Cornwall Football Forum

Junior Cup 2nd Round Results 31/10/09

West

Storm 2-2 Constantine (aet)

Amazing game for the neutral with the away team taking the lead. Storm levelled and then took the lead in the 2nd half. Tine equalised with 10mins to go.

Extra time and both teams had plenty of chances with either team looking likely to grab a winner. Storm missed a sitter followed by tine missing a penalty with 2 mins left!

Fair result on the day. Well done to both teams!!!!!!!! Storm keeper Pete Willis was outstanding standing in for the injured keeper. Playing like that he should earn the position for himself.

West

Camborne School of Mines 4 - 5 Trispen (AET)

CSM goalscorers Jimbo Williams x 2, James Batchelor and Gavin Embley

CSM came from 3 - 0 down after a sloppy first half performance to make the game 3-3 and take it in to extra time. Trispen in the first half of ET scored twice the second an extremely fortunate goal following a great save by stand in keeper Rob Evans the ball rebounded and was cleared against the unlucky keeper. CSM struck back in the second half of ET to make it 4-5 and continued to hammer away having several chances to equalise again just scrapping the post. A draw and replay would have been a fair result as Trispen dominated the first 60 minutes and CSM the next second 60 but oh well. Well done to Trispen and good luck in the next round.

Goonhavern mining 1( 0-2) Titans mining 2

solid performance from us today exactly one league between us both third at start of play. scored early with some neat football before a far post header from peter barnes put us in front after about five minutes. Missed some more half chances before and after halftime and scored with around two minutes to go from a good finish from adam brown. never felt in any trouble throughout call it ignorance but i felt today we played great football on good pitch & got our just desserts. thanks to goonhavern & after match food, really nice people as always. always first to run a ref down with no need for introduction, have to say today the ref was unbelievably top drawer & goonhaverns lino was spot on. :thumbsup:

Guest mikey catterall

good game vs robartes! the saints go marching on!!

not many would have put home win on that one today after ROBARTES were setting the early pace in mining division one!!

ONCE A SAINT ALWAYS A SAINT!!!

no trumpet blowing from miky catterall today!!!

lol i can take the result on the chin it was a close game but u failed to mention that u droped a catch and fell over on to me as i put the ball into the net witch somehow the ref gave as a foul both ur centre backs said that the goal should of counted <_< i wish u and st day the best for the season and the next round :thumbsup:

Well done Trispen!!! Great result with 5 out today!! Even Mike came out of retirement to notch the winner apparantly!!! :thumbsup: Heard SOM were no mugs either so great win lads :clapper: Cant believe Perran lost! :o Thought they would win it to be honest.Halestown must be team of the day! Some shock results. Better go back to my deathbed and watch x factor with the mrs to get me brownie points for match of the day!!! :lol:

Junior Cup Eastern Section

Tywardreath RBL 3 - 1 St Cleer (AET)

Great game, very physical and some attractive football played by both sides who both had their moments in the game. Tywardreath went in at half time with a 1-0 lead. The visitors came back into it well and grabbed an equaliser in the second half. From then on the extra time looked inevitable. Lovely worked 2nd goal for Tywardreath in the first period for 2-1. Then a late 3rd to seal a great victory over their higher league opponents.

Scorers for RBL:- James Ward, Martyn Jones and Dave Westaway.

Home draw in the next round please!!

:drink: :drink:

(WEST) Gwinear 2 - 1 Cury Very good match both sides had chances. Gwinear put there chance away and held firm till the end. Good Luck in next round :c: I need few whiskey to recover :drink:

yeah was a close thought game.I think we just deserved the win. and we all need a few drinks to recover!!! good bunch, who stayed for a few drinks and food,good luck for rest of season :drink::drink: :drink:

(WEST) PRAZE 2 - 3 ST BURYAN

St Buryan edged through to the next round against a really decent Praze side. Praze deservedly took the lead after 20 mins only for buryan to hit back with a fortunate penalty 5 mins later. The visitors then went in front after a good spell of pressure, Kirby nodding in from a corner.Praze kept plugging away and got their reward 5 mins from the break Morley getting his second.End to end stuff in the 2nd half could of gone either way but Gavin Edwards showed good strength to fire home with 30 mins to go,Praze pressed and caused us to defend very deep but the back 4 held firm,We had chances to finish the game off which we didn't take nervy last 10 mins . All in all good cup tie

Failed to mention as it's irrelevant! Goals win games and trumpet boy didn't get any

exactly patch

record books dont say lost one nil but had one disallowed, there was the one where ur lino flagged and said sorry and put his flag down as the guy who ran through was miles onside!! so id say we are even trumpet boy!!

loved those lime green boots u had mikey!

Failed to mention as it's irrelevant! Goals win games and trumpet boy didn't get any

hahaha love it patch! was he giving it the old billy big balls trumpet playing when he thought there was only a couple of mins left??...........

did he not know greg and sir charles had the secrect weapon of smudge on the bench!!??

Goonhavern mining 1( 0-2) Titans mining 2

solid performance from us today exactly one league between us both third at start of play. scored early with some neat football before a far post header from peter barnes put us in front after about five minutes. Missed some more half chances before and after halftime and scored with around two minutes to go from a good finish from adam brown. never felt in any trouble throughout call it ignorance but i felt today we played great football on good pitch & got our just desserts. thanks to goonhavern & after match food, really nice people as always. always first to run a ref down with no need for introduction, have to say today the ref was unbelievably top drawer & goonhaverns lino was spot on. :thumbsup:

Managed to watch the 2nd half because of work commitments...but what I did see...made me very impressed by the orginisation and work rate that the Titans put in....I don't think anyone connected with Goonhavern had no complaints about the result....good luck to the Titans in the next round....I think they still may spring a few surprises yet!!

West

Amazing game for the neutral with the away team taking the lead. Storm levelled and then took the lead in the 2nd half. Tine equalised with 10mins to go.

Extra time and both teams had plenty of chances with either team looking likely to grab a winner. Storm missed a sitter followed by tine missing a penalty with 2 mins left!

Fair result on the day. Well done to both teams!!!!!!!! Storm keeper Pete Willis was outstanding standing in for the injured keeper. Playing like that he should earn the position for himself.

heard someone did well! pocketing all the cash available from away team changing room

Guest mikey catterall

exactly patch

record books dont say lost one nil but had one disallowed, there was the one where ur lino flagged and said sorry and put his flag down as the guy who ran through was miles onside!! so id say we are even trumpet boy!!

loved those lime green boots u had mikey!

patch i agree mate i just thought the goal should of stood but thats life the reason we lost wasnt down to the ref i thought st day played very well and when the final whistle went i shaked hands with there keeper and told him he played well im a nice lad really lol like i said before there are better strikers in junior football then me my words on this forum last season may have come across as arrogant but this year im concentrating on playing and not talking i hope both mawnan and st day do well this season in leauge and cup i know people are going to argue on this forum but to be honest guys whats the point its only a game and it dosent pay the bills.

oh and the green boots were bought as a present so it would be rude not to wear them :lol: take care lads goodluck in the next round to both of u :thumbsup:

would just like to agree with marksy i thought our referee today was top draw. take a bow paul murphy. :c: was really proud of the squad today as we had 5 subs who could have played but had to watch and excepted the fact as until our second goal deep into time added on we could not finish the game off.

i think on the day we deserved our win especially as we had a young team under 26 if you take out wayne and jago. good luck to goonhavern for the rest of the season.game was played in good spirit,hard but fair. :drink:

West

i echo fatso comments pete willis kept us in this game today both teams where amazed at some of the saves he made on the day i can count at least seven outstanding ones and i think his performance at shot stopping put their penalty taker off at the end so thanks pete superb performance. Also as fatso said the game was end to end with chances going abegging with saves, defensive blocks, the woodwork and numerous other things going on to make this an entertaining game for the neutral. Great debut from Wayne too a tower of strength in midfield just wish i hadn't brought him off but you live and die with your decisions as a manager. Anyway next week will be difficult down at constantine i wish the players and supporters the very best as all where lovely people.

West

very good game both storm and tine could of won game, with tine going ahead then storm coming back to go ahead, storm looked comfortable to take the game, until an equalizer by david thompson on his debut for him to then miss a penalty in last 2 mins. should be cracking replay next saturday.

North Petherwin 2 - 3 Premier Sixes HT 0-1

P6 went through to round three after putting in their poorest performance of the season as they were lucky not to be taken to extra-time by North Petherwin. P6 never got going with only 5 players putting in any sort of performance, winger Neil Currah was also missing and the reshaped team seemed to lack alot of balance. North Petherwin got their tactics just right and stifled P6 in the first half. P6 had chances but neither Parsonage or Probert were at the races. P6 took the lead when centre half Al Titterington somehow found himself on the edge of the Petherwin area as he looped home a left footed scissor kick into the top corner. 1-0 half-time. P6 were read the riot act at half-time. There seemed to be an immediate response of sorts when Karl Olanders weak 25 yard effort rolled under the keeper for 2-0 at the start of the second half. Most of the P6 team seemed to think that the tie was then over. Petherwin pulled one back with about 30 to go when the big man in the middle was left un marked and he rolled the ball home unchallenged from a long throw in. Petherwin were now in the ascendency, P6 were a shambles. Petherwin then got there equaliser through a penalty after Tony **** bundled Petherwins sub striker over. The big man then stepped up and sent Prento the wrong way. 2-2 with 20 to go. The game was pretty even after this with both teams having half chances to win the game. The winner was pure heartbreak for North Petherwin as P6 skipper Rob Black fired over a 40 yard cross which he mishit and it flew in over the despairing efforts of the keeper. P6 managed to shut up shop to then book a place in the last 16. At the end of the match all the players exchanged hand shakes before the entire P6 team were sat down and again read the riot act in a manner not too unsimiliar to Phil Brown and Hull City.

Well played North Petherwin, by far the best team we have played this season and what a great set up you guys have up there. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Western section.

Holywell and Cubert ( Duchy 2 ) 5 .v. Trevenson Utd. ( Mining 1 ) 3.

Bit of a strange draw playing a side from the eastern area up at Penhale training camp. First 20 minutes or so was scrappy as both sides felt each other out but then Trevenson started dominating and had numerous attacks that were foiled. We scored first when Luke Letcher hit a free kick from deep in our half that was flicked on by Carl Stretton for Andrew 'mushy' Symons to crack in a volley. We went in half time 2 up and cruising after another from mushy finishing well into the corner. Both sides made formation changes coming out for the second half and H and C's were more effective with them clearly more comfortable playing down the slope. Their 1st came from our poor marking with their player jumping well but having a free header coming in on the far post. This goal gave them extra wind as they started dominating in the middle of the park and attacking at will and a decent ball across the box was finished with authority. 2-2 and into extra time! We took the lead in the first period Reece Prout getting in front of his marker to hit home but were pegged back again almost straight after when H and C broke our offside and had all the time to slot past Mark Kavanagh in goal who had stepped in just before extra time to replace the injured Lee Carne. 2nd period of extra time and again H and C attacking down the slope but there was space all over the pitch as both sides tired. It was pretty much end to end but H and C got the killer 4th to take the lead for the 1st time and with time running out we conceded again.

All credit to Holywell and Cubert who are a well organised side with some tidy players and we wish them all the best in the next round.

West

heard someone did well! pocketing all the cash available from away team changing room

changing rooms should looked and secured by the home team, to stop any body entering changing rooms whilst games are in progress. this was a shocking thing to happen and storm should feel very unhappy that someone would do this. :(

It was a bad thing that happened at Storm with someone by the sounds of it entering the premises from the lane behind the changing rooms, however in our defence we have A3 signs on both changing room doors warning about not leaving valuables in the changing rooms due to them not being locked. The only lockable door is the main one which means there would be no access to the toilets or medical room.

When asked if the changing rooms were lockable before kick off we again mentioned that they weren't and that valuables should not be left in the changing rooms.

It is a horrible thing to have happened as by the description given by your witness it looks like it was a teenage youth from outside of both clubs who has done this by jumping the wall from behind the changing room.

Of course we are upset this has happened and have apologised to both the player in question and your management, we are now looking at getting new locks fitted as we want to prevent this happening in the future.

Guest chismuss

West - St Newlyn East 3, Pendeen Rovers 2

Don't suppose anyone at the game can comment on here about it. Just a three liner as to what they thought about the match.

Thanks

Good match, hard fought. Pendeen scored 5 minutes in and although Newlyn had the better of the play in the first half they couldn't get the final ball. 'keeper made superb goalline clearance to prevent a second.

Second half Pendeen Manager sent off (apparrantly not deserved), Newlyn pen and free kick to gain lead. Pendeen lose discipline but equalise with 5 left. Pen awarded to Newlyn (handball) with seconds left. Score. Cue many cards (4 red? :SM_carton::SM_carton::SM_carton::SM_carton: ) after the whistle and Pendeen v unhappy with decisions made.

All sins forgotten back at the pub after - Good luck to Pendeen for the rest of the season. :c:

Good tough game for both sides, Thats both FHFL leaders beaten by Newlyn now - COME ON YOU SAINTS! :yahoo:

Yep, Pendeen had 4 sent off right after the final whistle, as they all surrounded the ref. Their manager was also sent off during the match.

Was a close game, pendeen had few chances first half but newlyn just couldnt score.

Second half was more open for both sides, pendeens striker had a couple one on ones which he missed and liam dent hit a first time shot on the turn onto the post.

Guest Pedro100

(East)

St Minver (Duchy 3) 0 - 1 Boscastle (Duchy 1)

You wouldn't have known St Minver were a few leagues below Boscastle. It was a well contested game but was totally dominated by St Minver. The home team just couldn't take their chances. The first half was played pretty much in the visitors half and the 2nd half much the same apart from a last minute own goal by St Minver which Boscastle scored from a scrapper corner. Game was well refereed with the ref keeping up with play and being in the right positions to see everything. A gutting result for Minver but wish a lucky Boscastle all the best for the next round.

Red Army Marches On

Junior Cup 2nd Round (West)

Threemilestone 2 Carharrack 5

Falmouth Helston Division Two side Carharrack advanced into the third round of the Junior Cup after beating Mining League One outfit Threemilestone. Carharrack striker Liam Bray opened the proceedings after only 2 minutes when a one on one with the home keeper ended up in the back of the net. The visitors dominated the first quarter but Threemilestone fought back and controlled the second quarter much to Carharrack’s frustration. The pressure paid off and just before the interval the home equalised after the Carharrack defence failed to clear a corner ball. However, the celebrations were short lived when just before the break Carharrack winger Dan Ellis superbly crossed the ball into the box which was unfortunately headed into the goal by a dismayed home defender. Commencing the second half, Carharrack attacked and dominated play, scoring again through midfielder Stuart Smeeth with a well placed header. Threemilestone changed formation leaving them vulnerable at the back, sensing their desperation Carharrack pushed forward and soon extended their lead through Bray. Threemilestone captain Glen Patterson rallied his men to fight for the ball but this call was to no avail when Carharrack finished off the game when forward Jason Farnsworth dribbled the ball past many players before hitting the target. In the dying moments of the game Threemilestone scored a consolation goal but it came too little too late.

Good luck to Threemilestone for the rest of the season.

st.newlyn east 3 pendeen 2. some very dubious decisions made both during and after the game. pendeen manager sent off in second half,for voiceing his opinions,didnt use any bad lanugage.3 players sent off after game,for much the same thing. pendeen had plenty of chances,5 one on ones which they failed to convert. st. newlyn had 2 pens and a indirect freekick which flew straight in .no hard feelings towards st. newlyn they took what was given too them. made us welcome back at their watering hole. wish them well for next rd,and for rest of the season.