10 Exmouth 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 1

11 Crediton 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

12 Galmpton 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

13 Appledore 1 0 0 1 0 1 -1 0

14 StokeG 1 0 0 1 0 1 -1 0

15 ExeterCS 1 0 0 1 0 2 -2 0

16 Sidmouth 1 0 0 1 1 4 -3 0

---------------------------------------------------------------

Foxhole 0, Helston 13 (Eddy 2, 69; Howlett 7; Goldsworthy 33, 41, 56, 73; Thirkle 34; D Stidwell 36, Young 75; OGs 65, 84, 88)

However not sure if one of the OGs was actually another for Goldsworthy - confirmation from the clubs would be helpful

Admittedly Helston are going to to take a lot to stop this season, and the front two of Goldsworthy and Eddy are going to score a lot of goals, nevertheless I'm afraid to say it but Foxhole were very poor.

But, you've still got to play the game and well done Helston - potential champions I would say with the attacking options they have.

Goldsworthy turning one in

Liam Eddy

Dobwalls 4 Holsworthy 3

Not a good performance from us today really but we'll take the 3 points with both hands which is what opening fixture is all about . . .

Forwards looked sharp with Hakey scoring 1st and then 2 from Joe Knight. Game should have been over then 3-1 up with 25 to go but Holsworthy worked hard and seem like a spirited bunch and never gave in.

Their right back scored 2 worldies - the first from 35 yards with bend into the top corner. Think he's called Mike Cornew . . . . .take a bow son !!

Game ended 4-3 with Dan Lawrence scoring the winner with simple tap in.

Bit of defensive work needed but a win's, a win's, a win !! Look forward to Foxhole tuesday night.

Blakey.

Look forward to Foxhole tuesday night.

I bet after their result today! :)

Sure they would have had their backsides kicked Dave so there's sure to be a response or reaction . . . . Especially 1st 25 minutes.

But they'll probably treat it as a new game with a clear slate and a new opportunity to put 1 or 3 points on the table!!?

We will respect that and work hard to beat what's put in front of us.

Blakey

Just got home..... couple of drinks on the train.... happy days.....

Penzance 0 v 4 Elburton Villa

Villa Scorers: Levi Landricombe, Sam Stevens, Mike Landricombe, Ray Spear

H/T: 0-1

Tommy Matthews managing Penzance today and gave the team needed encouragement and organisation...... a great competative game and we wish Penzance all the best for the future...... great to hear encouragment throughout the game from the Penzance faithful in the stands..... today I would say is the start of their season.

Full credit to Tommy Matthews for stepping in to help Penzance when they are clearly struggling quite badly at the moment. There are a lot of managers out there who won't go near a club unless it has got top money to spend and are amongst the favourites to win trophies. Stepping in at a club when they are struggling to try and help turn things around against the odds is a different matter. Full credit to Tommy for lending his experience to help out a club in their hour of need, it makes a refreshing change to see.

Falmouth Tavistock,

Very poor showing by Falmouth I fear they will have to greatly improve to get a good position in the League,

The first half was very even both sides playing attacking Football,

Tavistock were a very organised side somtimes a bit hard on the tackles,

But what was so disapointing was that in the seconed Half Falmouth did not come out to play they hardly got into Tavistocks Half & one could see that although Tavy were behind 2-1 it soon became clear that it was only a matter of time before they scored, in fact the final score of 4-3 to Tavy could have been much higher.

Falmouth's Defence was all over the place,

I know that it takes time for new players to settle in, but Falmouth's performance was very painful to watch at times,

I am also aware that you can only play with what you can afford when Finance is tight,

but I am sure that Alan Carey will do his best with what he has,

Hammers, :c::( :( :c:

could agree with derek martyn more.tommy mathews will do a good job if he gets the support he needs.top man i know him well.penzance are a well respected club with a great tradition.its a pity they didn,t get the support of the players they have had in the last few seasons.i wish them the best of luck in the future the deserve better times.

Falmouth Tavistock,

Very poor showing by Falmouth I fear they will have to greatly improve to get a good position in the League,

The first half was very even both sides playing attacking Football,

Tavistock were a very organised side somtimes a bit hard on the tackles,

But what was so disapointing was that in the seconed Half Falmouth did not come out to play they hardly got into Tavistocks Half & one could see that although Tavy were behind 2-1 it soon became clear that it was only a matter of time before they scored, in fact the final score of 4-3 to Tavy could have been much higher.

Falmouth's Defence was all over the place,

I know that it takes time for new players to settle in, but Falmouth's performance was very painful to watch at times,

I am also aware that you can only play with what you can afford when Finance is tight,

but I am sure that Alan Carey will do his best with what he has,

Hammers, :c::( :( :c:

Well he can always blame the referee, thats the normal line taken. Finance is certainly tight to non existant. We made a conscious decision to target local talent, YEH!!! Empty vessel now not unlike Truro , just on a smaller scale, staring into the abyss methinks.

Sell up or die.

Thanks for the compliments and encouraging words. Just to confirm though that Tommy is not managing at Penzance - he is only able to offer assistance for a short while but we have already benefited greatly from his help and advice. We are still actively seeking a manager, as well as a few additional experienced players.

Whilst we as supporters of our relative clubs, would urge the manager/managers to go out and sign the best available players, we must all be realistic and think of the simple ecomonics of the "beast"

I have no desire to know how much clubs have as a "players budget", but I am sure many clubs are really struggling to fund it.

When the prize money is taken into consideration for the league and local cups, is it worth putting the existence of the club at risk?

As Stuart states, when finance is tight, you can only play with what you can afford. Management and coaching skills are really tested when you have little or no money.

It is good to see the good people of West Cornwall "rallying around" at Penzance, as no true football supporter wishes to see a club go out of existence.

One has to ask the question, how many more clubs are close to being in the same position as Penzance. If they are, ask for help before matters get too serious. Supporters feel passionate about their football club and usually rally around, as seen by Penzance supporters.

The secretary of one club once told me that they had spent on players budgets that year - £52,000

They were in all competitions and did well, winning £35,000 that year. Of course they are now in the doldrums with every-one else and struggling with poor crowds and no income. Welcome to the crazy world that is Cornish football, and some are still trying to do it.

No disrespect to Ivybridge but they didn't look a good side on Saturday. If not for their keeper during the first half it would of been more of a hiding. They did bring on a young lad in the second half who looked good though.

Witheridge is always a tough place to get a result at though .

Dobwalls 4 Holsworthy 3

Not a good performance from us today really but we'll take the 3 points with both hands which is what opening fixture is all about . . .

Forwards looked sharp with Hakey scoring 1st and then 2 from Joe Knight. Game should have been over then 3-1 up with 25 to go but Holsworthy worked hard and seem like a spirited bunch and never gave in.

Their right back scored 2 worldies - the first from 35 yards with bend into the top corner. Think he's called Mike Cornew . . . . .take a bow son !!

Game ended 4-3 with Dan Lawrence scoring the winner with simple tap in.

Bit of defensive work needed but a win's, a win's, a win !! Look forward to Foxhole tuesday night.

Blakey.

Dobwalls could have ended up drawing or losing the game, they looked comfortable until they took off a forward and brought on an extra midfielder.

Dobwalls dropped deeper which invite Holsworthy to attack which they did, everytime the ball was cleared it came straight back because there were not any players apart from Joe Knight outside of their own third of the pitch.

The 2nd wonder strike from Mike Cornew certainly gave the home supporters a nail biting ten minutes at the end of the game.

But a win is what counts and with a few regulars to come back into the frame things look good at Lantoom Park.

Having just read the report on the ivybridge game,it doesnt sound like the performance quite deserved the scoreline as ivybridge hit the woodwork 3 times first half at 0-0 and had a defender sent off at 2-0 although teams in this league should not capitulate like that.i will try to see for myself on friday night against elburton,will be another tough game for ivybridge.

No disrespect to Ivybridge but they didn't look a good side on Saturday. If not for their keeper during the first half it would of been more of a hiding. They did bring on a young lad in the second half who looked good though.

Having just read the report on the ivybridge game,it doesnt sound like the performance quite deserved the scoreline as ivybridge hit the woodwork 3 times first half at 0-0 and had a defender sent off at 2-0 although teams in this league should not capitulate like that.i will try to see for myself on friday night against elburton,will be another tough game for ivybridge.

Wasn't at the game, BUT, why don't members actually report the on the whole game and not just the parts that they like! Player sent off, hitting the wood work 3 times, both keepers having to make other saves, sounded like it was good game.

Teams in the PL league shouldn't capitulate, think it slightly different in this league.