Cornwall Football Forum

Wendron pitches and cancellations

On 13/12/08 St Just's game at Wendron was off because the pitch was deemed unfit.

However, I thought Wendron's second pitch, with boards round, had also been passed for Combo football.

I understand that their third team played an FHL match there on the same afternoon.

Surely this should have been cancelled and our match should have been transferred to the second pitch. Mullion did the same thing in the Combo two years ago and were deducted three points and fined £100.

Can anybody clarify the situation and the rules pertaining here ? :blink:

IsaacRodders/Asst Referee (retired)

You are correct in stating that Wendron has Two pitches that have qualified as suitable for playing senior football.

Regarding the cancellation of the Combination league fixture.

If there had not been a game already fixtured for that pitch (irrespective of league) then the Wendron v St Just game could have been played there.

However as there was, the game could not be played on the 2nd pitch

To my understanding there is also a ruling which states that 24hours notice is required before an alternative pitch can be used as the opposing team has to agree to the alternative venue.

I hope this clarifies the position

I am advised by the League Secretary that the alternative pitch has already been approved for use, so Wendron, like Culdrose, can elect to use whichever pitch is available and fit, but the senior match should automatically take priority unless the Junior match is in a CCFA competition, which on this day it was not. St Just were available to play at Wendron and a pitch could (and in my opinion as a mere supporter) should have been made available for the senior match.

Obviously it's up to St Just to decide whether they raise this formally with the league/CCFA. Since I am a mere humble spectator it is not my place to advise them that Wendron have broken a fundamental rule and that the league committee is empowered to award points or deal with the matter as they see fit. :Santa:

Wendron v St Just was the original fixtured match as per fixture kist supplied at the start of the season.

Combination League Rules State

Rule 10

© All matches must be played on the dates fixed by the League Fixture Secretary but priority shall be given to the Football Association and all County Association Competitions (some charity competitions excepted). All other matches must be considered subservient. Clubs may bring forward a match by mutual agreement and with the consent of the League Fixture Secretary.

I believe i need to help clarify this situation. As Steve said in an earlier post, yes our 3rd team had a game fixtured for the 2nd pitch on the same day.

But in the end both the 1st pitch and the 2nd pitch were deemed unplayable on the 13/12/08, our 3rd team played on our 3rd pitch at Rame, against Caharack, and won 4-0. Neither of the pitches on the main ground were played on due to too much water being held on the pitch, making them very very soft and dangerous in places. This was why the St Just game had to be postponed.

Our 1st team game was also called off this day at Falmouth for the same reasons.

I hope this solves the issue stated.

Pete

Can somebody from Carharrack confirm that they played on a kids' pitch at Rame rather than at Wendron ? This does not conform with the facts previously reported. Please could someone from Wendron also name the senior referee who inspected the second pitch and decided that it was unfit for St Just to play on ? Obviously I have nothing to do with the St Just club apart from being a humble supporter, but my advice to its secretary would be to claim the points if this information is not satisfactorily provided. This requires a letter to Brian Harris.

Thank you for keeping your perimeter in such excellent condition, Paps. Mother's tour of inspection was successful. This kind of pleasant perambulation is impossible on some grounds in the area, strewn as they are with builders' rubble, litter and other unpleasant evidence of what the locals get up to on summer nights. So nice to hear from John Mead , as always a crystalline authority on everything. Yes, John, this was an original fixture, a rare event once Mr Roberts gets going with his little crooked pen, although I find that Helston and Wendron face far less interference than most.

Happy New Year to all, even Iamthebest.

You are the best what ? Village idiot ? We should hold a competition every year somewhere central, like Summercourt. It could be an added attraction on Fair Day, 25 September. The winner could become Fixture and Registration Secretary of the JCCL.

Can somebody from Carharrack confirm that they played on a kids' pitch at Rame rather than at Wendron ?

Our 3rd pitch is not a kids pitch mate, that pitch is a very nice playing surface considering it doesnt get maintained to the same standard our other pitches are. This pitch is as good a standard as some higher level pitches, biggest problem is the wind up there. So please wind your neck in on something you have no information or experience in recent years of.

Explain why your trying to stir up controversy about this? The game will be played again when it is rescheduled the pitch is safe to play, where's the problem?

Pete

deano u charmer lol we can always count on you to try ur luck wit the lovley ladys. althou id like to add that ur not the only one who thingd tha Mr Rosenberg is a prat. and good on you ronin for speakin your mind back to old isaac. have a good newyear deano see you soon bud

Most illiterates prefer insulting the messenger to considering the message. By being so attracted to you, iamthebest, Ronin is merely reverting to her true origins. Lack of class, unlike form, is permanent.Thank you, Mr Tully, but I already have a "mate" called Sheila. I am not really concerned with the status of a farmer's field behind The Halfway House, but with two substantive questions, neither of which you have managed to answer, questions which I will repeat:

1) Which senior referee inspected Wendron's second pitch, confirming that it was unfit ?

2) Can anybody from Carharrack confirm your story ?

No idea whether Kev Glenville has written to the Combo....up to him, it is not for me to claim any points ! As for failing to win, have a look at the Tinners' recent run.

It's not that I'm a snob, but when people like you are critical of me, I know I'm correct. Prats come in various guises, but I'm fortunate enough not to be one of the stupid varieties. I expect there will now be a giant silence. Don't engage your brain during it:the neighbours will be kept awake by the ticking. :D

Issac Rosenburg

question 1,

The Referee was "Colin Gamov " Better known as the "Raven"

question 2,

Carharrack can confirm the "Story" as "Noah's Ark" after all that rain they had to release the "Raven" first.

Never read such a c**p Topic after a week of heavy rain loads of games called off, you need to keep on moaning that you did,nt play. Would you feel the same if you were playing on pitch 2, and Wendron 1st team game across and told you that they were now going to play their game instead of yours? You are making Wendron out as liars before you got any facts!

That could only happen if the second pitch has been asuthorised for SWPL use.Has it ? It has been authorised for JCCL. There is nobody called Gamov in the FA Handbook. I do like a good pun followed by a Biblical allusion. Deeply droll. Read Combo Rule 10, quoted above by CTB, before next post.

No-one has "called anybody a liar": please don't descend to that primitive level of face-saving in a rational debate ! :clapper:

That could only happen if the second pitch has been asuthorised for SWPL use.Has it ? It has been authorised for JCCL. There is nobody called Gamov in the FA Handbook. I do like a good pun followed by a Biblical allusion. Deeply droll. Read Combo Rule 10, quoted above by CTB, before next post.

No-one has "called anybody a liar": please don't descend to that primitive level of face-saving in a rational debate ! :clapper:

with regards to this question, i can answer. Yes it has been passed for senior football, so if needed it could be used by the 1st team. With regards to the question about whether Cahrrack can confirm, please ask Mr rich chown, he will confirm it was played on the 3rd pitch. If you really are going to pursist with this then i'll will go out of my way to try and establish who the ref was, if you obviously wont believe what Kev has stated

By being so attracted to you, iamthebest, Ronin is merely reverting to her true origins.

When did I say I was attracted to him? :blink: All I said was "I like you". I like a lot of people (obviously not YOU Mr Beer - we all have our standards) but that doesn't mean I am attracted to them does it? As for reverting to my origins... well I originate from Manchester but find myself most definately in Perranporth today therefore that is also obviously not true. In keeping with the season of goodwill I will excuse your errors Mr Beer, as I do find it amusing how you manage to turn most situations into an opportunity to have a pop at me and wait with baited breath for your next (unsuccessful) attempt to belittle me :D

And Deano.... it's still no to dinner I'm afraid ^_^

Issac it is not face-saving and yes i have read the rules, you were told by Wendron that the game was off. You were also told on this forum that the Fal/Hel league game was played at Rame. but you want Carharrack to confirm this. The whole topic clearly shows that you do not believe a word that Wendron officials have told you therefore you have indirectly suggested that they are infact not telling the truth. IF you got 3 points from this St Just are not going to win the league except the actions and go into the new year with clean slate!

Still no answer regarding the referee. Deafening silence from Carharrack. Read Rule 10: unless a Combo league game was called off after pitch inspection(s) by an appropriate senior referee, Wendron are in breach of rules. In similar circumstances three seasons ago Mullion were docked 3 and fined 100. Yes, of course the fixture will be replayed: I've never suggested it shouldn't be. I'm just fascinated to see whether the rules are applied even-handedly when Mr John Roberts's second favourite club is involved.

Iamthebest, you're too upmarket: they don't do "dinner"in Manchester.....offer her a dead cat and some mushy peas from the dustbin !

Talking of fish, poor girl: she writes that she has "baited" rather than "bated" breath. Baited with what, Hun ? Using such bait, what might be caught ? Ah, the joy of festive puns. :Santa:

Isaac,Wendron couldn't have called the game off,only the appointed match official or a person approved by the league has that power,this was obviously the case,or by now a league statement would have been released.

A game just doesn't get cancelled,the official who cancelled it files a report to the league.

I think you'll find that Topcat wasn't stating Wendron 1sts could play on that pitch,he was just stating a"what if" scenario,although obviously i'm just stating the obvious,and not claiming to speak on his behalf!

A "league statement", Whistleblower !!!

This is the committee that turned down an offer of free laptops a few years ago on the grounds that they didn't know anybody who was on this world wide net thingy so they didn't think it would catch on !

You obviously haven't followed the desperate struggles of a few well-intentioned souls to drag the poor old Combo to the realisation that telling people or even the press what is happening can be advantageous. Particularly where one of Roberts's patronage clubs is concerned, nothing will happen unless another club puts in a complaint. :blink:

Guest mauricio

this topic goes on and on and on .......

i think i would rather play the game on a diferent date and win the 3 points on the pitch than winning them without playing.... thats my opinion anyway :)

I agree with Mauricio. Thanks, Mr Chown: (I don't always get PMs for some reason). I wouldn't put in any kind of complaint, Mr Tully: I am a private individual, not a club representative. There was no need to be rude, but I will not compound this by being rude in return. As an observer of the Combo League, it will be interesting to see whether they take any action, having been made aware that no appropriate referee was involved in this decision, despite the league rules requiring this. I confidently predict that no action will be taken. My motive in highlighting this at such length is to illustrate the continuing inconsistency, bias and corruption of John Roberts. In answer to Whistleblower, I have no grudge against Wendron or any other club. I believe that all 20 clubs deserve the fair and even-handed administration which the better members of the lague committee also seek.

There are no senior referees now resident in St Just. If on some future occasion they cancel a match without going by the book, let's see how Mr Roberts reacts. :clapper:

i wouldnt worry pete issac is just a pathetic person who trys to find the littlest thing to argue about and then trys to state every rule in the book to back it up. its happened they didnt play get over it! im sure issac would of been moaning if you played it on the second pitch aswell stating that he cant beleive its fit for combo football because by playing on the pitch for many games i realy dont think it is. anyway il leave issac sit here and explain his sad life on here cheerss now

I couldn't give tuppence ha'penny who wins, draws, loses, plays, doesn't play and so on in this fixture, but cutting through all the crap you lot have written, there is still uncertainty about "who" called the game off. It does not appear to have been fully clarified.

No smoke without fire................eh?

As long as the League are satisfied that the game was postponed in the proper maner, there is no need for anyone to "clarify" the situation on an internet forum. If there is any doubt about the situation it would be investigated at the next League meeting (in February) by those elected to do so.

Of course, John. We can always count on the upright behaviour of elected representatives like Roberts and James, can't we ? And then, of course, there's the little matter that the particular "club representatives" on the disciplinary committee are shoo-ins and mates of said hofficers. How dare I question the whole corrypt fandango ? I bet they're glad they've got somebody with a good reputation like yours to defend them. Don't do it too often: you'll end up getting mistaken for Comical Ali. :drink: