Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL RESULTS Wednesday 10th Spetember

Eight, what I would call first teamers Steve.

Goals from Dean Stamp and Martin Watts (2).

Without knowing the left full back for Truro the only regular second teamers would be Martyn Moon and Andy Van Evelingen.

Dan Stevenson played in goal, Graeme Power at centre-half.

Chris Reski, Joe Broad (I think), Matt Bye and Martin Watts in midfield with Dean Stamp and Shane Tolley up front.

Chris Reski sent off by Chris Stevens two minutes from time for second bookable offence, Mark Kershaw replied for the G, scoring straight from a corner.

Parkway 1-1 St Blazey.

I didnt go to this one tonight as ive spent all day at Treliske where my second daughter was born at 10.54am. A long but happy day. :)

Just got home to see Bodmin lost at home and St Blazey drew away to keep up their unbeaten record against Parkway. A fantastic result (and i predicted this one).

St Blazey play Tavi at home on saturday which looks a hard fixture after tonights result for them.

Any reports from Parkway? Good crowd? Surly a bad night to play this, what with England playing!!

Firstly - Congratulations to Paul.......... pleased to hear your good news.

As regards Truro - Joe Broad did NOT play - and 3 of the others mentioned have NOT featured yet this season in the 1st Team.

Tonights attendance at Treyew Road was officially 104 but for one reason or another [other teams returning from training etc] there were a lot more than that in the ground.

Guest Uncle Albert

Bodmin 0 Tavistock 1. More people in the social club watching England match than there were outside in the pouring rain - the ones who stayed inside were good judges!

This was a shock defeat for the champions but they were far from their best against a Tavvy team who defended resolutely and broke well, often opening up Bodmin's square defence.

The goal came in the 63rd minute. There was a mad scramble in the six yard box and the ball ended up in the net. Shane Krac got the final touch, and Bodmin keeper Kevin Miller was booked for dissent after apparently moaning that he had been fouled.

Johnny Morris missed Bodmin's best chance to equalise but the home side were unusually edgy and rushed several late opportunities, when a bit more patience might have produced an equaliser.

Tavistock were understandably delighted afterwards. A terrific result for them, and I for one felt they deserved it.

Bodmin: Miller, Morris, Morgan, Chambers, Simmonds, Turner, Gilbert, Campbell, O'Hagan, Berry, Ovens. Subs: Flynn and Mullis.

Tavistock: Meads, Arscott, Bevan, Krac, David, Stringer, Honey, Southgate, Carter, Hallett, Steer. Subs: Conday, Pethick, Pugh.

PS: Congratulations to Paul. A day you'll never forget.

South West Peninsula Premier

1 Buckland Athletic 7 5 1 1 18 8 10 16

2 Ivybridge Town 6 4 1 1 18 8 10 13

3 Dartmouth 5 4 1 0 15 5 10 13

4 Plymouth Parkway 7 3 2 2 23 11 12 11

5 Torpoint Athletic 7 3 1 3 10 17 -7 10

6 Cullompton Rangers 5 3 0 2 13 7 6 9

7 Saltash United 4 2 1 1 9 7 2 7

8 St Blazey 4 2 1 1 7 5 2 7

9 Bodmin Town © 3 2 0 1 10 1 9 6

10 Newton Abbot (P) 4 2 0 2 8 7 1 6

11 Clyst Rovers 4 2 0 2 10 10 0 6

12 Tavistock 3 2 0 1 4 7 -3 6

13 Newton Abbot Spurs 6 2 0 4 8 12 -4 6

14 Wadebridge Town (P) 3 1 1 1 6 8 -2 4

15 Launceston 4 1 1 2 8 12 -4 4

16 Liskeard Athletic 3 1 0 2 5 8 -3 3

17 Witheridge 5 0 2 3 4 7 -3 2

18 Falmouth Town 2 0 0 2 1 8 -7 0

19 Elburton Villa 4 0 0 4 2 12 -10 0

20 Holsworthy 4 0 0 4 1 20 -19 0

Ok BigG, no worries, I don't keep myself too much up-to-date with the goings on at Treyew Road so I just heard the names and presumed that they were first team players, god knows how I thought it was Joe Broad playing in the centre of midfield then!!

Wonder if it'll be a similar team when I see them, next, when they play St Austell in a midweek charity cup game.

Gareth,

apart from some exemptions - as mentioned above - there were a few 1st team players in there for Truro -

Shane Tolley, Martin Watts, Chris Reski.

One thing that all Truro supporters were saying was that what a fine footballing team Godolphin were - they contributed to a very good match and were always a threat - apart from some great goalkeeping from Dan Stevenson [in the City goal] the result could have been completely different.

I agree it was a very entertaining game, especially the first half. I thought Godolphin approached the game in a very positive manner and they played some outstanding football. There was no better player on the pitch than Sam Eglington he was immense. I also thought Mark Kershaw and Phil Lowry had very good games for the G. When Kershaw pulled one back the G had a great 10 minute spell near the end of the game and it would have been very interesting if Phil Lowry's speculative effort from 40 yards had gone in instead of going just wide. Truro were good in spells and the free kick for the third goal could not have been executed any better. I was a little disappointed with the attitude of some of Truro's players towards the officials, they could do worse than read up on the FA's new initiative RESPECT. I spoke with one of the Truro subs who told me that Truro had EIGHT non regular second teamers playing. The G will certainly be a force to be reckoned with in this League this season. Good luck to them!

Bomin 0-1 Tavistock eh, well thats the same result as last year and it was midweek then aswell. Spooky

First SWPL league defeat for Bodmin since last October.

Only Dartmouth unbeaten in the SWPL(P)

Ends 27 games (14 at Home) unbeaten

Also ends 11 consecutive Home wins-All SWPL(P) records.

Top 4 clubs from Devon leading the SWPL(P) table or 5 out of the top 6.

Is the Cornish dominance on the wane?

I watched the Parkway vs Blazey game.

To be honest teh conditions were horrible but the pitch held up very well indeed.

BOth BLazey and Parkway contested very well in the first 15 minutes neither side letting up, it wasnt long for the nutoriuos Danny Bance to put in a badly timed bad tackle to say the least on James Alexander (Jimbo), i would say after about 15 mins. Bance got a yellow card had it been later in the game maybe a red, and Jimbo had to go off injured, where 2nd team player who has featured quite a bit this year for the parkway first team came on and played very well and i believe was m.o.m!!! So well done Phil Daniel....

Parkway stepped up after 20 mins and starting to play good football could have and should have gone 2-0 up before Blazey had a chance. But again goals win games and they didnt score. Blazey hit back late in the first half and scored through new signing from Ivybridge (OGGY) sorry thats all i know of the name. Blazey defence held up well against Chris Wright who was outstanding all game but just couldnt get the break through. The Blazey defence had Adam BAnce and Rob Brimin at he heart and they played very well indeed.

Second half PArkway threw everything at Blazey but again just couldnt get the break through i dont even think Blazey had a shot second half.... Blazey worked very hard for the point. Ross Saint scored with a well taken shot after great work form Chris Wright to set him free

Truro City's First Team is.

Rice, McConnell, Martin, Smith, Ash, Broad, Taylor, Hockley, Yetton, Watkins and Walker.

The only one of those mentioned as playing against Gololphin was Joe Broad who someone now says didn't play, to me no one was hard done by.

Reski, Tolley, Bye, Watts and Chapman normally warm the subs bench enjoying few minutes on the pitch if any, I see nothing wrong with first team squad members having the occasional run out in the reserves especially in readiness for the forthcoming FA Cup tie against opposition from a higher level in football's Pyramid.

As for the Charity Cup, I doubt if any of the first eleven will take part or those from the subs bench.

City work harder on their pre match warm up than many teams work during the game, just a few players shredding the ring rust.

TRUST hansome dan to spill the beans about a good Christmas :drink: :thumbsup: