed at one man, and a few who jumped on the bandwagon who had no clue of what they were talking about.

I wish all those who remain with the new club all the very best, I'd suggest a home friendly (somewhere other than Treyew Rd) v Plymouth Argyle is arranged, the gate money would therefore not fall into the hands of those who might like to claim it to clear a debt. Perhaps a near neighbour would allow the use of their ground free of charge, City get the gate and raffle or 50/50 ticket money, the host gets a boost to bar takings.

City of Truro FC, all the best for the future from me and the old me.

Surely kev heaney is not all 2 blame here? They must have monthly committee meetings where staff vote?

I maybe wrong someone please answer

You are wrong. It seems to be common knowledge, even amidst the "away only" fans, that nothing happened without Kevin Heaney's approval. He interfered in the jobs of just about everyone who he gave any sort of role to at the club. He sacked Steve Massey/let him go/caused him to quit because Massey (experience: ex-pro, round the block a few times footballer) wouldn't train the then team how he, Heaney (experience: former season ticket holder at Spurs!), thought they should be trained. It was he who fell out with the supporters club, he who offended the volunteer stewards, he who caused at least two secretarys to resign, he who chose the grey third kit (!), he who got in caterers: from the gossip I've heard - and it is amazing what you hear by just standing with the hard-core fans - about the only thing he didn't do was run the club properly! Apparently. There was a "non-executive board of directors" who couldn't make any decision if Heaney didn't approve. The infrastructure of the club was, by all accounts, a farce.

Common Tatter if KH is owed money by Truro City FC, the administrator may do a deal to give the creditors 10p in the pound if lucky. If the majority of the creditors don't agree the club will be liquidated.

Argyle Fan as someone who knows Brendan Guilfoyle's son very well, I know Mr Guilfoyle to be a decent man who is at the top of his profession. He did his very best to keep Argyle in business. I said all along James Brent was the man to take over. The worst thing he did was believe KH had money to buy Argyle, which turned out to be untrue.

As a Argyle supporter myself I feel sorry for all the Truro City supporters and any creditors who may be affected by the club going into administration. I know what you are going through. Maybe now there will be some transparency.

I don't believe it where is it in the news? I want to actually see proof before I comment. A lot of You guys should lay off truro and consentrate on your own teams and stop stirring about the white tigers,

Saturday today so I'm off to watch as I'm out injured and I don't really want to see any more people slagging off Truro while I'm out of phone signal at Elburton. Happy birthday to Levi landricombe-class act :)

I don't believe it where is it in the news? I want to actually see proof before I comment. A lot of You guys should lay off truro and consentrate on your own teams and stop stirring about the white tigers,

Saturday today so I'm off to watch as I'm out injured and I don't really want to see any more people slagging off Truro while I'm out of phone signal at Elburton. Happy birthday to Levi landricombe-class act :)

It's been all over the papers and on BBC Spotlight,maybe you should pop out and buy a paper or turn your tv on before telling us "to lay off Truro",we're only commenting on the facts and what's really happening.

The only thing that anyone can do is wait until the Monday and take it from there.

I am sorry to say that I have been proved right, perhaps some of those who knocked 'The Judge' in the past, will now eat their words.

I have said all along, my sympathies lie with the original 50 or so fans, many of who did not want Heaney at the club in the first place. Others wanted to be convinced, the small majority were happy to have the debt supposedly paid off and hand over the assets so that they could walk away from their responsibilities.

The future of the club is now the major concern for those who have City in their hearts and those who love local football. The main problem is, where will City of Truro FC play ? who owns the ground, will the new club be allowed to use or rent Treyew Road before the bulldozers move in ? What guarantees did those who sold out in the first instance to Heaney put in place for the future of football in the town. Is their a covenant stating that the owners must provide a pitch or ground for the club to play on ?

City of Truro FC are possibly in a reasonable position to claim, that the new club is a continuation of football in the City to the FA, and be allowed to start at Step 7 where the current reserves play. Whatever guise the new club takes, please let the fans and/or TISA take the reigns to ensure that the club is run correctly and for the people of Truro.

No one, including me, likes to see a club go top the wall, I am after all, just a football supporter, my allegencies have nothing to do with any of my current or previous comments. I like to see fair play on and off the pitch, my attacks were mainly aimed at one man, and a few who jumped on the bandwagon who had no clue of what they were talking about.

I wish all those who remain with the new club all the very best, I'd suggest a home friendly (somewhere other than Treyew Rd) v Plymouth Argyle is arranged, the gate money would therefore not fall into the hands of those who might like to claim it to clear a debt. Perhaps a near neighbour would allow the use of their ground free of charge, City get the gate and raffle or 50/50 ticket money, the host gets a boost to bar takings.

Nemesis,Totally agree with everything you have said here.

I believe the covenant states that if development of the ground goes ahead the another pitch must be provided for any form of the club that might wish to play there.

The obvious/only sensible place would be Boscawen Park which would mean a current Trelawney league side would then be made homeless.

The other thing I would like to say is that when Falmouth went through their money troubles in the 80's and as a consequence had to leave the South Western League,we were forced to start again in the Combination League.

The same should happen to any form of a resurected Truro team,after all a precedent has clearly been set.

@CornwallSport: BREAKING - KATE BREEZE HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN APPOINTED AS TRURO CITY ADMINISTRATOR.

@CornwallSport: BREAKING - TRURO CITY FOOTBALL CLUB HAVE BEEN DEDUCTED TEN POINTS AS A RESULT OF ENTERING ADMINISTRATION, MS BREEZE CONFIRMS.

@CornwallSport: BREAKING - TRURO CITY WILL MOVE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE LEAGUE ON -2 POINTS AHEAD OF TONIGHT'S GAME WITH BASINGSTOKE, MS BREEZE SAYS.

The reason that Falmouth didn't get back in the SWL was nothing financial, simply that the old SWL had had enough of Falmouth at the time and didn't want to accept them in the league immediately. That forced the club to go to the CCL and get back in by winning it.

Hi Tom, and we were there getting them back. (AJ)

The reason that Falmouth didn't get back in the SWL was nothing financial, simply that the old SWL had had enough of Falmouth at the time and didn't want to accept them in the league immediately. That forced the club to go to the CCL and get back in by winning it.

Hi Tom, and we were there getting them back. (AJ)

Remember the season well. Unregistered player in 3/4 games!! CCFA over-ruled JCCL over points deduction ( the only time I can remember it happening) Won the league by one point. Might be wrong, but not by much!!!!!

It's been all over the papers and on BBC Spotlight,maybe you should pop out and buy a paper or turn your tv on before telling us "to lay off Truro",we're only commenting on the facts and what's really happening.

The only thing that anyone can do is wait until the Monday and take it from there.

Nemesis,Totally agree with everything you have said here.

I believe the covenant states that if development of the ground goes ahead the another pitch must be provided for any form of the club that might wish to play there.

The obvious/only sensible place would be Boscawen Park which would mean a current Trelawney league side would then be made homeless.

The other thing I would like to say is that when Falmouth went through their money troubles in the 80's and as a consequence had to leave the South Western League,we were forced to start again in the Combination League.

The same should happen to any form of a resurected Truro team,after all a precedent has clearly been set.

Money troubles in the 80s!!!!! one day from closing this year, nothings changed there then.

We should all feel sorry for the real Truro faithfull who have been badly treated by a mis-guided owner. This should also answer some of those critics of other lesser clubs who decided not to take that vast step up.

Well I'm glad my club did not take that vast step up to administration, happy being a "lesser" club.

So, is this the end for Truro City? What are the chances of them being able to keep playing in the Blue Square South, and playing at Treyew Road?

Absolutely zero!!!!!

Quite right. The club no longer owns the ground, that belongs to Jojo Investco which was obviously specifically set up by some legal associates of Kevin Heaney's or so it would appear, so TCFC are stuffed. Anyone who buys the club buys it without the stadium and carpark so would be completely at the mercy of Jojo with regard to the use of the ground. Perhaps if my conjecture is right, as he has always had the club "at heart" Mr Heaney will instruct his lawyers to make sure Jojo only charges 99p per year for the use of the ground until such a time as an alternative stadium to Conference standards can be built so that Treyew Road can then be developed. Meanwhile the First Team players and coaching staff will nearly all leave for paid employment elsewhere by the time a new buyer is found so he/she would have to start all over again as the team stays rooted to the bottom of the Conference South before relegation at the end of the season. That's if the club does go into liquidation first leaving Jojo with a patch of valuable development land that isn't used any more.

So, is this the end for Truro City? What are the chances of them being able to keep playing in the Blue Square South, and playing at Treyew Road?

Absolutely zero!!!!!

Quite right. The club no longer owns the ground, that belongs to Jojo Investco which was obviously specifically set up by some legal associates of Kevin Heaney's or so it would appear, so TCFC are stuffed. Anyone who buys the club buys it without the stadium and carpark so would be completely at the mercy of Jojo with regard to the use of the ground. Perhaps if my conjecture is right, as he has always had the club "at heart" Mr Heaney will instruct his lawyers to make sure Jojo only charges 99p per year for the use of the ground until such a time as an alternative stadium to Conference standards can be built so that Treyew Road can then be developed. Meanwhile the First Team players and coaching staff will nearly all leave for paid employment elsewhere by the time a new buyer is found so he/she would have to start all over again as the team stays rooted to the bottom of the Conference South before relegation at the end of the season. That's if the club does go into liquidation first leaving Jojo with a patch of valuable development land that isn't used any more.

The death knell for TCFC was signalled with the refusal for planning for the great white elephant that would have been the stadium for Cornwall. Now they have nowhere to go!! It will end when jojo want a return on their investment.

So and so's mate, helping a friend out, feeling poorly, bankrupt !!!! sounds like normal business practice to me, read it in the papers all the time, most recently its been the banks - those guardians of virtue.