Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City v Newquay AFC

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Hoping that the Treyew Road pitch can handle the amount of rain currently hammering down, if anyone has any news can they please post it here. A lot of Newquay fans are leaving at 6.00pm and would like to know if it is worth setting off.

Sun breaking out and Rainbow over the bay, hope Truro is getting the sun too !

Update, Blue skys over the bay and looking back it is clear to the south, hope the pitch will be playable.

Sun has just shone for the first time today (Threemilestone) and the pitch has been fairly hard recently. I will predict, knowing the pitch, a very skiddy top surface but I still think that a stud would struggle to go into the ground.

No news about the game our end, so this time around, no news is good news I can only assume!!

Sun is gone again, now back, not raining though and looks very bright on the horizon!!

A quote from the almighty 'judge' a couple weeks ago.. "can anyone really see beyond newquay or perranporth winning the league this year?". Little reality check for you tonight judge, and after that result i can definately see beyond someone else winning the league besides newquay and perran. Heard a few reports now that newquay arent wat they are all bigged up to be...

Truro played really well tonight against a understrengh Newquay side containing no less than 6 changes from their last game due to injury ,suspemsions and holidays,I must say that Truro were greatly assisted by 2 officials who looked like they were just out of primary school ,they were shocking ,not just for newquay but both sides ,God help us if this is the standard we are going to have officiating this season,

The older referee assistant was fine except for failing to see a push in the first half that should have resulted in a Newquay penalty

players out for Newquay Shaun Middletom,Sam Mckewan,Luke Rigby,Jof Bunt,Jake Hartigan and the centre half whose name escapes me.

Just got back, great first half end to end, perhaps Truro shaded it very slightly with it 2 all at the break. Second half was all Truro, much hungrier for the ball and took their chances well. Ironically, Luke in the Newquay goal made some great saves.

If there is going to be an excuse then its the missing players, no Shaun Middleton, Sam Mckune, Dave Venn, Jake Hartigan, Luke Rigby, Joff Bunt, Sam Hunter, all first team players that were unfortunately sorely missed. When I heard the Truro team being read out it seemed like a very strong team, and Liam Eddy showed why he is so highly rated (too good for this level), same for Karl Baker when he came on, there was no stopping him.

Im just gonna have to get my lad to kick Flackys and Josh Sims' ankles a bit when they come into his school to do the coaching :P

:yahoo:

im gutted . was gonna go and see that one, but had a meeting . well done truro!

has any one got any footage of the goals?.

or did the battery run out.... :thumbsup::yahoo::clapper:

I got one of their goals plus the two Newquay goals, tbh I had pretty much not bothered with the second half when I saw how it was going ;)

Newquay missing a 4 regular starters gave way to some of the fringe players for thier chance to stake a claim in the starting 11. The team on the pitch was good enough to get a result tonight but too many players didn't perform. Truro worked hard and played some good football and ran out worthy winners. They gifted newquay their first goal and could have scored a few more if it wasnt for some good goal keeping for Payne.

A few newquay players need to look at the performance tonight and be realisitic with their performance. Well done truro who looked good but newquay need to step up thier game for saturday.

Players missing from newquay: Middleton, Hartigan, Mckune, Rigby, Bunt and Sam Hunter (with Aaron Bicknell still injured)

Middleton, McKune, Hartigan all suspended, Bunt, Rigby and Sam Hunter all on holiday + Dave Venn unavailable. A Host of Combo players drafted in and even a Duchy 4 lad made his debut as a sub. Truro were aided and abetted by all 3 officials especially when Newquay ventured into the home half. 2-2 at half time against 14 men wasn't too bad at all.

Second half saw Truro take the lead when a forward was so far offside he could have sent a postcard. Truro did have 3 or 4 good players but this was not the real Newquay. Once again, Treyew Road was awash with Peppermints fans, couldn't have been anymore than 20 Truro fans, almost silence when they scored says it all.

A bad night and one to erase from the memory quickly as we have a home match v Porthleven to worry about now. It will still be Newquay and Perranporth at the end of the season, as long as we don't have those officials anywhere near a Newquay match again.

Final excuse for all you Judge knockers, we lost because there was a Y in the day.

As one of your fans admitted the ref was awful for both sides, but it's not about the ref no matter how good or bad. Scotty Palmer even admitted pushing me for your second one.

I had an absolute mare tonight, as the first goal showed (Maybe don't put that one online.......) and it showed how, in my opinion, Truro were on top as I don't think I would have been able to catch swine flu tonight.

Great game for the neutral in my opinion, and good luck for the rest of the season. Definately a very good footballing side, just wasn't your day.

As one of your fans admitted the ref was awful for both sides, but it's not about the ref no matter how good or bad. Scotty Palmer even admitted pushing me for your second one.

I had an absolute mare tonight, as the first goal showed (Maybe don't put that one online.......) and it showed how, in my opinion, Truro were on top as I don't think I would have been able to catch swine flu tonight.

Great game for the neutral in my opinion, and good luck for the rest of the season. Definately a very good footballing side, just wasn't your day.

im assuming the weather couldnt have helped any keeper in cornwall tonight!!

A very generous post (for you)Jason!!

Truro played well tonight and newquay just weren't good enough. I can see truro beating a few good teams with performances like that. Well done. Hopefully newquay will pick themselves up for sat, another tough game. At least it will give the give the players a chance to put things right again. A good team tonight which just didn't perform. Hopefully the players will take something from the game and learn. 3pts sat and back up there.

Cheers

Strength in depth could be the key to the title this year. Its all about a good squad for when injuries and suspensions come up!!! Maybe that will tell come 1st of May when the season ends!?!?!

Cracking result from a good Truro side!!! Well done :thumbsup:

P.S - I agree that it would of been hard for any keeper to perform well in such conditions, so don't knock yourself Jasa.

Jasa, if you are gonna drop the ball in at least you had the good sense to do it on a night when your team scored 6 ;)

[/quoteWhen I heard the Truro team being read out it seemed like a very strong team,

pretty much the same starting line up as sat except rowe in for dirrane and sims in for grant and city lost 1-0 to callington

You know what, I was chatting to a mate of mine who is a Truro fan and I was saying that I cant work out why Truro dont do better overall. We always seem to struggle against them yet they are not really there at the business end. They played good football tonight and along with the game at the back end of last season, more than deserved both games. One of lifes mysteries or perhaps this season they will be in the top pack?

Middleton, McKune, Hartigan all suspended, Bunt, Rigby and Sam Hunter all on holiday + Dave Venn unavailable. A Host of Combo players drafted in and even a Duchy 4 lad made his debut as a sub. Truro were aided and abetted by all 3 officials especially when Newquay ventured into the home half. 2-2 at half time against 14 men wasn't too bad at all.

Second half saw Truro take the lead when a forward was so far offside he could have sent a postcard. Truro did have 3 or 4 good players but this was not the real Newquay. Once again, Treyew Road was awash with Peppermints fans, couldn't have been anymore than 20 Truro fans, almost silence when they scored says it all.

A bad night and one to erase from the memory quickly as we have a home match v Porthleven to worry about now. It will still be Newquay and Perranporth at the end of the season, as long as we don't have those officials anywhere near a Newquay match again.

Final excuse for all you Judge knockers, we lost because there was a Y in the day.

Always a sore loser. :SM_carton::SM_carton::SM_carton:

I now understand why they played "Always look on the bright side of life" over the tannoy as you sloped off after the game finished.

Newquay can't deal with Hayle and Pace(City).

We could have got our excuses in early as we all knew of the missing players but when you are up against 14 men, what chance did we have ?

Take 7 first team players out of your Sickly Drink League side and add three awful officials, you'd soon be moaning too. Looking forward to the return match at Mount Wise already, hopefully you will bring as many fans as Newquay had at Treyew Road, we are the ones that need the money :P

Oh and we beat Hayle 4-2 away with a full strength side.

Excuses v Truro, no mention of a weakened side against Perranporth.

I was referring to the CHEATING 6-6 v Hayle at the END of last season.

Newquay may have their SELF APPOINTED JUDGE but match officials have to EARN their titles,

after passing the referees courses they are also assessed, perhaps supporters should read up

on the rules and stop criticising trained experts whilst ignorant of the rules themselves.

Great performance v Perranporth with a full strength side, don't really see your point Mountaineer.

I'm not the only one who thinks the officials were awful, Bazzer has made his point and I was surrounded by Newquay fans who all berated them whenever they cocked up, those issues alone caused more noise than Truro are used to even on a £10 day.

Truro deserved to win in the end but don't get excited about winning with 14 men, have the guts to admit that the officials made some decisions which were clearly in Truros favour especially in the first half. The lino on our side of the ground in the 2nd half was just poor, the 3rd goal was offside, some Truro fans were laughing when it was given.

After that, Truro took their chances and all credit to them... we will see who is above who at the end of the season and I will have several drinks on it that the team in Red will be higher than Truro. You did the double over us last season, we did the double over Penzance, funny old game !

Just for the record, the nickname 'The Judge' was given to me many years before I arrived in wonderful Cornwall.

Newquay may have their SELF APPOINTED JUDGE but match officials have to EARN their titles,

after passing the referees courses they are also assessed, perhaps supporters should read up

on the rules and stop criticising trained experts whilst ignorant of the rules themselves.

A lot of teams blame the officials when they lose, gets right on my . The ref and the lineos, if they are , are going to be the same for both teams, i don't think some people relise that :glare: :D

Sorry Anita but that is clearly nonsense. Some days officials just get things wrong, these guys were obviously not up to your very high standard. Far too many decisions were just so wrong even when Newquay were ahead, so not sour grapes. If the Ref had been evenly bad, then we would not be moaning so much.

But as I have said, it was not all the officials fault, Newquay had players out and Truro were the better side in the 2nd half. Porthleven at home next.

I dont think the ref was as bad as is being made out but there were two things I noticed.

Firstly a couple of shoulder charges were given which IMO shouldnt have been as they were literally shoulder to shoulder although I will admit that the ref did let a few go after the crowd started moaning. For instance Liam Eddy shoulder charged a Newquay defender into touch in the first half which caused a few moans bearing in mind what had gone on previously, however it was good strength from Eddy. In the second half Eddy was shoulder charged and dumped on the floor which the ref also let go despite the player moaning at the linesman about it.

Secondly the ref was a little finicky in play being restarted from near on exactly the same spot as anything happened. Too be fair thats the laws of the game however it does tend to stop/start things a little too much and a certain amount of discretion could have been given.

The ref is only a young lad and I saw him have a good game at Perranporth on Monday so Im sure he is learning through experience all the time and will be one who rises through the levels quite quickly.

And lets be honest even if we had Colina in the middle tonight Newquay wouldnt have won the game.

"Middleton, McKune, Hartigan all suspended, Bunt, Rigby and Sam Hunter all on holiday + Dave Venn unavailable. A Host of Combo players drafted in and even a Duchy 4 lad made his debut as a sub. Truro were aided and abetted by all 3 officials especially when Newquay ventured into the home half. 2-2 at half time against 14 men wasn't too bad at all.

Final excuse for all you Judge knockers, we lost because there was a Y in the day."

That is some awesome blubbing there.

Grow a pair and take it like a man next time.

CITY 6 NEWQUAY 2

BAD OFFICALS FOR BOTH SIDES

JUDGE JUST ACCEPT DEFEAT YOUR EXCUSES ARE BECOMING BORING . had enough to say when city lost 3.2 to bad reffing . goes round comes round on the night you just didnt cut it and even jasa said he had a nightmare night to win you take the chances your given you lost and boy am i over the moon about that . you had 6 players down yet still fielded a full team bit of a insult to your players that played in my book . you saying thier not good enough ?

all this talk about Newquay and Peranporth winning the league this season, you want to see Plymstock and Vospers play this season, i will tell you now these two sides are the dark horses. both sides have a new team from last season, Vospers signed all of Saltash Utd Res team and Plymstock have the best youngsters in the plymouth area..........watch this space :D :thumbsup:

Forget Truro, Newquay and Perranporth, Penzance are top of the Premier division after Bodmin beat Witheridge last night.

http://www.swpleague.co.uk/Premier_/Table

Didn't think I'd see that this season.

Penzance won the Div ! West last season losing a few games in the process so Truro beating Newquay isn't the end of the world.

Why blame the officials, if poor then they are poor for both teams. Teams send in reports so if they are consistantley poor something will be done.

No-one has mentioned the crowd figure for last night. Many "Newquay Loyal" there?

I must congratulate Truro on an outstanding performance, they totally deserved the win and in truth if it wasn't for a very good performance from Luke Payne in goal, the host team could have scored double figures. Grant is absolutely right, the team that Newquay put on the field was more than capable of getting a good result but individual mistakes cost us dearly. That is not taking anything away from the Truro forwards and midfield players who took their goals exceptionally well. I will never criticise the officials for any result whether we win, lose or draw. They desreve respect and I will give it to them always. We are all capable of mistakes and I am concerned with the mistakes that our players made and will try now to make sure they do not happen in our next game. Last season when we lost we always bounced back and I am confident we will do so again. It will be an opportunity for players to make a mark in the first team starting line up as those same players who missed last nights game are unavailable for Saturday's game against a Porthleven side that has made a great start to the season. Robin and Steve continue to do a great job with the youngsters at Truro and the whole team plays with confidence and pace and will upset many teams in the League this season. Josh Sims was rightly given the man of the match award as he was outstanding on the night.

all this talk about Newquay and Peranporth winning the league this season, you want to see Plymstock and Vospers play this season, i will tell you now these two sides are the dark horses. both sides have a new team from last season, Vospers signed all of Saltash Utd Res team and Plymstock have the best youngsters in the plymouth area..........watch this space :D:thumbsup:

Sorry Beckham, but from what I saw of Vospers at Port this season (although only one game), I would be suprised if they were challenging - I think they will concede too many goals....

Great game, the ref was poor but Truro played brilliantly. As for the 3rd goal being offside, there were so many players in the box it was hard to tell who was on but the assistant referee just couldn't keep up with play.

Shame the reverse fixture is scheduled for a Saturday as Truro 1st team are home.

No-one has mentioned the crowd figure for last night. Many "Newquay Loyal" there?

Crowd around 110, Newquay outnumbered Truro Supporters.

Great game, the ref was poor but Truro played brilliantly. As for the 3rd goal being offside, there were so many players in the box it was hard to tell who was on but the assistant referee just couldn't keep up with play.

Shame the reverse fixture is scheduled for a Saturday as Truro 1st team are home.

Thank you YOUNG TRURO FAN, the only one from Truro to agree on the basic points, Ref and Assistant poor, Truro Good (in the 2nd half) and yes Newquay had 80% of the crowd.

I'm sure that if both Newquay and Truro really wanted to, a fixture at Mount Wise on a Friday night would draw a big gate, hopefully someone can arrange this.

Moving on, as Jim says we must bounce back v Porthleven on Saturday, the one thing you can be sure of, is The Newquay Loyal will be there banging the drum and singing.

Thank you YOUNG TRURO FAN, the only one from Truro to agree on the basic points, Ref and Assistant poor, Truro Good (in the 2nd half) and yes Newquay had 80% of the crowd.

I'm sure that if both Newquay and Truro really wanted to, a fixture at Mount Wise on a Friday night would draw a big gate, hopefully someone can arrange this.

Moving on, as Jim says we must bounce back v Porthleven on Saturday, the one thing you can be sure of, is The Newquay Loyal will be there banging the drum and singing.

i even went and shaked the judges hand,the best i have seen truro play for a long time,and god knows were the 7 ist teamers were,one for the whole game,and two fringe ist,came on for the last 30 mins,and if you have so many out with suspensions,perhaps they should behave them self more,or was that bad referees. :smiley20:

Guest Freddy_f

Plymstock have the best youngsters in the plymouth area..........watch this space

Are you sure ??? Oh hang on a minute .... let me guess ...... do you play for plymstock ????

setting ya self up for a fall son with comments like that !

judge ur just a big wet wank , never played the game and need i good kick in the bollocks u fat ###### ****

Can anyone decipher this?

LEE WHETTERS AT HIS MOST COHERENT !