Cornwall Football Forum

People Hiding Behind Usernames...Stop It??

Hi All,

I am not sure if I am in the majority or minority, but how often do you see comments on this site which are not constructive, but at times downright rude. :SM_carton:

Is there any support for asking the site to only allow users with their "actual" names on their accounts?

I know we will get some of the "freedom of speech" comments, but if you have something to say, why hide behind a made up username?

Even mine would have to be changed from Fish to Brian Fisher, but at least everyone will know who has made any comment.....it also might stop some people making spiteful comments because no one knows who they are. 

Just a thought, but probably too hard to manage for a local social media site with huge numbers contributing.

New Season just around the corner, so good luck to everyone :yahoo:

In the perfect world, it would be great for everyone to use their real names, but as Keith B has suggested, an enforcement might stifle debate and 'banter'.

I would like to think that we more than often stop any thread from getting too personal by taking the appropriate action, but this is probably a good opportunity to remind everyone to seriously think about what you have written before pressing the "Submit" button.

There is also the option with every post written to let us know any concern by clicking the "Report post".

13 minutes ago, Richard Rundle said:

I prefer the use of real names, it makes me think twice about posting anything libellous or too vitriolic as my comments can easily be traced back to me.

are you seriously under the impression that because someone registers their 'name', then that said name is actually them? who is to say you are actually called Richard Rundle? because your site name is that? i very much doubt you'd actually be able to manage doing it any other way that they currently do.

proof of I.D needed before registering etc, never in a million years, dream on, leave it how it is and let the administrators moderate it as they see fit!

I set up my user name when that was what everybody did and as the great majority of forum members know who I am then I have not felt the need to change it. Now to B Manning everybody thinks of the comedian but it`s not, just reverse it to Manning B then its Manning Black., self explanitary I hope. 

26 minutes ago, B Manning said:

I set up my user name when that was what everybody did and as the great majority of forum members know who I am then I have not felt the need to change it. Now to B Manning everybody thinks of the comedian but it`s not, just reverse it to Manning B then its Manning Black., self explanitary I hope. 

I always thought that your name was Bryan? :yahoo: