Liskeard Athletic   2,   Plymouth Marjon     3
St.Blazey   2,    Elburton Villa   2
Wadebridge Town    2,   St Dennis    3

DEVON ST LUKES BOWL SEMI FINAL
Cullompton Rangers    P-P    Plymouth Parkway    

DEVON PREMIER CUP SEMI FINAL
Torridgeside    P-P      University of Exeter    

1 hour ago, MARKSY said:

Let’s hope witheridge get a Ref to inspect there pitch although its only Argyle down the road. Not like it’s Helston en route?

Cant quite believe what happened on saturday Marksy.... knowing full well the away side are travelling 2+hours, along with the bad weather we've had, didnt bother getting a pitch inspection. Absolutely embarrassing for the club, must be punished IMO

2 minutes ago, SCFC said:

Cant quite believe what happened on saturday Marksy.... knowing full well the away side are travelling 2+hours, along with the bad weather we've had, didnt bother getting a pitch inspection. Absolutely embarrassing for the club, must be punished IMO

Totally agree & that’s what is puzzling the most they have the appropriate ref within there vicinity to check for the Ref who was coming from Exeter. I know some can say it happens but I’m sorry it shouldn’t.

3 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

That leaves Bodmin to play 17 games in 38 days - virtually every other day til  May 7th. -Thats a tough ask,

would love to see how that is going to work, imagine trying to fixture all of that in!

Just now, MARKSY said:

Totally agree & that’s what is puzzling the most they have the appropriate ref within there vicinity to check for the Ref who was coming from Exeter. I know some can say it happens but I’m sorry it shouldn’t.

I could almost understand if it was Helston vs Falmouth and falmouth called the game off last minute, no worries, a short 15-20 min drive back to helston.... but to get a bloody bus all that way is inexcusable, its not as if Witheridge didnt know who they were playing against

10 minutes ago, SCFC said:

I hear the Sat Navs took the Helston coach to Winkleigh and the drivers hours were used up lol

14 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

That leaves Bodmin to play 17 games in 38 days - virtually every other day til  May 7th. -Thats a tough ask,

To be fair Mike - there’s a host of teams going to struggle to find 11 fit players come the end of the season! Loads with lots of games still to play!A53B2B53-D201-42F6-BB1E-D433815CBE3F.jpeg

2 hours ago, motherwontletmegoargyle said:

Ironic?, how, with no floodlights, Stoke Gabriel have played the most.

Not really, the teams who have played most at Stoke, Argyle (at Newton Abbot), Exmouth and Parkway - all along south Devon coast who haven’t had as much rain!! Parkway have done a fantastic job as their pitch has been shredded  but the others benefited by fortune as to where it rained  

Newquay have played a lot but that’s because their fixtures were loaded as away games, because of floodlight failure and that was when many fixtures in mid Cornwall were specifically affected. Also Stokes lack of floodlights also meant clubs having to travel there for earlier kick offs, causing a lot of inconvienience - I know there are issues over monies gping missing but hope next season they have floodlights or face being placed in the East league. 

59 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

Probably would, be more interesting than watching the usual Saturday pub football of the swpl !

very ironic that you have the audacity to call the swpl "pub football" when you've come up with every excuse under the sun on here as to why you cant attend various games

1 hour ago, SCFC said:

very ironic that you have the audacity to call the swpl "pub football" when you've come up with every excuse under the sun on here as to why you cant attend various games

1 hour ago, SCFC said:

But there is fun watching pub football ! Too many consider the swpl standard as the top standard in the country when if any of these teams were placed against teams from any of the city areas of a supposed equal standard, they would be defeated hands down !

1 hour ago, BIG AL said:

But there is fun watching pub football ! Too many consider the swpl standard as the top standard in the country when if any of these teams were placed against teams from any of the city areas of a supposed equal standard, they would be defeated hands down !

Not 100% sure that ive ever heard anyone say that the swpl is the best in the country.... Cornwall u18s went to the final in their cup the other year (couldve been last year), a lot of those play in the swpl so it cant be that bad surely?

Not sure about that to be honest Big Al? Lot of the old SWL sides have beaten City teams in the Vase over the years many times, especially your very own Falmouth Town team!!! Porthleven, St.Austell (semi-final) and Falmouth twice all qtr finals beating big city teams along the way if I remember rightly? Good point from SCFC as well. The County Youth boys beat some massive footballing counties last season on their way to the final. A lot of players from down here, if they lived up country would have played pro football no doubt over the years in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Sticker Forever said:

Not sure about that to be honest Big Al? Lot of the old SWL sides have beaten City teams in the Vase over the years many times, especially your very own Falmouth Town team!!! Porthleven, St.Austell (semi-final) and Falmouth twice all qtr finals beating big city teams along the way if I remember rightly? Good point from SCFC as well. The County Youth boys beat some massive footballing counties last season on their way to the final. A lot of players from down here, if they lived up country would have played pro football no doubt over the years in my opinion.

There seemed to be a lot more skill in the football in those days, now it is basically kick the ball up the middle of the field and hope someone latches onto it.

12 hours ago, BIG AL said:

There seemed to be a lot more skill in the football in those days, now it is basically kick the ball up the middle of the field and hope someone latches onto it.

You are a very difficult person to read... you absolutely hate the football in cornwall due to its "lack of quality" but are also the one protesting for a cornwall only league? make your mind up what you want! Im just going to conclude that you are the classic "back in my day we did this" bloke, who was actually the waterboy!

2 hours ago, SCFC said:

You are a very difficult person to read... you absolutely hate the football in cornwall due to its "lack of quality" but are also the one protesting for a cornwall only league? make your mind up what you want! Im just going to conclude that you are the classic "back in my day we did this" bloke, who was actually the waterboy!

And you are a very difficult person to understand as well Everyone has different points of view - just accept it !