Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League Results - 9th March 2013

Div 2. Trispen 1 v 0 st ives. I think there was 2 shots on target all day, the final ball missing all round. Trispen good bunch well up for it, manager a nice guy. I won't talk about the ref he doesn't deserve my time, but the only time he ran was to give the pen which I think everyone there knew was a farce. Good luck for the rest of the season titans. Nice to meet you smashing pumpkin. What happened in the halestown v titans game seems there was so controversy, good result for halestown.

Guest smashing pumpkin

Why is the school of mines win over helston a shock?????. School of mines have been producing the results all season. Thats why they are now 2nd in div 1

Penryn 3-2 frogpool

Very even game which frogpool will feel hard done by, they are a good side who I'm sure will take points off the top sides. Chris page x2 and jay dumber with a last minute winner. Mom for us was Simmo class again at the back, he's like a fine wine he gets better with age. Goal of the game screamer from the frogpool right back. All in all a good day for penryn. Top notch from the referee aswell had him a few times this season, not many better than him. Best of luck to frogpool for the rest of the season.

Guest BenTheYeti

Division 2

Trispen 1 - 0 St Ives Reserves

No essay match report from me this week, primarily because this was a dire advert for local football at this level.
Taking absolutely nothing away from Trispen, who were 110% committed to getting something from a game we didn't really look interested in until the final 10 minutes. However, as mentioned above, there were two shots on target by either team all game; The first the penalty (which I will get to in a moment), and the second, a free kick in the final minutes which I had to tip over due to the big yellow thing in the sky getting in the way a bit. The rest of the match was not much more than glorified pinball. For their desire to win the game, Trispen deserved the 3 points.

Now, I try to come on here each week, and post as unbiased and as neutrally as possible, and I can't recall a time when I have made derogatory remarks about a referee. Unfortunately, today, the standard of refereeing was absymal. Many may point to this being a case of a sore loser, especially in a 1 nil game, but certain standards surely need to be attained? I know as well as anyone of the near crippling referee shortage we are currently going through, and it has been spoken about many times how many good referees we are lucky to have. But I would hope that one of the remits of a referee at any level would be the ability to keep up with play. The penalty that was awarded today, as honest as I can be, would have been a soft free kick to concede, and we were aggrieved when the ref blew his whistle.. by the time I had started asking for players to line up a wall, he had arrived at the penalty area and pointed to the spot. This actually drew a cheer from those in green. We ourselves had a penalty shout with about 5 minutes to go, in which one of our players was encompassed by the goalkeeper, and the referee, from a similiar position as his first decision, awarded a free kick in the defence's favour.
Again, I can only apologise for making such remarks, as it really isn't in my nature, but today, this game, for me personally, ruined by the man in black.

In a side note, I have received two text messages and a phone call in relation to the Halsetown Reserves vs Titans match, and if the allegations that are being made are true, the person in question should be removed from football for life

Hopefully, next week I'll have taken some Prozac and be far more my usual self!

Thank you to everyone at Trispen for a welcome reception after the game, in what are truly lovely facilities

Penryn 3-2 frogpool

Very even game which frogpool will feel hard done by, they are a good side who I'm sure will take points off the top sides. Chris page x2 and jay dumber with a last minute winner. Mom for us was Simmo class again at the back, he's like a fine wine he gets better with age. Goal of the game screamer from the frogpool right back. All in all a good day for penryn. Top notch from the referee aswell had him a few times this season, not many better than him. Best of luck to frogpool for the rest of the season.

I was also and this one and have to say it was a very enjoyable afternoon. A decent match with some fine goals (the pick,as you say, from the visitors Right Back). played in an excellent spirit, well reffed and also a word of praise to the club linesmen who did a fine job (except for the one occasion when the Penryn linesmen had to be admonished by the ref for swearing at one the players)

Madron 3 cury 3 madron raced in to a 2-0 lead early on whilst cury were trying sort out the new look back four after that cury got back into the game with goals from Ben trise and marge to level up at 2-2 at the break. As always cury started the second half in the changing rooms and were soon behind again both teams created chances after that but couldn't convert then Ben trise steeped up with his second of the game. On reflection I think a draw was a fair result madron handy across the midfield decent side. Thought the ref handled the game well never missed the late kick or attempted tackle. Thanks for the food after the game look forward to seeing you in the return match good luck for the rest of the season

Prem

St Agnes 0 - 0 Fal Albion

I don't usually criticise the referee on here and the ref we had today is usually one of the better ones but today he had a bad game and was the centre of attention throughout. Some bizarre decisions and frequent free kicks prevented either side from getting started. The result was a dour game with few chances which left both teams questioning decisions and in the end laughing at the inconsistency. Nothing much to say about the game itself. I'm sure it was just a bad day at the office but after that I'm kind of glad we've got no game next week.

Halsetown 1sts &2nds 1-3 Titans

Well not sure where to start we played long ball football first half, to adhere to the wind scored after 5 minutes and managed to miss chance after chance up until just before ht when we scored a bullit header through Tom millburn. Ht 0-2 second half we scored a free kick after 10 minutes and was comfortable throughout the game. Have to say the ref was being assessed and if he was premier league he wouldn't be in it next week absolute shocker, with ten to go there centre forward bundled over our keeper so rightfully it was a pen to them aaaagh. He missed so much it was a shocker. Finally it was lovely to be called every thing under the sun by a wee wipper snapper from somewhere up brummy land I think it was, only I couldn't understand a thing he said mind u he was puffing all game. Just read above posts what controversy the only controversy was the pen.

Guest BenTheYeti

Having seen the Halsetown line up prior to the game, and knowing the manager John for the last 13 years, there were only 2 first team players in the squad today, as stipulated in league rules

Div 1

Rosudgeon 0 Chacewater 2 h/t 0-1

A welcome three points and good performance for Luke Kelland's first game in charge.

Russell Hall Cup

Chacewater 4 Holman SC 2 h/t 2-1

Trelawney 1

Rosudgeon 0-2 Chacewater (HT 0-1)

Very even game, poor back pass gave St Day the lead. And then nicked one on the break second half.

Both teams hit the woodwork on a couple of occasions

Rosudgeon just couldn't find the back of the net today

Well reffed by one of the best Neil Harvey

All the best to Chacewater decent bunch

This league wide open after todays results.

Gonna be interesting last couple months

Rhino flexing his guns again?......

Halsetown 1sts &2nds 1-3 Titans

Well not sure where to start we played long ball football first half, to adhere to the wind scored after 5 minutes and managed to miss chance after chance up until just before ht when we scored a bullit header through Tom millburn. Ht 0-2 second half we scored a free kick after 10 minutes and was comfortable throughout the game. Have to say the ref was being assessed and if he was premier league he wouldn't be in it next week absolute shocker, with ten to go there centre forward bundled over our keeper so rightfully it was a pen to them aaaagh. He missed so much it was a shocker. Finally it was lovely to be called every thing under the sun by a wee wipper snapper from somewhere up brummy land I think it was, only I couldn't understand a thing he said mind u he was puffing all game. Just read above posts what controversy the only controversy was the pen.

Guest BenTheYeti

Ah Mr Marks, fishing like that won't get you anywhere with me. As I've said, I hope the controversy in question is properly dealt with

Lizard 1.1 Culdrose res PSC cup

Culdrose win 4.3 on pens.

Revenge for the airman today after losing in the Q/f of the junior cup in similar circumstances. Thought we played really well again today playing on the deck and matching the Lizard in the physical aspects. Lizard went 1 up with their only attack of the game and Culdrose equalised with a rebound of a defender. Culdrose had a lot of chances to kill the game but failed to finish in front of goal, lizard had a couple of chances at the end that James Wignall dealt well with. Shame that the lizard had a Lino that thought he was constantly seeing off Harriers on HMS Illustrious and putting his flag up! Spoilt what was a good game between two fair minded players. Pens this time went to the airman who scored all there's, wiggy in goal saving 2 from the lizard.

Trelawny Premier Result:

Carharrack 1 Perranwell Res 3.

Tightly contested match. The visitors simply took their chances.

Groundhopper Tevor P from Dawlish made a visit and states"This truly should be on ones "Must Visit"list

The in depth and very complimentary report can be found on The Tony Kempster Message board under "Where Did You Go" section

Trelawney prem

Illogan 5 - 0 St keverne (2-0 ht)

(Adam callaway 3, Ian Cullingham 2)

1st half

Decent 1st half for us and played some good stuff but kept missing that final touch to finish some good football. Cally bagged a goal 1st half but the highlight was a 40yrd screamer from Ian which left the keeper no chance. Had a couple more chances which we didn't convert and not sure st keverne had a shot?

2nd half

Much the same but a little more clinical in front of goal with Adam completing his hat trick and Ian getting his brace.

Another clean sheet from our defence who are playing great but man of the match has to Ian (in my opinion). Equally DOTD was Cally!

All the best to St Keverne who were a great bunch of lads and the game was also very well ref'd today.

Trelawny Premier Result:

Carharrack 1 Perranwell Res 3.

Tightly contested match. The visitors simply took their chances.

Groundhopper Tevor P from Dawlish made a visit and states"This truly should be on ones "Must Visit"list

The in depth and very complimentary report can be found on The Tony Kempster Message board under "Where Did You Go" section

Trevor P Report: http://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?post=476344;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;guest=96683282

Carharrack AFC 1 Perranwell Reserves 3

Trelawny League, Premier Division

Att : 20

The Howard Beauchamp Recreation Ground, B3298

Admission : Free. Programme : No. Coffee : Complementary. Plenty of hot & cold drinks, confectionary & highly popular cheesy chips were also on sale

Carharrack is about 2 miles east of Redruth. The club's extraordinary little ground is situated on the main road just outside the village after passing through it from the direction of the A30. I don't often feel like strongly recommending a venue to others, but despite its location far from much of the country, this truly should be on everyone's "must visit" list!

I was typically early and the metal entrance gates were still padlocked, so I wandered in to have a look round and take photographs. There's a large car-parking area inside the gates on compacted gravel or grass and the pitch runs lengthways ahead. The brick dressing-room building is in the near right corner and incorporates a kitchen from where refreshments would later be sold from a hatch. The pitch is enclosed by red painted railings with wire mesh infills and a large number of advertising boards are displayed. The red, white & black painted David Harvey stand is on the right hand side. It's a low, brick-based structure and contains two long wooden benches positioned next to each other. It is named after a local youngster who was a traffic accident victim about 20 years ago. A single-unit concrete block dugout with tin roofing is positioned on the opposite side. Training lights have been erected near to the dressing-rooms, but these are due to be replaced with superior ones shortly. There's hard standing on concrete close to the dressing-rooms, but otherwise standing is along the mainly grass or scrub perimeter pathway. It is hoped that the construction of concrete pathways will commence in the summer.

This whole ground has been dug out of a densely wooded area owned by the Beauchamp family, to whom a peppercorn rent of £5.00 per annum is paid. Recently, more space has been created on the adjoining banking although the surrounding trees ensure both a scenic and secluded location can be fully enjoyed. Further space is due to be cleared beyond the right hand side so that the reserve team can play locally rather than using the communal council pitches at Clijah Croft, Redruth. Income is generated from the Carharrack Sports & Social Club in the village and via the advertising which brings in £3,000.00 a year!

I'd rung Mel, the secretary earlier but spoke instead to her husband Billy who is the current team manager. He was one of the committee members who welcomed me here. Others included Barry (over 40 years service, notably with regard to ground maintenance) and Lesley (Billy's sister) who was responsible for the kitchen. This is very much a family oriented club which also supports youth football as well as the previously mentioned reserve side.

I suspect you thought I'd forgotten about the game! Well, I almost had! It was 7th. v 4th. with only 5 points between the sides before today. Despite a "bobbling" pitch which made ball control difficult, both teams played throughout at a high pace and, fortunately, there was an excellent official who obviously maintained high fitness levels!

There were plenty of scoring opportunities during the first half, but no one could finish and there was no score after 45 minutes.

Ten minutes into the second period, the visitors broke the deadlock when a sudden break down the left hand side resulted in the ball being forced home. After 68 minutes, a second goal came for Perranwell when a right wing cross was deflected into his own goal by an unfortunate defender.

The Perranwell keeper suffered a leg injury and had to be replaced by an outfielder after 71 minutes. This guy then produced a series of miraculous saves, but was unable to keep out a penalty for handball which gave Carharrack a chance of getting back into the game. Shortly before the scheduled end, the home keeper messed up a clearance and presented a goal scoring opportunity which was speedily accepted. Stoppage time highlights were mostly supplied by the substitute keeper who even lined up a wall, complete with all the necessary hand signals & barked commands. "I don't know what I'm doing here, but this is how it goes on TV!" I told him he'd be signing autographs afterwards at this rate!

Handshakes at the end with some of the friendly people I'd met and home before 6:30pm after one of the best days of the season so far. If you find yourself in West Cornwall, remember to check out Carharrack AFC!

Guest BenTheYeti

That guy gives me, Pitty and Jamie C a serious run for our money! I'd be interested to see his take on the old Halsetown pitch.. :D

Div 5

Helston 3rds 4 v Newlyn Dolphins 0

After our best perfromance of the season ast week despite the scoreline today was probably our worst...seemed very lack luster during the whole game. However a brace apiece from Tom Lake and Craig Tanner secured the points. Ceretain things spoilt this game of football today bu the less said about that the better!

Newlyn good bunch of lads ....thanks for coming in for a beer and food

having no fixture yesterday i took the oppurtunity to watch heston v csom, having watcted helstons rise from poor mid table falmouth and heston team to all concouring last season i was expecting big things however i was left wondering what has happened, why have the wheels fallen off, helston looked slow maybe to many aging players in key positions ? having spoke with a few nice people around the club house area it seems that helston are struggling to keep hold of players for the second team whilst the firsts and thrds are flying with strong sqauds. i amsure helston will be there or there abouts come the end of the season but if helston fail to gain promotion is that the end of the road for le boss ?????

good luck to both teams for the rest of the season

having no fixture yesterday i took the oppurtunity to watch heston v csom, having watcted helstons rise from poor mid table falmouth and heston team to all concouring last season i was expecting big things however i was left wondering what has happened, why have the wheels fallen off, helston looked slow maybe to many aging players in key positions ? having spoke with a few nice people around the club house area it seems that helston are struggling to keep hold of players for the second team whilst the firsts and thrds are flying with strong sqauds. i amsure helston will be there or there abouts come the end of the season but if helston fail to gain promotion is that the end of the road for le boss ?????

good luck to both teams for the rest of the season

Let's not forget that csom look like a strong side this season and are looking to be strong title contenders.