Cornwall Football Forum

FHFL Results 10/01/2009

Just incase anyone out there was still unsure about Mawnans no 9 real identity his latest statement should prove he is not associated with the club. Im either on hols,ill or injured and patch has family commitments on training nights so we are hardly ever there!

Can also state noone at the club is taking anything for granted and we all know we have a long way to go to even think about the title and have some massive games to get through so we will show the the upmost respect to every team we play.

Rich you've forgotten our game on the list.

FHFL Div 3:

Wendron IV 5 Constantine Res 0 HT 2-0

Played on the main pitch at Wendron.

Today marked the 500 Fal/Helston League game for Tony Pentecost, before the match a presentation was made to him from Wendrons president Jack Prowse to mark the occasion. I would just like to add my congratulations to Tony on achieving this amazing milestone :clapper:

The game started with Wendron appyling alot of pressure on Constantine, who defended well and created a few chances themselves. The deadlock was broken after approx 30 mins when our striker was brought down in the box, Mr Pentecost himself converted the penalty. A short while later we cleared a Constantine attack, the ball being played perfectly over the top for our winger to run onto and score. Constantine were dealt two blows just before half time with first their winger having to go off injured, followed by their centre back on the stroke of half time.

The second half started with Constantine coming at us, showing great spirit and determination to keep the game alive, this gave us our oppitunity to pressure them when spaces occured, and we took our chances, first through our striker after great work from our winger. This was followed by a 25 yard cracker from myself which went over the keeper before dipping under the bar :thumbsup: . The last goal was a good finish from an acute angle by our left winger.

Great game, played by both teams with determination but fairness, credit to Constantine for fighting to the end.

Goals:

Ryan Lewis, Alan Rogers, Pete Tully, Ben Schofield, Tony Pentecost - Pen

Pete

Trispinho, it is no wonder your in division 3 because you have no idea on how to play football. Fal/Hel div 1 is a very tough league just look at the rest of the results. Truro are certainly no mugs they are young and fit and beat us fair and square yesterday, however we tore this team apart in our home fixture 4-1 with Truro scoring in the last few minutes, Yesterday we kept Truro in their own half for long periods,we also lost our right and left fullbacks for the game and alot of rearranging took place, Credit to Truro they put their goals away well we struggled infront of goal. As for the 2 Troon boys who left after 20minutes I hope they do think we will be an easy hurdle to pass. A little bit like Robartes who stuffed Troon only a couple of weeks ago!

Well, well, well............the imposter has turned up once more.

As most people know there is only one 'Real Mawnan No9'. I can't believe anybody wants to be me; old, fat, unfit, slow, hairy (now going grey) but any way it was good to see Dean Stevens!! I wonder what name he would give the referee if he got booked, fortunately I'm already known by most.

Good to read some of the comments today, some very amusing but just to reply to Dean Stevens (Mawnans no 9 as he likes to be known or wishes he was) there is no thought or talk of winning the League, we take each game as it comes and we are all aware that we have the toughest run in of all the other teams.

Unfortunately we are also still in two other cup competitions which will provide more games for the old, over weight and unfit players I manage but as we have 38 players........oh got that wrong thats the teams average waist size, no the average age. Oh I can't remember how many players we've got, it's an age thing, nothing for Dean to worry about.........yet.

Question? (might be a good new subject)

Is there an older strike force than Mawnan's? Damo Stevens=38 + 1 week, Gregg Renfree=37 + 49 weeks, yes nearly 38 Damo but not yet - well you did ask me yesterday after we celebrated scoring....was it after your goal or my goal...........there it goes again Deano, memory......sometimes I don't even remember who I am!!!!!!!

if this is the real greg i can confirm i have nothing to do with false accounts , my opinion will come from me.

On the game yesterday i thought we didnt look up for it from the start and felt that if you give a team of your expeirence and ability the space we did you will murder any team which you did , good luck for the season

but you will have to find your next suspect as i can confirm it is not me

Fal/Hel 3

Mullion 4 Cury 0

I can't believe nobody has asked about this result.

ME TOO!!!

was just waiting for someone to write a report first but i'll give my views.

Cury started better than us but we scored within the first 20min of first half.

Second half we played a lot better and scored 3 goals.

Great result for us because we haven't been playing that well recently.

Good luck for Cury for the rest of the season.

great result 4 mullion boys cant believe mullion goalkeeper did not have a single save too make the whole game!! back 4 for mullion awsome!!! well done too the 16 and 17 yr old scorers! sorry reeder must not forget about yr goal! a good captains performance!

Dangerous Dave is that your way of an apology? the game was called off due to frozen pitch! not the players fault, we wanted to play but if the pitch is frozen then what can we do! we contacted you as soon as we found out, no 3 points to you im affraid, you will have to beat us to get them!

with all due respect, that is bull. We were playing crossbar challenge on your pitch for over half an hour. It was 8 degrees outside, anyone with half a brain cell will be able to work out that would have thawed a pitch. The grass was bone dry. Hopefully we will get the points as you guys done exactly the same to hayle the week before. I think that a frozen pitch is a bit of a lame excuse. But hell, if we have to play you later on in the season, then well done for pulling a fast one. Anyway, its all over with now. So best of luck for rest of the season, may see you or may not at some point before the end.

Trispinho, it is no wonder your in division 3 because you have no idea on how to play football. Fal/Hel div 1 is a very tough league just look at the rest of the results. Truro are certainly no mugs they are young and fit and beat us fair and square yesterday, however we tore this team apart in our home fixture 4-1 with Truro scoring in the last few minutes, Yesterday we kept Truro in their own half for long periods,we also lost our right and left fullbacks for the game and alot of rearranging took place, Credit to Truro they put their goals away well we struggled infront of goal. As for the 2 Troon boys who left after 20minutes I hope they do think we will be an easy hurdle to pass. A little bit like Robartes who stuffed Troon only a couple of weeks ago!

We did actually beat Truro city 3rds in the 2nd round of the junior cup 4-3 so i like to think i have some idea on how to play football. Yes FHFL 1 is very tough league and by the looks of it everybody is beating every one. Troon are definatley beat-able as robartes have proved and im sure they dont think there going to be in for a easy one. Good luck with the rest of your season.

Guest bunditheboss

we (portreath) played on a half frozon pitch and to tell the truth its no different to playing in the summer when the ground is solid, i tell you the problem its when the big guns in premiership and those sort of leagues cancel due to frozon pitches it causes all the little ego's of the lower leagues to think they are too good to play on a hard pitch.

so we can now ask which clubs aint gonna play when the sun comes along dries the pitches out and they become solid, coz there is no difference is a frozen pitch to a sumer dried pitch.

come on guys do everyone really want to play all there games at end of season all mid-week????

Dangerous Dave

there were four of us down there to mark the pitch and it was still frozen at 12.30 in the sun, down at the far end in the shade it wouldn't have thawed out by 14.30 if you heated it up with a flame thrower. I phoned your secretary on his home phone and on his mobile and left messages on both, We had a full squad and are well behind in our fixtures, Why wouldn't we want to play when we beat you at your place only a couple of weeks ago, so if you want to blame anyone blame your secretary for not letting you know. We will see you at our place soon!

• 4 weeks later...

Trispinho, hope you are pleased for Ath who improved above all expectation against Troon yesterday. Troon had 1 shot on goal and scored, plus four penalties, 3 of which they scored. Ath had six excellent goals and were well worth their place in the area final. Those 20mins watched against Truro were wasted. Time for you to climb down and give Ath credit where credits due m8!