Cornwall Football Forum

Bodieve....What next?

Guest Bodieve Neighbour

Guest Bodieve Neighbour

My parents live in St Minver and claim to have been informed by someone on the inside of Wadebridge Town that a deal has been struck by the officers of the club and supermarket chain.

My dad works for jewson and reckons he's heard they are moving over to the school or something and we are talking millions involved.

How come they did all that work for ages and then they sell up, will they have to pay back any of the grant money they were given by lottery etc?

loads of other clubs couldve had that money if these plans were hapening.

Guest Peppermint

I don't know if the Administrators have viewed this posting but perhaps they had better make a decision to delete this posting. I note that it is a first posting by the member and it contains some very unfair observations about a well run and respected Club.

I am sure the poster has acted on the spur of the moment but perhaps has no facts to back up the wild accusations.

Guest Bodieve Neighbour

peppermint, i have had a look at what i said and taken away the comment that may look like i'm stirring as i agree it could be taken the wrong way.

i thought this was the plaice to talk about rumours and things like that involved with local football.

i just want to know what anyone from wadebrige thinks and weather anyone has heard it aswell?

no offence was meant. sorry

Guest Bodieve Neighbour

i can asure you that the sources are spot on so please dont delete anything until we get to hear the views of a wadebridge source. for all those that doubt what i say hust give it time and all will revealed.

then you can eat humbel pie for douting me. (sorry for my speling)

peppermint, i have had a look at what i said and taken away the comment that may look like i'm stirring as i agree it could be taken the wrong way.

i thought this was the plaice to talk about rumours and things like that involved with local football.

i just want to know what anyone from wadebrige thinks and weather anyone has heard it aswell?

no offence was meant. sorry

we're not getting about the forum and where people view their opinions but when your talking about your own club its not nice for their viewing is it

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bodieve Neighbour

can somone from wadebirdge confirm that ground is being sold, this i can asure you will happan in near future. is mr dudley upset that his chariman not botherred to tell him or does he know and needs to keep quite so that the club dont get in trouble with the people that gave funding out?

truth will come out evenchally............

Guest Bodieve Neighbour

ive been away for a few days and have just found a mesage from stuart dudley.

Dear Whoever You Are....

If you have a sensible question, come and air it with the club. We're playing at home on Tuesday next week against Falmouth.

If not, please do not hide behind a fake name and suggest unrest that doesn't exist between Chairman and Manager on a public forum.

Yours in sport

Stuart Dudley

sory for not repplying sooner but have been on holiday stuart.

i wasnt sugesting unrest between you and your chariman.

i just want you to comment on the ground being sold.

you have plenty to say normaly so why the hush now? disscusions between mr cudmore and a supermarket happened just after christmas. All clubs wanting funds from fa will wondr why you had some alocated if a sale was going through.

hope it hasnt delayed or denyed other applications.

Guest Peppermint

Bodieve Neighbour - it would be much better and not so cowardly if you actually put your real name to your postings that contain wild accusations regarding a Club that is held in the highest regard by the Cornwall football fraternity.

I am not connected with Wadebridge Town Football Club but someone who has the pleasure to visit Bodieve Park on occasions to report on matches and I am of the opinion that the Club always carries out any business in the most professional manner. The Club is always a pleasure to visit and is always most welcoming and friendly and it seems such a shame that hard working Committee Members are denigrated by ridiculous statements that you make that are nothing more than third party hearsay.

Stuart Dudley is quite correct why don't have the manners to confront the people concerned with your questions and not remain behind a name that God help anyone if you are a Bodieve Neighbour the Club does not want many neighbours like you.

Come on name yourself - and although I use a pen name most people know who I am. I will put my name and try and shame you into the same.

Graham Drew

Even way down West we've heard this story. We may be at the bottom or far end of the rumour food chain but we do occasionally get the odd tit-bit thrown our way.

We heard the supermarket involved starts and finishes with an A. Wadebridge is ripe for another supermarket the other end from that Tesco one.

Would be good for the local football comminutity of North East Cornwall for a brand new ground in Wadebridge for local finals, etc plus if they get it right no more postponed games at the first sign of a drip of rain.

The same supermarket has put down an option to purchase Hayle Rugby Club if the rugby club can find a new venue and both sites can get planning permission. The figures going round our way is that £1m has already be given to the rugby club as a retainer and if it goes through they will have a total of £10m for a new site plus it will put any spare money in the bank as it will lose the income from the car boot sales.

Somehow I missed this thread originally and so can't comment on the early postings that obviously caused some unrest in the ranks!

I think though, with the land around the Bodieve venue, speculation has never been far from the surface that one day things might change. Mind you, having said that, how many times have we heard in recent years that a supermarket is coming in and buying a ground! Saltash United being the most recent that I can recall. But that move failed and so nothing is definite until the first digger comes in I suppose.

The only thing I would say is that no one from the club has suggested it's not a possibility and we know that a few come on here and pos from time to time.

So could there be something in it after all? :clapper:

Guest Bodieve Neighbour

People from Wadebridge have posted on other things but not replid here.

Mr dudley....................normaly so quick to defend your club, what are your thoughst?

a dutch auction between sainsburys and morissons has taken place, not asda as first thought.

just proves my mole has got the roumer right though

Guest Peppermint

I note Bodieve Neighbour did not take up Stuart Dudley's invitation to visit last night during the match with Falmouth Town. I also note no reply to actually putting his/her own name to these postings.

Looking at the postings from this member visiting Bodieve Park was probably out for him/her because they were at evening classes learning some basic English and spelling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whilst not knowing any detail and for what it is worth, I can add that some 6/8 weeks ago a very reliable and learned source was discussing this subject in our Club.

He had been told the same thing whilst doing some business in Wadebridge.I realise that this doesn't make it gospel but makes one think a bit. :drink:

Guest Peppermint

I have no problem with the posting as it is a present but I am sure Richard will agree that the original posting has been partly deleted because it contained some slanderous remarks that have no part of this Forum.

Mr Chairman - I know as well as you do that rumour will always appear and speculation but the original posting was offensive and cowardly hiding behind a name. I also note that the Forum user does not appear to post on any other topic.

The original posting was my concern - no problem with leaving it how it is now.

In all fairness I think we should thank Bodieve Neighbour for seeing that his first post might have been a little too heavy, because it was he who amended it, without us having to get involved!

Guest Bodieve Neighbour

Looking at the postings from this member visiting Bodieve Park was probably out for him/her because they were at evening classes learning some basic English and spelling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I edited the personal remarks i made and would like you to consder the same peppermint. How do you know if i was at the game on tuesday? i here you are invollved with newquay but wadebridge sound very close to your heart. my spelling maynot be as good as yours and i havnt posted as many times but that should not meen i get laughed at when i make a point.

whistleblowers posts are good but mike ogders makes the point that is best will they pay back the grant?

the chariman apparentley works for the people who own the surounding fields etc so i,m interested to see what the club think. i dont reckon mr dudley even knows.

Hi De Ho Good Neighbour......

Speculate all you want it's your right to do that. But comments that you have made where you mention my name are clearly designed to goad me into giving you information and are not without a certain amount of spite. The tone of your comments merely make me laugh though, as you're clearly trying to cause some kind of unrest yourself and are hoping for a big "I told you so" moment.

Well...I hope you feel really good about yourself, whoever you are...I have my suspicions though.

I, in the meantime, will get on with my life and ignore you, safe and happy in my knowledge.

For everyone else...

I'm sure at the most appropriate time, the most appropriate people will be told the most appropriate information in the most appropriate way. (If there is anything that needs to be said, of course!)

That's the thing about Wadebridge Town FC...we do our business in the most appropriate way and rightly take offence to any suggestions otherwise.

Good luck to all in your last games and for next season, including the jealous ones hoping something bad will happen to us...you know who you are!

:thumbsup:

Guest Peppermint

No wishing to give any more credence to the postings but the original posting was the problem and this has been amended. I think Stuart Dudley has summed it up but Bodieve Neighbour has made another rash statement in the last paragraph of his last posting.

I am involved with Newquay Football Club but only want to see fair play with any club and from my knowledge of Wadebridge Town Football Club they are well respected and well organised.

If you were at Bodieve Park on Tuesday evening then why not introduce yourself so why do I have to amend my postings!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Bodieve Neighbour

I dont need to goad you into giving information stuart, seems the other way round as you seem to have no idea about whats hapening. not interested ina big i told you so moment as you call it. just genuinly intrested to see whats going on. great move for club but money shoud be payed back.

I'm sure at the most appropriate time, the most appropriate people will be told the most appropriate information in the most appropriate way. (If there is anything that needs to be said, of course!)

sums it up!

peppermint, i respect you jumpin to deffence of wadebridge but my facts are congcrete and you are just changing subject to riddicule the isue.

trust me, mmc didnt do leveling for nowt! this has been on cards for sometime.

keep your jeers for when the digers are in boys. hope it all goes well.

Although I make postings on here about Wadebridge matches and do watch their games I will start by saying I have no official association with the club.

I don't really see the point of this posting. So what if a supermarket is built on the pitch? In examples I can think of it's actually benefited a club. As someone that grew up in St Austell the best example must be the Rugby Club there which used to be on the ASDA site and now boasts excellent facilities about half a mile away courtesy of the developer.

At Bodieve, I can't even see there are any neighbours to worry, unlike the recent proposals for Salatsh's ground.

• 7 months later...
Guest Chris B

Bodieve Neighbour - it would be much better and not so cowardly if you actually put your real name to your postings that contain wild accusations regarding a Club that is held in the highest regard by the Cornwall football fraternity.

I am not connected with Wadebridge Town Football Club but someone who has the pleasure to visit Bodieve Park on occasions to report on matches and I am of the opinion that the Club always carries out any business in the most professional manner. The Club is always a pleasure to visit and is always most welcoming and friendly and it seems such a shame that hard working Committee Members are denigrated by ridiculous statements that you make that are nothing more than third party hearsay.

Stuart Dudley is quite correct why don't have the manners to confront the people concerned with your questions and not remain behind a name that God help anyone if you are a Bodieve Neighbour the Club does not want many neighbours like you.

Come on name yourself - and although I use a pen name most people know who I am. I will put my name and try and shame you into the same.

Graham Drew

i can asure you that the sources are spot on so please dont delete anything until we get to hear the views of a wadebridge source. for all those that doubt what i say hust give it time and all will revealed.

then you can eat humbel pie for douting me. (sorry for my speling)

HA! How much is Humble pie at Morrisons???? :wacko:B) Brilliant..its good to find some truth behind a rumour for once.

Guest Peppermint

For the information of Chris B - I have no intention of eating humbe pie - if you took the trouble to read the entire postings on this topic and if you read some of the postings that were conveniently amended then you would know the reason why I entered the debate.

The original postings contained slurs on people and the Club of Wadebridge Town and that is why I posted.

Things like this makes me wonder if it worth bothering with posting on this Forum - all I was doing was trying to ensure that the topic was not becoming a vendetta.

I trust Chris B will realise that you need to read the whole of the original postings and their content before jumping to conclusions.

I appreciate that some of the original postings had to be 'cleaned up' to avoid legal problems.

I know we can all rely on Wadebridge to do the honourable thing and repay the vast sums already grabbed in the form of grants. Maybe another lucky club will then get a look in.

Funny how people can complain about stirring when it involves thier own club but can then post this kind of thing isnt it?!

Im sure if there are any amounts to be paid back then it will be done through the correct channels and at a rate affordable to the club

Im nothing to do with Wadebridge Town myself so am not biting, i just dont like to see people trying to get other clubs in trouble, this kind of thing has happened to Durham City (i think) and has basically killed the club with the repayment of a grant being forced, im sure no one would want this to happen to Wadebridge.

Always feel for Wadebridge - built a beautiful ground, yet virtually zero local support. Seems an injustice.

Thanks for the expression Dan,which I am sure was meant with the best of intentions, but local support is not just measured by who turns up to watch the 1st team. Wadebridge is a community club supporting 10 youth teams with over 130 youngsters registered to play league football. All of those teams are sponsored by local firms or have local sponsorship contacts. In addition the parents pay registration fees to support the club. We also run 2 senior and 1 junior teams, who are as it happens also locally sponsored.

The club has a great relationship with the local schools and provides coaching through its skill centre on a weekly basis to many of their pupils. The club is also involved with the Lions who support footbal through the schools and use both our facilities and coaches to help in this process.

So why we try to increase the number who come and watch our 1st team it is not the only marker that we measure our success by.

:D

I hope this goes through and good luck to Wadebridge Town FC.

I'm sure there is no case to be made for repaying any grants because it sounds like the stand and changing facilities, that, by the way, were match funded by the football club and it's supporters, will still be very much there and in use, continuing to beneift the whole club as it was intended when the Football Foundation awarded Wadebridge Town FC 50% of the total cost of their project, I believe.

They also paid out of their own pocket to level the pitch, no grants for that.

Mr Chairman of St. Blazey, why do you insist on making this point and why the spite? I'm not sure what your problem is.

Other clubs in this league are able to access grants, I'm sure if you speak to the County FA Development Team, they would be delighted to help you.

Good people who work hard should be applauded for moving forwards and raising the standards of facilities, not just wasting their hard earned money on players to try and win that large championship cheque?!?!

I say well done the Bridgers :clapper:

Always feel for Wadebridge - built a beautiful ground, yet virtually zero local support. Seems an injustice.

Thanks for the expression Dan,which I am sure was meant with the best of intentions, but local support is not just measured by who turns up to watch the 1st team. Wadebridge is a community club supporting 10 youth teams with over 130 youngsters registered to play league football. All of those teams are sponsored by local firms or have local sponsorship contacts. In addition the parents pay registration fees to support the club. We also run 2 senior and 1 junior teams, who are as it happens also locally sponsored.

The club has a great relationship with the local schools and provides coaching through its skill centre on a weekly basis to many of their pupils. The club is also involved with the Lions who support footbal through the schools and use both our facilities and coaches to help in this process.

So why we try to increase the number who come and watch our 1st team it is not the only marker that we measure our success by.

Great comments and nice to see a forward thinking side. In the end though, I'm sure all SWPL clubs would like to see a few more through the gate for first team matches.

All the best.

Great comments and nice to see a forward thinking side. In the end though, I'm sure all SWPL clubs would like to see a few more through the gate for first team matches.

All the best.

I guess they would and hopefully we all will.

Some of the comments regarding the proposed further development of Bodieve Park seem to me to be way off the mark and a lot of it is rubbish.

Chairmans comments regarding paying back grants for instance, seems to infer that the club is moving away from Bodieve Park; if you read the article in the local Cornish Guardian it clearly states that the pitch, the floodlights the grandstand and changing facilities and the refurbished clubhouse are all staying and the proposed development is on the training pitch at the top of the ground and the ground adjoining (the old rugby field).

So what grants need to be paid back then chairman ?

Also Wadebridge Town AFC propose to replace the second pitch and training facilities by purchasing some land close to the existing pitch and developing that, paid for by the propsed deal with the developer. If this comes to fruition then we will further enhance our facilities; if not we stay as we are, but one thing is for certain the club would never have to take out a loan or pay back a grant. We wouldn't be allowed to develop the top field without the agreement of the Football Foundation. All of the proposed re-location of the top field has been done by a company called Sports Solutions, who were recommended to us by the Football Association.

Hope that clarifies some of the rubbish that has been written on this subject; if people need any further information please go to the Town Hall on the 13th/14th Dec (i think, its in the guardian) where there is a consultation evening or ring the chairman Steve Cudmore who would be delighted to discuss it with you.

Guest Peppermint

Thanks for that clear and lucid explanation Blackie - surely even the educationally challenged should understand that!

I am sure that there must be a Morrisons or Tesco or whatever supermarket near Chris B so that he can join Bodieve Neighbour in a slice of humble pie!

I also notice that the aforementioned Bodieve Neighbour has not appeared on the Forum other than to try and stir up trouble - no other postings to do with football.

Guest Bodieve Neighbour

Thanks for that clear and lucid explanation Blackie - surely even the educationally challenged should understand that!

I am sure that there must be a Morrisons or Tesco or whatever supermarket near Chris B so that he can join Bodieve Neighbour in a slice of humbe pie!

I also notice that the aforementioned Bodieve Neighbour has not appeared on the Forum other than to try and stir up trouble - no other postings to do with football.

Pepper mint, thank you for sugesting i am educationally challenged. I have before apogolised for my spellin and grammar b ut that does not hide the fact that I menshuned this 8 months ago and you laughed at my suggestion and slated me for stiring trouble when cleerly I wasnt.

Chris B is the only won who didnt laugh at my clames, so thanks Chris.

i'm intrested to hear about the 200 jobs it may create. Perhaps pryority applications could come from the 80 or so that were laid off from a company that a certain ex bmw driving chariman manadged?

Mr Dudley couldnt answer me at the time............as he cleerly didnt now, not his fault so sorry for giving you greef stuart.

Blackie can answer now but why not back in april?

more to come from this story just you wait.

Oh and peppermint its humble pie, not humbe.

(I knew i cud corect someone else one day, made my day that has!) :yahoo:

Guest Peppermint

Paragraph 3 of the last posting should have the administrators/moderators reaching for their law books - certainly a slur on a respected member of the football world in Cornwall!

I will not give further credence to the rest of the tirade by not bothering to reply to it.