Cornwall Football Forum

Stewart Yetton

Stewart Yetton is contemplating his footballing future due to a shoulder injury. He is seeking medical advice but he is not very optimistic that he can continue at this level. I'm sure all at TCFC will be gutted if he has to leave the club because he has given so much in the three and a half he has been with the club. (Watch this space.)

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Of course a keeper would give up due to a shoulder injury but a outfield player, just not good enough simple as that, will be signing for Perran soon, got a bigger budget !

It was 17th Jan when City beat Burnham 6-2, Stewart was carrying his injury then, despite one of our easier games he struggled, amazingly with the game won early he was NOT substituted, even when being on the end of a pile driver to the never never regions and hardly able to walk he was still made to play out the full 90 minutes.

6th Dec at Bracknell, Marcus Martin sent off before half time, Stewart dropped back into midfield and did the work of two men and was to a large extent responsible for City's 3-1 win.

Stewart has since those days put in plenty of effort, it has been obvious to all that the injury has affected his game, all City fans will be as sickened as Stewart if injury prevents him competing at Level 4 or above.

If Stewart were to end up at Perranporth or elsewhere at a lower level to pyramid 4 then good luck to him.

Of course a keeper would give up due to a shoulder injury but a sh1t outfield player, just not good enough simple as that, will be signing for Perran soon, got a bigger budget !

hahahha

if anyone actually thinks yets is retiring they dont know the guy. full time joker, every time i have met him.

a little bit like the judge. erm, or not!!! maybe truro shoud sign some of restomerls top players. haha. like scott pamer or that deadly forward joe robinson or whatever he's called up front? or maybe not.

good result today judge. keep looking for bites with your horrific posts. this forum will be a poorer place without your terrible wind up efforts.

SNORE

well done truro. carrick, and cornwalls best team. oh, and well done st austell. despite the fact that i like newquay, they're players and committee must be gutted that everyone hates them thanks to one idiot!!! never mind.

Of course a keeper would give up due to a shoulder injury but a outfield player, just not good enough simple as that, will be signing for Perran soon, got a bigger budget !

hahahha

if anyone actually thinks yets is retiring they dont know the guy. full time joker, every time i have met him.

a little bit like the judge. erm, or not!!! maybe truro shoud sign some of restomerls top players. haha. like scott pamer or that deadly forward joe robinson or whatever he's called up front? or maybe not.

good result today judge. keep looking for bites with your horrific posts. this forum will be a poorer place without your terrible wind up efforts.

SNORE

well done truro. carrick, and cornwalls best team. oh, and well done st austell. despite the fact that i like newquay, they're players and committee must be gutted that everyone hates them thanks to one idiot!!! never mind.

agree with everything you just said mate

F I F I.

I think he may do as someone reported elsewhere, take time out for the injury to mend, there is no doubt he has problems competing at Southern League level, a slight edge off his game makes a big difference against defences as quick as some City play against most weeks, that does not mean that he has to stop playing, he only has to lower his sights a few levels to continue playing a sport he enjoys. I hope he doesn't have to retire, he may live to regret that if it were the case.

Regarding retirement, I played football until I was 48, at that age I was playing Sunday Premier Division football and enjoying it, one Sunday I tackled a young lad who was at the time possibly the liveliest young talent around banging in goals for fun on Saturday's and Sunday's, he hit the deck hard, I looked down and his leg had split open from thigh to shin, it looked awful, I held on to him until the spongeman arrived, turned to the referee and said, you sending me off ref, to my surprise he said "No it was an accident, you had no intent, you were a little slow into the tackle" in a few weeks the lad recovered but I had already made my decision, I thought it foolhardy to continue if I could do that to another player because I was slowing down, I stopped playing mid season. The following years were hell and not helped when I realised that there were seven lower divisions of the league I could have dropped down to, I finished playing cricket at the age of 63 and I regretted that decision after.

I hope Stewart keeps playing somewhere, retirement is too permanent, something I believe all sportsmen regret in their later years.

Guest ECPL Supporter

terrible comment.

Agree. Awful. Who is this clown??

Guys, why can't you recognise that opposition to your views , just like good opposition on the pitch improves your football, improves your overall articulacy in justifying your perspective and passion for your team ?

Even though I affectionately cheer on the White Hyenas when St Just are not playing, my fellow Chelsea supporter from Mount Wise is one of the best contributors on this forum. I will also support the Boiled Sweets of Donkey Derby Park when they are playing non-Cornish opposition ! Parody is affectionate, not disrespectful !

Long may he thrive ! Vive le Juge !!! :c::c: :D

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Couldn't give a monkeys what so called Truro fans actually think of me... they should try looking in their own back yard for some of the most stupid comments on this forum.

Still won't answer any of the points I raise though, far too embarressed by the actions of a certain Mr H to lower themselves from the pedestal they put him on whilst still attached to his clackervalve !

Guest Man on the Post

Jesus, the majority of the Truro followers on this forum can't take a bad word said about their club. Christ, prepare to put up with more of it in the coming years if the club keeps getting promotion

Hypocrisy Darren! You are exactly the same with regard to Liverpool. :D

I couldn't agree more. We owe so much to Mr Heaney. He is the best thing that has happened to Cornish football in recent times. Now that we are league above any other Cornish side, people are no longer jealous and now appreciate the level of football being played at Treyew Road.

THERE'S ONLY ONE KEVIN HEANEY!!!!

*** Shane Tolley - The most gifted player to play for TCFC ***

Guest calcox

how do such posts get diverted, this post was about a player who as given so much, and brought so much success to cornish football. i'm no truro fan, but when i can, i go to watch for the standard of football, so you can say what you want about me. but this is about a young player's career possibly being cut short while in is prime. if this is so it is a big lost to truro city, but a much bigger loss to stewart yetton. lets hope such a consistent goal scorer is back playing soon at any level.

Jesus, the majority of the Truro followers on this forum can't take a bad word said about their club. Christ, prepare to put up with more of it in the coming years if the club keeps getting promotion

That's not quite fair, Darren -- most of the "bad words" said about the Club don't really have anything to do with the football side of it. People drone on and on and on about the chairman or about the "so-called" fans.

If all anybody ever mentioned was G&H, and the bad reputation of Scousers, and ignored the actual sport on the pitch, you'd get pretty testy, too!

And why is a supporter only so-called because of vintage? Surely somebody new coming to the County and supporting, say, Newquay, is just as legitimate as the old timers? We can't all have been there in year dot.

Banter about City would be welcome if it was the stuff other sides get -- without the tedious Spurs/Arse back and forth hopefully. You know, "Yetton isn't tall enough to do the job," "Smith and Ash aren't fast enough," "Your goalkeeping is too weak," "Your songs are crap and the tea's weak." That kind of stuff has got to be expected and embraced. We deal with in when others say "Liverpool rely too much on their best players" after all. The other guff just goes nowhere -- we can't help it, control it, or answer for it, so what's the point?

Let's talk about the game. For instance, Yetton started on Saturday, but seemed ineffectual and came off before the winning goal. If he's hurting, we absolutely hope we gets well again because he's carried the team sometimes in the past and his production has got to be part of the future. So who'll start on Tuesday? Yetti and Watto? One or the other? Which?

• 1 month later...

spoke to yetti after the match yesterday . i did notice he was favoring his shoulder . but man i couldnt smile that big if i tried his heart is city but his shoulder needs looking at i really hope he stays but not at the cost of a career ending injury . give him a quiet out season and get him the help he has earned kevin forget the pre season friendlies for him . then bring him back with a bang for the BGB PREMIER LEAGUE !!!!!

I have to say, after all is said and done, after the dust has settled, after my mid-season doubts, that I was pleasantly surprised at the turn-out yesterday. What with the miserable weather, plus the fact that absolutely nothing depended on the game for either side, I anticipated another 400 or so gate. But no: over 700 turned up - no reduced admission, no special incentive. You don't get many football fans turn up just to see some medals presented after an exhibition match. This game was at the eighth level from the very top. Much is said about the crowds attracted by rugby in Cornwall. I don't know which Cornish rugby clubs play eight leagues from the top but I bet not many of them equal Truro's average attendances or get near their best gates. I wonder if this means the interest just might be there after all?

Oh, and I'm certain Truro won't make it five straight promotions on the trot. Thought I'd better get my prediction in early!

Judge: what about the football Truro have played?

well as i said long time ago on truro trophy hunt.. i would like 2 congratulate then on winning the league in style and sending a message out 2 the leagues above.. it would b an awful shame if yetts retired but i believe a lad called bradley bubb is a poss replacement to him im not a truro fan but hear rumors etc. i caught one truro game this season and the football played was very good. not the best but thats cuz i watch football non stop on tv lol.. but well done now lets hope heaney will get them up agen.... and one day help the local businesses out in wat is owed but just let him deal with that no need to start judge lol... but well done truro lets hope there some good friendlys next season mayb ac milan juve barca lol :c::c: :c: