Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League Results and Table - Saturday 7th April 2018

Results for
Saturday 7th April 2018 
Goonhavern Athletic (Adam Weller) 1-2 St Ives Town (Danny Paynter 2) 
Att - 20
Holman SC 0-5 Perranporth (Matt Roberts 2, Luke Wort, Ross Sommerville, Conor Doocey)
Att - 40
Illogan RBL Reserves (Tom Butt, Joshua Hoon) 2-4 Mullion (Nahan Davison 2, Jack Price, Jack Green) 
Att - 25
Perranwell (Joe Ibbs-George) 1-3 Hayle (Matt Thomas 2, Cameron Irish)
Att - 35
Porthleven Reserves 0-0 Penryn Athletic 
Att - 60
St Agnes (Jakob Springall 2, Curtis Pay) 3-3 Redruth United (Jack Adams, Josh Holness, Ben Widdershoven) 
Att - 20
St Day (Dan Richards) 1-1 Carharrack (James Daniel) 
Att - 76
St Just (Jack Willis) 1-2 Helston Athletic Reserves (Martyn Webster, Joe Wright)
Att - 40
West Cornwall (Robbie Condie 2, Matthew Field) 3-3 Falmouth Town Reserves (Kyle Cooke, Adam Keenan, Sam Pickup) 
Att - 20

Table at 5pm 7/4/18

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS
1 PERRANPORTH 26 21 4 1 105 23 82 69*
2 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 25 20 3 2 96 33 63 63
3 ST DAY 28 20 3 5 96 37 59 63
4 CARHARRACK 21 16 2 3 96 31 65 50
5 PERRANWELL 23 16 1 6 63 28 35 49
6 HAYLE 27 14 3 10 58 54 4 45
7 HELSTON ATHLETIC RESERVES 24 14 2 8 64 44 20 44
8 ST IVES TOWN 27 13 3 10 44 47 -3 42
9 ST JUST 27 11 7 9 57 60 -3 40
10 PENDEEN ROVERS 25 10 5 10 61 46 15 35
11 MULLION 30 10 4 16 55 75 -20 34
12 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 25 10 3 12 65 59 6 33
13 WEST CORNWALL 25 9 2 14 47 70 -23 29
14 ST AGNES 24 8 2 14 46 65 -19 26
15 GOONHAVERN ATHLETIC 29 8 1 20 39 93 -54 25
16 PENRYN ATHLETIC 25 5 8 12 37 66 -29 23
17 ILLOGAN RBL RESERVES 25 7 5 13 39 54 -15 19*
18 HOLMAN SC 24 4 0 20 42 103 -61 12
19 RNAS CULDROSE 21 3 2 16 22 72 -50 11
20 REDRUTH UNITED 25 2 4 19 21 93 -72 10

A very tasty game awaits at Vogue park? can Holmans upset another big team?

And perhaps St Agnes will put the nail in the coffin for Redruth? Be sad to see Redruth go down a very ambitious club not really been shown a lot of loyalty by many players, Mr Jeffree is a great chap and works tirelessly to keep putting a side out. Interesting season for them would love to seem them survive.

15 hours ago, Mr Loverman said:

A very tasty game awaits at Vogue park? can Holmans upset another big team?

And perhaps St Agnes will put the nail in the coffin for Redruth? Be sad to see Redruth go down a very ambitious club not really been shown a lot of loyalty by many players, Mr Jeffree is a great chap and works tirelessly to keep putting a side out. Interesting season for them would love to seem them survive.

I'll be there today, didn't realise the reserves were home also which is ideal! 

Perranporth will win be 2-3 goals but I think Holmans will give a good account of themselves! 

Perranwell 1 Hayle 3, In simple terms, Hayle wanted it more, terrible challenge on the Well's keeper in the second half which deserved more than yellow, some strange decisions from the man in black both ways, still not sure why both teams didn't have pens, good to catch up with Steve on the line for Hayle, we move on.

Totally disagree with the keeper challenge comment the ball was there to win and both the Keeper and the player went for the ball. Hayle did want it more but also played the better football all game. Could and should of been more to Hayle in my eyes. Great 3 points to get from perranwell away. We keep moving forward. 

Two feet up sliding in on the keeper wide of the goal is not a ball that's there to be to be won in my opinion and the challenge was right in front of me, it was dangerous play and should have been red, the ref bottled it, as much as he did with the two pen decisions. Take nothing away from Hayle, they deserved the win

well you must of been the only person that saw that he had two feet up then bud. I was right in front of it also as well as the perranwell supporters that said nothing at the time. Hmmmmm. Also funny how that’s the only thing you remember from a game you lost.......

It's not all I remembered, could have mentioned the head butt from your keeper which also only got yellow, or the sliding foul from behind by your player who slid into our keeper, already on a yellow and who got no further punishment, but this is not about sour grapes, as I said before, Hayle deserved the win and both sides benefitted from some strange decisions from the ref.

Yeah I could of come up with a lot of stuff about the perranwell side also but I choose to rise above it. Also you may want to have a chat with your keeper as he did also say he didn’t think it was a bad challenge. However I am sure you covered all angles before shouting off on social media eh? 

52 minutes ago, potch said:

Yeah I could of come up with a lot of stuff about the perranwell side also but I choose to rise above it. Also you may want to have a chat with your keeper as he did also say he didn’t think it was a bad challenge. However I am sure you covered all angles before shouting off on social media eh? 

I was also at the well today, and was very surprised that there was no Red card issued from the match official. Puts us into the same subject of ‘did the official make the right choice?’ However today certain hayle players could have received a red card on a different day perhaps...did the red bottle it? Yes... hayle keeper also very lucky to recieve a yellow when quite clearly should’ve seen red for deliberate head but. 

4 hours ago, Soccer Follower said:

Holmans 0  Perranporth 5  h/t 0-0

Wow. What happened there today? 

Holmans beat Carharrack comfortably and then barely put up a fight against a very slow Perranporth team? Sad to see but no doubt will move on and brush result aside.

I agree with the hayle keeper, I honestly thought it was red. I was surprised it was a yellow myself. However I still stand by what a said about the challenge on the perranwell keeper, it wasn’t a red. Like I also said I could say a a lot of things about perranwell players but I won’t. As there not my players. Have a good evening gents. Good luck to perranwell for the rest of the season. 

3 minutes ago, potch said:

I agree with the hayle keeper, I honestly thought it was red. I was surprised it was a yellow myself. However I still stand by what a said about the challenge on the perranwell keeper, it wasn’t a red. Like I also said I could say a a lot of things about perranwell players but I won’t. As there not my players. Have a good evening gents. Good luck to perranwell for the rest of the season. 

Would also say that should’ve been a red. Very surprised ref bottled the decisions but I’m sure if he saw ‘replay’ if available his decision would change.

Thanks for your comments Andy. It was myself that competed with your goalkeeper for what I feel was a 50/50 tackle. Despite what you have said, I can assure you that I am not the type of player you are trying to portray. I am sure that this would also be echoed by many players throughout the leagues which I have played with for too many years. I agree that things look different from various angles, but I am confident that if one of Fishers players had not competed for such a ball he would be letting them know about it! I took the time to speak with your goalie after the game, which perhaps you didn’t, and he was happy with the situation. I think he had a great game and made some fantastic saves. He showed a maturity that maybe some of the vocal supporters on your sideline should consider for future games. I look forward to the return leg and hope that it is as keenly contested. 

5 hours ago, Andys said:

Perranwell 1 Hayle 3, In simple terms, Hayle wanted it more, terrible challenge on the Well's keeper in the second half which deserved more than yellow, some strange decisions from the man in black both ways, still not sure why both teams didn't have pens, good to catch up with Steve on the line for Hayle, we move on.

Good to see you again Andy , two pens one for each not given which everyone agrees on , ref said didn't have a good view of the well one and didn't think it was , and he thought the Hayle one was played on way down before challenge . That is his right to make the calls as he has the final say . On to the butt !!! I asked the ref why he didn't think it was a red he said no contact was made  , and he was very close so that is why he only issued a yellow , and also booked the well player  for a late kick on the goalie  before the so called butt !    All in all a very interesting game , with decisions for and against both sides , overall Hayle deserved the win  apart from a tricky ten minutes after wells equaliser they were in control  and played the better football . Well done to the groundstaff for getting the game on  , being told before ko  that lots of work was done in the morning  to make this happen , and even though the ground was soft  it didn't cut up as bad as I thought it might .

1 hour ago, Adam Palmer said:

Thanks for your comments Andy. It was myself that competed with your goalkeeper for what I feel was a 50/50 tackle. Despite what you have said, I can assure you that I am not the type of player you are trying to portray. I am sure that this would also be echoed by many players throughout the leagues which I have played with for too many years. I agree that things look different from various angles, but I am confident that if one of Fishers players had not competed for such a ball he would be letting them know about it! I took the time to speak with your goalie after the game, which perhaps you didn’t, and he was happy with the situation. I think he had a great game and made some fantastic saves. He showed a maturity that maybe some of the vocal supporters on your sideline should consider for future games. I look forward to the return leg and hope that it is as keenly contested. 

Adam have to agree all the years I have seen you play you don't have a nasty streak , competitive yes .   Thought the young keeper played well , unlucky with a couple of goals but he will learn from them ,  Matt Thomas with two today and Cameron Irish with the other goal  .

11 hours ago, potch said:

well you must of been the only person that saw that he had two feet up then bud. I was right in front of it also as well as the perranwell supporters that said nothing at the time. Hmmmmm. Also funny how that’s the only thing you remember from a game you lost.......

9 hours ago, Adam Palmer said:

For the record Adam I'm not trying to portray you as a dirty player, it was a bad challenge in my opinion, I dare say not helped by the condition of the pitch, but dangerous none the less and in those circumstances deserving of more than the yellow that was given. Either way, I don't think it affected the result, Hayle were the better side on the day. As I said before, both sides benefitted from some strange decisions, but that's football.

Andy doesn't have a clue, was a challenge from Adam that he had every right to go for,,your number 7 should be embarrassed for telling your keeper to stay down so he got a red, never have I come across supporters like that either, 90minutes of moaning it's amazing with wat they see,, shud all become referees tbf,, u were right on one thing tho, Hayle did deserve it,, 1st half u were embarrassed tbf, ur right back even said so,if we took our chances could have been so much more, 

18 minutes ago, Hayle87 said:

Andy doesn't have a clue, was a challenge from Adam that he had every right to go for,,your number 7 should be embarrassed for telling your keeper to stay down so he got a red, never have I come across supporters like that either, 90minutes of moaning it's amazing with wat they see,, shud all become referees tbf,, u were right on one thing tho, Hayle did deserve it,, 1st half u were embarrassed tbf, ur right back even said so,if we took our chances could have been so much more, 

The Hayle’s keepers outburst of great challenge Adam was uncalled for in what could have been a serious injury .

Gents it’s Sunday morning. The game was yesterday let’s move on shall we. This forum is all about opinions which is great. If everyone’s opinion was the same it would be a boring world. Good luck to perranwell for the rest of the season and thank Andys for running the line without you and refs we wouldnt have a game. Catch you boys end of April when we have you at our place (no doubt will be a good game).Would also like to say nice touch by perranwell and fisher for having a minutes silence for Martin Day (dayer). Great mate and a great bloke. Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Hayle87 said:

And in English please ‘Hayle 87’ ??‍♂️

6 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

The Hayle’s keepers outburst of great challenge Adam was uncalled for in what could have been a serious injury .

I my opinion the on the challenge it was there to be won if the young keeper is only 16 and everyone’s going mad on how bad it was he’s playing men’s football he needs to expect a 50/50 get up and get on with it the Hayles keeper had a lot of abuse from the supporters but he had the last laugh I suppose kicking the ball 90 yards over the young keeper and Matt had a open goal hayle have won 9 on the spin and played them off the park on there own pitch and the keeper only reacted after he got stamped on he didn’t make contact so I think everyone from perrenwell should just chill out take the loss and get on with it  ?

29 minutes ago, SM7f said:

I my opinion the on the challenge it was there to be won if the young keeper is only 16 and everyone’s going mad on how bad it was he’s playing men’s football he needs to expect a 50/50 get up and get on with it the Hayles keeper had a lot of abuse from the supporters but he had the last laugh I suppose kicking the ball 90 yards over the young keeper and Matt had a open goal hayle have won 9 on the spin and played them off the park on there own pitch and the keeper only reacted after he got stamped on he didn’t make contact so I think everyone from perrenwell should just chill out take the loss and get on with it bunch of gimps ?

Hardly 50/50 with the keeper already gone to ground and the attacking player sliding in making contact with studs up, it doesn't matter if the keeper is 16 or 36, it's a dangerous challenge and deserved red. We can take the loss, look at the table, but as Potch said, it's Sunday and time to move on, we look forward to the return fixture at the end of April ?

I took in the local derby between st.day and carharrack this weekend, not the most attractive game of football but the heavy pitch didnt help. The game itself had everything, good goal,missed penalty,sending off and controversy over wether the ball crossed the line for a late winner. Must say it was very well reffed who got most thing's spot on. Got to comment on the attitude of the carharrack manager who was that busy taking the mickey out of the opposition he forgot about the game and stupidly got himself sent off, very surprised to hear the carharrack supporters comments about him though.

17 minutes ago, CornishRhino said:

I've seen better St Day v Carharrack games to be honest. But I wouldn't say this one was bad either. I thought the pitch wasn't too bad all things considering. The football Carharrack played leading up to their leveller was absolutely spot on. That was one of the best goals for build up play I've seen at Combination League level football this season. I too think the referee, Marc Rose, had a really good game. He controlled it well and got all the key decisions correct in my opinion. The penalty that Carharrack missed was correct and both of Harry Pope's yellow cards were deserved and ultimately led to him being sent off. As for the late 'goal' that St Day thought had gone over, only three or four people will know whether that went in. The Carharrack keeper and defender, the linesman and also a photographer who I believe was close by as well. Either way, you would argue that St Day deserved the win as they peppered the goal for a lot of that second half. For me Jamie Chown definitely kept them in the game.

100% agree with you. Perranporth still the team to beat.

3 minutes ago, Carharrack Loyal said:

Harry's a hero in our books. Scored a superb goal against Goonhavern midweek.

The photographer was in the best position. I think St Day will feel lucky to get a draw from the match. Well refereed. 

Lucky to get a draw? They had chance after chance to win it! If Mr Harry stayed on the field I think carharrack would have win because they were on top at that point. But to say st.day was lucky with the draw proves you don't know a lot about football.

12 hours ago, Carharrack Loyal said:

Harry's a hero in our books. Scored a superb goal against Goonhavern midweek.

The photographer was in the best position. I think St Day will feel lucky to get a draw from the match. Well refereed. 

A hero you say? Playing well ‘apparently’ vs your most Fierce rivals in cornish football and gets two yellow cards and gets sent to walk? As a manager and a leading player he should lead by example and not act as a kid when out on the pitch but instead as a leader. Could Carharrack of won this game if Mr Pope stayed on the pitch? 

2 minutes ago, Mr Loverman said:

A hero you say? Playing well ‘apparently’ vs your most Fierce rivals in cornish football and gets two yellow cards and gets sent to walk? As a manager and a leading player he should lead by example and not act as a kid when out on the pitch but instead as a leader. Could Carharrack of won this game if Mr Pope stayed on the pitch? 

They were on top when he was on the field and st.day only got back into it when he got sent off. I think st.day might need to check if he damaged the door to the changing rooms also, everyone heard a very big bang.

3 minutes ago, Mr Loverman said:

Agree with you here ‘MR-Loverman’ managers should be leading by example, especially for those who are coming through to men’s football after spending years playing for there respected youth teams. Managers who receive a red card should also experience repercussions when it comes to managing future game. A three match touchline ban perhaps? 

1 minute ago, Alf said:

They were on top when he was on the field and st.day only got back into it when he got sent off. I think st.day might need to check if he damaged the door to the changing rooms also, everyone heard a very big bang.

If this is true, this needs to be investigated. St day have a great set up for a club who you could argue have many Barriers. Upsetting to hear of a manager vandalising other teams changing rooms. Some teams need to focus on sorting out there changing rooms rather than destroying others. GET THIS SORTED!

23 minutes ago, GreenTeddy said:

Agree with you here ‘MR-Loverman’ managers should be leading by example, especially for those who are coming through to men’s football after spending years playing for there respected youth teams. Managers who receive a red card should also experience repercussions when it comes to managing future game. A three match touchline ban perhaps? 

If this is true, this needs to be investigated. St day have a great set up for a club who you could argue have many Barriers. Upsetting to hear of a manager vandalising other teams changing rooms. Some teams need to focus on sorting out there changing rooms rather than destroying others. GET THIS SORTED!

Harry was sent off as a player, for two yellow card tackles, why should he deserve a 3 game touchline ban? When he was sent off as a player...

Depends if the ref reported it. He came back on the field Saturday at the final whistle to have a moan at the ref and that was after one of the best performance by a ref I've seen this season.

He need to start using his brain a bit more and act like a manager because he has a good team who needs a manager who they can rely on.

14 hours ago, willy7 said:

Depends if the ref reported it. He came back on the field Saturday at the final whistle to have a moan at the ref and that was after one of the best performance by a ref I've seen this season.

He need to start using his brain a bit more and act like a manager because he has a good team who needs a manager who they can rely on.

And the FA wonder why the referee rate is on a rapid decline. Disgusting, action needs to be taken to protect these referees. Same old story.

18 hours ago, willy7 said:

He was definitely reported to the ccfa

13 hours ago, GreenTeddy said:

And the FA wonder why the referee rate is on a rapid decline. Disgusting, action needs to be taken to protect these referees. Same old story.

Completely baffles me how people like Mr Pope seem to get away with these things. He should be punished and punished firmly. Enough is enough, have to agree with ‘Green Teddy’ here a rapid decline in cornish match officials is because of this exact issue...when will the FA wake up and start dealing with these  properly!!!!