Cornwall Football Forum

FHFL Results 10/01/2009

Just a quick message to Mawgan. I would like to thank you very much for informing Troon that you wasn't going to bother showing up today. Its quarter past 2 now. Pitch is not marked, nets are not up and there are no players. There is no ref here so it goes to show you had no intention of showing up. It is a disgrace. I came all the way from newquay for this. So once again, thank you very much. 3 points Troon.

ST DAY 2-1 HELSTON (ht 1-0)

ST DAY one up at half time, Helston levelled things up 5 mins into the second half with ST DAY scoring the winner with about 12 to go.

last minute save from the cat to tip a thunderbolt of a hlaf volley round the post from the helston midfielder.

will write a proper report later but have a guts ache from hell at the mo!.

TRURO CITY 3RDS 3 FALMOUTH ATH 1

TRURO CONTROLLED THE MAJORITY OF THE GAME, COMBINED WITH THE FITNESS,YOUTH AND A TEAM OF FOOTBALLERS CAME AWAY WITH THE 3 POINTS. FALMOUTH HAD ENOUGH CLEAR CUT CHANCES TO DRAW LEVEL EARLIER ON BUT WERE PRITTY POOR UP FRONT TO BE HONEST. AS THE GAME WAS DRAWING IN FALMOUTH WERE PUSHING ON LEAVING THEMSELVES OPEN AT THE BACK IN WHICH TRURO POPED IN A THIRD LATE ON.

HAVING PLAYED TROON IN THE LAST ROUND OF THE JUNIOR CUP, I CAN CERTAINLY SAY THAT FALMOUTH ATHLETIC WILL HAVE TO BE 110% BETTER THAN THEY WERE TODAY OTHERWISE TROON WILL HAVE A FIELD DAY AGAINST THEM.

BEST OF LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS IN THAT GAME AND WELL DONE TO TRURO TODAY, THOROUGHLY DESERVED THERE WIN TODAY AND IM LED TO BELIVE THAT IT IS 6 WINS IN A ROW FOR THEM. WELL DONE

Cat i believe you may be write. Even the ref knew that the players aggie said were playing were not.

A bit harsh on the players as they deserved something from the game.... although hopefully this performance will gie chace the kick up the bum we need after a terrible first half performance and gave all four goals away from mistakes.

We may get the points but we still lost!!!!!!

Have to play 100% better in the cup next week against culdrose.

trispinho your write up is complete fantasy. you did not have the majority of play . fal ath were all over you for probaly 80% of the game . a one sided game i think you would say, the only thing fal did not do was hit the back of the net enough. you did play ok but not the way you made out and as for troon going to hammer us !!!!one thing i would say is that you need to control those idiots you call supporters on the line , what a bunch of tw**s. probaly best to leave the match reports to someone was wearing specs :yahoo: :yahoo:

Guest chacewater 7

yeah we were crap 2day spenny. much better 2nd half though.can c us losing on saturday if we dont pull our fingers out. missed darren bennetts at the back 2day but all there goals were mistakes from us.saying that we had enough chances 2 win the game in the 2nd half. couple of surprise results in our league 2day but when will mawnan drop points.they r running away with it! they will lose a few players when the cricket season starts though,they always do

Good day for Mawnan and i think the Aggie player was legitimate and they should keep the points ;)

Good game and at times some good football played on a pitch that soon turned into a bog. Thought our MoM was the Albion 8, every time we lost possesion he just gave it back to us, cheers! Maybe try putting as much effort into passing the ball as he does kicking other players he may find a blue shirt every once in a while.

Best of luck to Albion for the rest of the season fellas!

Chace no 7 we only have 1 cricketer and that Nooty in goal, just replace him with Justin Penhaliblahblah....lovely.

Guest chacewater 7

Good day for Mawnan and i think the Aggie player was legitimate and they should keep the points ;)

Good game and at times some good football played on a pitch that soon turned into a bog. Thought our MoM was the Albion 8, every time we lost possesion he just gave it back to us, cheers! Maybe try putting as much effort into passing the ball as he does kicking other players he may find a blue shirt every once in a while.

Best of luck to Albion for the rest of the season fellas!

Chace no 7 we only have 1 cricketer and that Nooty in goal, just replace him with Justin Penhaliblahblah....lovely.

ok ok so i may be wrong. as far as there player being legitimate i dont think he was cos a few of our players knew the guy who"s name was on the team sheet and he wasnt on the pitch. not that it matters now we still lost the game bud

Guest chacewater 7

Cant believe anyone would try that. Not exactly far apart in geography terms so surely they realise players are gonna know one another!

all i know is his name was sam something. i dont do the politics bud i just turn up put my boots on and play.

Falmouth albion v mawnan 1- 4

tough game for albion today ending in defeat.

albion often having control of the game but finishing was the differance with mawnan scoring some good goals.

albion much the fitter side as they usualy are!

man of the match joe benny.

my man of the match has to go to james eddy really worked his socks off at the back.

These post always make me chuckle....

Albion did not have much control over the game at all. If they did they would have carved out more chances today. I cannot really remember Mawnan's No 1 having much to do at all!

The Fitter side? Young lad's of today haven't got the natural fitness of boy's of time gone by. A few Albion players were huffing and puffing at the end of the first half! Some of these young wipper snappers need a kick up the backside when it comes to physical fitness. Techincally they are gifted but 90 minute match fit they are not!

This James Eddy must be the next big signing by old red nose fergy himself as he seems to be man of the match week in, week out!!!

From the sidelines it seems Mawnans old war horses rose to the challenge from a poor Boxing Day result!! Kudos to a very determined Penryn side! These old Trojan's are Fitter, Stronger and more determined than ever......

Mawnan fully deserving of their win today. Was hopeful of getting something today having drawn at theirs on opening day but not to be. Not sure if anyone can stop them winning the league but we're only in January so still plenty of time to go.

The main thing is all the other teams seem to keep beating each other.

Nakedfootballer - I think Mr Tape might be someone taking the piss. As for huffing and puffing - I think thats me about 2 minutes after kick off :D let alone half time. Mind you I dont lose any fitness from then on :D

By the way updated league table with all todays results is

FHFL 1 LEAGUE TABLE 10/1/09

Nakedfootballer - I think Mr Tape might be someone taking the piss. As for huffing and puffing - I think thats me about 2 minutes after kick off let alone half time. Mind you I dont lose any fitness from then on

I think you could be right Mr Shifty! There is an awful amount of people on here under false Pseudonyms with the intentions of causing mischief :SM_carton_y:

It was a very good game played out with the best intentions! Good luck to Albion for the season...

trispinho your write up is complete fantasy. you did not have the majority of play . fal ath were all over you for probaly 80% of the game . a one sided game i think you would say, the only thing fal did not do was hit the back of the net enough. you did play ok but not the way you made out and as for troon going to hammer us !!!!one thing i would say is that you need to control those idiots you call supporters on the line , what a bunch of tw**s. probaly best to leave the match reports to someone was wearing specs :yahoo::yahoo:

Falmouth, i (as in me) do not play nor am i associated with truro city football club but infact Trispen football club as my profile name somewhat suggests. I was actually there to watch steve coggins (a freind of mine) as a nuturel spectator. So my report was one of a non biased nature im afraid to tell you. Please feel free to write your own match report in future. As for troon, you would be stupid to think you can beat troon on todays performance( talking from experience). There were a few of the troon lads there today watching you, they left after 20 mins with big smerks on there faces. Read into that what you will.

As for the supporters, its a football match and thats what supporters do at football matches funny enough. Didnt take much notice of them to be honest as i was there with my 4 year old son kicking the ball around. You cant tell me that your home games are played in silence down in falmouth....no of course not your supporters are there probably in very vocal force??

Like i said in the original post, good luck in your game with troon and when i said you need to be 110% better than you were today it was me being helpful and not patronising.

All the best

Guest mauricio

Fal/Hel 3

Mullion 4 Cury 0

I can't believe nobody has asked about this result.

ME TOO!!!

was just waiting for someone to write a report first but i'll give my views.

Cury started better than us but we scored within the first 20min of first half.

Second half we played a lot better and scored 3 goals.

Great result for us because we haven't been playing that well recently.

Good luck for Cury for the rest of the season.

Ron tape are you sniffing glue? Joe benney did nothing all game, James eddy was nothing more than average and as for the fitness, leave it out tape man I know it's hard to get your head round that a bunch of 40 and 50 year olds can be fitter than a load of 9 year olds! X x x

Not sure about that patch. With his passing i spent most of the game turning around and having to look at Noots, not pretty, as he picked the ball up....again....and again.....and again.....and again....

Ron if thats really you you need to stop riding on the crazy train! The only time we felt under any real pressure was caused by ourselves. Im sorry but you cannot control a game and lose 4-1, it doesnt happen!!

The goalie is the only one that plays cricket shag

When Perranwell got smashed down there, the said "Goalie" didn't play, so he is not vital to the team, even tho he is a top notch kepper, and a good "wickie" too!!

Mawnan are on for the League but the rest are going to put up a fight!!

Mullion 4 - Cury 0

Cury were beaten by the better side today,they showed up defensive errors that weve got away with against worse sides,started well but after the 1st 20 minutes it was practically all mullion.no quarrels with the result although 3 of the goals were extremly sloppy and shouldve been dealt with but saying that its going to take some team to stop mullion winning everything this season.

referee had a decent game and good luck to mullion for the rest of the season(not that i think theyll need it)

Dangerous Dave is that your way of an apology? the game was called off due to frozen pitch! not the players fault, we wanted to play but if the pitch is frozen then what can we do! we contacted you as soon as we found out, no 3 points to you im affraid, you will have to beat us to get them!

Guest Mawnans no 9

patch and gillo what have i told you about getting into slagging matches on here ? We will be having a chat at training about this

as for the game today i thought we played well and deserved the 3 points, damo up front was in great form and was spreading the ball around well, we do have some tough games to come including pendeen home and away chacewater etc but i would say the titles is tied up allready we have got it.

Unofficial FHFL 2 League Table @ 10/01/2009

Many games called off due to bad weather.

Can anyone tell me of any points ajustments made recently because according to the West Briton, Mawgan are now down to 3 points.

Unofficial FHFL 3 League Table @ 10/01/2009

Frogpool v Trispen - Post

Hayle 5 Carharrack Res 2

Lizard 1 Ruan Minor 0

Mullion 4 Cury 0

Stitihains v St Day - Post