Cornwall Football Forum

New management team??

Rumour on tiger talk that Massey and Kirkup might be in charge next season? Also mentions sharing with Bodmin. Can anyone shed any light on this???

I reckon Massey/Manager,Kirkup Assistant Manager, 3 or 4 players kept from last season i.e. Jake Ash, Cody Cooke plus couple others,Truro City then to be made up from mostly Cornish based players but a few ex Argyle players signing. :ninja:

I reckon the Western League is what the new owners are aiming at. Messrs Kirkup and Massey have no experience of managing at Southern League level; the wage bill will be more modest, reducing the new owners' losses; it will be possible to ground-share with any one of a number of nearby clubs - no other Cornish club has facilities that would meet Southern League requirements - once Truro get kicked out of Treyew Road (an infamous tragedy, but that's a different thread); and from the Western League they would be able to slowly and sustainably move up the pyramid. Certainly the County is the worse off for having lost Conference South football: it was a real breathe of fresh air, if a little expensive to watch. Hopefully we may see those days again. However, Conference South is about the best we can hope for. The cost of playing in a national league would be prohitively expensive both in wages and in travel/accommodation. A million pounds a year? The County couldn't sustain it, never mind one club - sad, but likely to be true.

Jake Ash is capable of playing above Conference South, ambitious I think he may move on possibly to one of the Bristol Clubs - City or Rovers, in a settled defence where he doesn't have to continually cover other players misgivings he could blossom into a very good Football League player.

If I were Jake Ash and it fell within my lifestyle plan I would be contacting as many clubs as possible for a trial.

I regretted turning down a professional career even though at the time I earned more by doing so.

A player every Truro City fan would like to succeed wherever he decides to play next season. I would like it to be at Treyew Road but having given us so much he deserves any rewards that may come his way.

Re:- THE CLUB and It's way forward.

It's like building a house, first you make your plans, when approved you go forward to build what you can afford, it's only when the planners (FA) determines at what level we can participate will Pete and Pepe be able to put the roof on and complete the job in hand, landscaping the garden (Players) to the best of their ability. icon_eek.gif

What Crystal Palace achieved today, Truro City can do in non league football in the years to come.

** Palace today - Just three years after almost going out of business.

But how do you build a house when you don't own the land it stands on and there's no topsoil for a garden anyway ? The roof is the least of your worries when you have no foundations. Besides, only about 300 people care whether you build it or not. Mountaineer is obviously suffering from altitude sickness even in High Wycombe (pathetic) and should realise that the White Hyenas still have a very, very long way to fall.

Older, :c: I'll have a WC Rowe saffron bun on that too.

I enjoy reading Common Tatter and Mountaineer's post because they talk sense. Plymouth Argyle got hit with a dose of reality and now living within their means, even if that means playing in League 2 for a couple of seasons.

It's just not football the likes of Redruth Rugby club are also struggling due to the amount being paid out in wages previously.

I enjoy reading Common Tatter and Mountaineer's post because they talk sense. Plymouth Argyle got hit with a dose of reality and now living within their means, even if that means playing in League 2 for a couple of seasons.

It's just not football the likes of Redruth Rugby club are also struggling due to the amount being paid out in wages previously.

Are you saying the other two don't talk sense then Richard! They certainly add nothing but negative comments on this forum!

Warrens apparently weren't very struck on some of my politics back in the days of student holiday jobs, but I'll eat a good saffron bun from anywhere. Quite like Philps' mince pasties too: ate three last week, then ran the line at Enys Park.

Glad I've got a legitimate bruv: I wouldn't want you thinking this decent chapel boy was wrong side of the blanket !

The real Mr Mourinho (Manager, Leader, Legend, Wonderful, Counsellor etc)) is back in his spiritual home with the Blue Tinners today and for that Richard Scheisskopf from Truro to disrespect the name of the Special One is more offensive than anything that has ever been written on this website.

You can put all kinds of swear words on here if you can speak more languages than a stupid American computer, like the Latin for zitbellied impotent Buckinghamshire badger botherers.

Anyway, talking of the White Hyenas, what time's the Receiver of Wrecks coming ?

• 2 weeks later...