Cornwall Football Forum

Unwanted baggage at Truro these days?

I don't know, but there seems to be an awful lot of what i can only describe as "unwanted baggage" when i go to watch Truro these days.

Some of the accusations are quite frankly terrible slurs on the credibility of the high profile individuals at the club, and one hopes for their sakes that these suggestions about them are utter fabrication.

But from all accounts there seems to be developing a rift between supporters and the club. The latest suggestion I was only told earlier in the week was that there were problems with the "fans forum". In particular people being removed from positions on it; postings being vetted; with the alleged suggestion that the club wanted to either take it back under their wing to "police", or that it might be shut down all together!

Now I hope it is purely a coincidence,, but as i write this, the forum is offline! Will it be for permanent or not?

What is happening on the pitch seems to be more than satisfactory to everyone, but off it, well that's a different story, if one believes half of what is being bandied about.

All I can do at this stage is hope that the forum is only temporarily unavailable to its supporters. They should all be allowed to voice their opinions, good or bad, without fear of retribution.

In the meantime, all Truro supporters - despite what you may think, this is an open invitation for you use this forum. :D

Guest crosser

If the forum has been removed and thats a big if, It is probably for the right reasons there are places that supporters can discuss the goings on in the club here for example that can't really cause the club any grief. Even though it was deemed an unofficial fans forum it was on the official website so the club would have some responsibility for the postings on it.

I don't visit many league or non league clubs websites but I can imagine there are not many official sites that have forums allowing supporters carte blanche on what they say.

Ironically at this same stage last season the powers to be at St Blazey also had to remove the forum from their website which was a shame as there were very often some interesting debates and humour too!

Had to be ruined though by the idiot sector of society that we all have to suffer on a daily basis unfortunately. :angry:

Lafs, the issue here was with a thread last week concerning Glyn Hooper. What started off as a well meaning post wishing Hoops well for the future quickly turned into a series of accusations alleging he 'shafted' the club and turned his back on the youth. The thread was then locked, but left on the forum for all to read the biased account.

I read the thread on Monday after returning from holiday, and was disgusted at the content. As an administrator of the forum I unlocked the topic, added a post of my own hoping to redress the balance a little, and re-locked it. Within 30 minutes (at the vice chairman's command) the other administrator had deleted the whole thread, deleted me as an administrator, and removed moderation rights from my standard login name - all without even contacting me to discuss the content of my post.

So in this case there was no idiotic behaviour by a random poster, just an (ex) administrator defending an individual who, along with Dave Leonard, took the club to new heights. The club took exception and, in my opinion, totally over-reacted to the situation.

The TCFC forum has been down since yesterday, there was a threat to close it down but I think it's just for site maintenance. Good job there's the CSF to keep us going!! Coincidentally, someone's started a new forum, labelled '100% UNOFFICIAL' as an alternative to the TCFC forum. Who knows, at this rate it may be the replacement! Find it here: TigerTalk

To be honest i`ve always thought that there is no place for a forum on an OFFICIAL website as it will always run into trouble no matter what people think, At the end of the day there is only cornwallfootballforum that allows you to have freedom of speech as it is not associated with any club or organisation however if topics did get out of hand with serious accusations then of course they will be removed within reason.

Official website with a forum spells disaster from the start.

Paparazzi, you're spot on.

CSF does a fantastic job right across the County. Hopefully, TigerTalk will give Truro fans the same freedom of speech and right of reply at 'club' level. I'm sure it will take a while to build up, but I wish them all the best!

Come to think of it, I'm going to register now!

Dustin, I can understand you're torn, but I'm pleased it's been set up (not least because of what happened to me on Monday! :D )

I think (and hope) it will be the 'Truro Popular Front' - power to the people! (maybe the administrators will sport Che Guevara berets!) Early signs look good, and I see you've registered!

GOOD LUCK TO 'EM - THAT'S WHAT I SAY!

Yes, I registered -- split custody might work out.

It's just too bad it's come to this -- I can't say it had to come to this -- and I hope the new "100% unofficial" forum doesn't become a venue for criticizing the Club and the Supporters. Or that the gratitude we feel toward Lenny and Hoops becomes an excuse for always bitching about the new team and never giving them credit, or holding them to impossible standards. Making a fetish of the past is a good way to guarantee dissatisfaction with the present (I'm a Liverpool supporter; I should know!).

I don't think it will degenerate to an 'anti-Truro' forum at all. I've read on there somewhere from the site admin that that's NOT the purpose - so they've obviously thought about it and made a pre-emptive strike! However, I think more latitude will be given to opposing sides of arguments - but then, that's what the old forum should have been allowed to do.

It is the exact rerason why the ECPL does not have and hopefully never will have a forum on its web site. I thought the Truro City forum was ok, then it became a supporters forum and now if everyone is right it does not have one at all. To be honest the TCFC web site also seems to be in a bit of a mess. The unnofical, Supporters and Away Travel sites are virtually non existant. And the Latest club and football news is nearly two months out of date. There is also no match reports.

Not the best advertisement for the club and its fans at all. It is a shame. The club has come so far and now it could be about to implode or is that to harsh. Perhaps the club is cutting back on costs, perhaps there are a few within the club who are causing problems from within.

It has a second team and a ladies team and neither have any info that is up to date The second team does not even have a fixtures list and the ladies team seem non existant.

There again there is always the Cornish Soccer Forum.

Had to be ruined though by the idiot sector of society that we all have to suffer on a daily basis unfortunately.

Lafs mentioned the above in an earlier post on this thread, which regrettably is quite often the truth. However, I think in the case of the forum we're specifically discussing here - it was a case of the forum being "over-policed" in as much as anything that faintly construed criticism of the club was frowned upon. The recent "Glyn Hooper" topic being a prime example.

Guest crosser

I've said it, paparazzi has said it and ECPL has said it, an official site is no place for a fans forum. The club is asking for trouble by having it there hence the policing of the site,

another point is how come the latest news hasn't changed since the end of july?

I asked about the updates (see "lack of") recently and the response was that the Club are looking for a new site admin -- I guess the last one has gone? Anyway, it's in the works, apparently.

And it is true that "there's always the Cornish Soccer Forum" (great for lots of reasons) but given that every third post would be from one of the Negative Chorus about Heaney's money or "buying the league", how much fun would that be for the City support?

Guest crosser

And it is true that "there's always the Cornish Soccer Forum" (great for lots of reasons) but given that every third post would be from one of the Negative Chorus about Heaney's money or "buying the league", how much fun would that be for the City support?

:D don't worry about it i've joined tigertalk so i can post all my heaneys buying the league there anyway :P

Well I would like to put the other side of the coin so the whole truth is out in the open and not just half a story, The Clubs unofficial forum has crashed the main server went down on Thursday night and has affected many of the freeboards I was informed today but as soon as the problem is resolvee it will return.

The club are looking for a new webmaster since the above player mention has left and has not got the time to do it hence why little has been updated on the main page of the site thought fixtures and results are being updated.

With reference to Duchy Will aka Mr.Carter being removed as a administrator this is true and although he was given a chance to ring the club he declined so the club took the action which I suppose you would describe it as misconduct he was given the chance but refused to talk about it to senior members of the club.

There are many reasons I could go into but feel its not appropriate here, its a pity that the story was not looked into more before publishing, these forums can be as dangerous as well as useful but ours will always lay open to people with a hidden agenda or malice using it its a balance we look to keep and will maintain that in the future.

With reference to the Hooper story I did quote some of the comments posted from this website,members had expressed their views on why he turned down the Reserve team job and to have a chance to work with the youth instead of joining Penzance.

Thanks for coming on Robin and putting the other side of the situation.

With regard to the Glyn Hooper thread you had on your forum - yes you did use the opening part of the original from mine that I posted on this Forum, and if I remember rightly, there was also a similar mention later down it about wouldn't it be good if the likes of Glyn tried their hand at a lower club - to help that club etc etc.

However, the thread that appeared on your forum went into a lot more questionable debate, that frankly made me think that either they had very short memories or they weren't real supporters of Truro City FC.

Yet again, the truth is skewed. For those who actually care, this is what happened:

I defended Glyn Hooper.

The whole thread was deleted.

'admin1' was deleted.

'DuchyWill' moderation rights were removed

ALL without any attempt to contact me first (against the agreed protocol of the forum - which has since been removed by Mr Netherton)

Not until I questioned these actions was I texted with a demand to call Mr Webb (who has my number, so could have contacted me). The time was inappropriate as I was seething from the above actions, and may have said something I regretted. However, I did speak to Mr Webb later in the day, when we were both less angry and had a rational conversation - something which would not have happened had I called earlier.

Robin, please don't say that my refusal to contact the club led to these actions being taken - that is a blatant lie.

I'm at a loss to see where 'misconduct' comes from!

Meanwhile.................

Truro are playing away at Windsor tomorrow -

Good luck to the boys - hope we come away with a win and 3 more points on the Southern League Board.

Mr.Deacon - you have opened up an interesting and lively topic here - I would only take issue with one point you made in your opening post. You state 'A rift between the Club and its Supporters' - I would prefer to have seen - 'A rift between the Club and a FEW of its Supporters' - the majority of Supporters are completely unaware of this issue and will continue to back the Club in its new Southern League campaign.

Quite true Darren -

The majority do have no idea what goes on behind the scenes -

They have no idea of how much work, enthusiasm, dedication and hard endeavour is put in by many people that helps to keep the Club going.

The majority turn up each week hoping to see the club continue to progress and climb up the League ladder and to support them on their journey - but what goes on 'behind the scenes' is a mystery to them - as it is to most supporters of most clubs in this land.

Big G, I completely agree.

When I was stewarding, and then on the gate, I would not be able to enjoy the whole match because of various other things I had to do. Seeing as this was my original reason for going, I decided to stick to being a supporter of the team.

So I take my hat off to you and all the other stewards who have given up a lot of time - not only during the match, but on Saturday mornings to pass your NVQ's, and for the hours before and after the match when you have to be in attendance.

Big G, I completely agree.

When I was stewarding, and then on the gate, I would not be able to enjoy the whole match because of various other things I had to do. Seeing as this was my original reason for going, I decided to stick to being a supporter of the team.

So I take my hat off to you and all the other stewards who have given up a lot of time - not only during the match, but on Saturday mornings to pass your NVQ's, and for the hours before and after the match when you have to be in attendance.

Ihave to agree with you on that one Colin.Anyone who gets involved in that are true supporters.

And as for Darrens comment about the supporters not knowing what goes on behind the scenes,may I remind you that no club is perfect,NOT EVEN LIVERPOOL.

KIT.

Sadly we see some rubbish put on clubs forums that has to be removed and thats why the St Blazey forum was closed down. A big shame as visiting fans and clubs we played in F.A comps would come to the forum and set the banter going for any big games. Crook Town fans were a great bunch.

As for the Glynn story, may I remind anyone who wants to slate him that it was Truro to begged and begged for him to go there in the first place so bad luck if it didnt end so well.

Meanwhile.................

Truro are playing away at Windsor tomorrow -

Good luck to the boys - hope we come away with a win and 3 more points on the Southern League Board.

Mr.Deacon - you have opened up an interesting and lively topic here - I would only take issue with one point you made in your opening post. You state 'A rift between the Club and its Supporters' - I would prefer to have seen - 'A rift between the Club and a FEW of its Supporters' - the majority of Supporters are completely unaware of this issue and will continue to back the Club in its new Southern League campaign.

The Truro City support at Windsor yesterday was 100%, reading the threads I feared for the worse, there was no anti Truro feeling and the 'schoolboy' squabbles not mentioned, what there WAS were supporters chanting for the team, chants in support of Sean, Newts, Webby and ALL THINGS Truro City.

Windsor demonstrated that Truro City ARE NOT a club in disarray.

Briefly, what happened between previous Management/coaches were employer/employee relations and NOTHING to do with any of us, we in our own employment wouldn't want our work differences aired in public, to do so on the Truro City fan forum was UNFAIR, as an employer the club were legally unable to defend any accusations being bandied about, a couple of us mentioned that the matter should be closed, shortly after it was, it became a locked thread, each side had had their say, if the thread had been removed then it would have been censorship, therefore it remained, END OF STORY - NO, it was reopened, posted on and relocked, it would have been better to let sleeping dogs lie.

500 fans demonstates almost all is well at Truro City.

Fans will be fickle, that's part of their make-up! But at the end of the day,providing the team is successful out there on the pitch, for 90 minutes each game, they will back the team and not show any concern about the politics within the club.

It's only when they haven't got a game to occupy their minds, that they go off on one talking and spreading rumours that quite frankly are quite scary! :(

Dave,

As a Truro exile, Windsor was only 20 odd miles from home, an old man turning up to see City was fortunate enough to enjoy being with the travelling support, I hope to see many of them for the next game at AFC Hayes, the entry into the Southern League has done a lot towards my social habits, when you are in your 70's most of your old mates are gone or too infirm to go out, there was a time I had a season ticket at the crematorium saying my goodbyes. It is a culture shock when you find mates a bit thin on the ground, especially if like me you have always been involved in sport. I find 544 miles return trip too far to drive for home games, unless it is another Curzon Ashton, I drove to both of those.

There is something to be said for car share but you have to have someone to share with.

:SM_carton: - -That unwanted baggage - - - :SM_carton:

:SM_carton: Couldn't it be lost at Terminal 5 :SM_carton:

This reminds me of an unofficial Hereford United forum but it was not on the official club website. All the administrators were long term season ticket holders.

The main couple of administarors went on holiday and a thread started that knocked certain staff members/admistrators in the club. The owner/manager, Grahem Turner took exception to the thread and cancelled the season tickets of the administrators, wanted an official apology and the site closed down.

There was hell-up about it up there. In the end they had a face to face meeting and the administrators got back their season tickets, but they closed the site. Now the forums for the Bulls are semi-official.

I personally have said that TCFC were daft to have a forum on their site where anyone can say anything until it is spotted and removed. No matter what, it makes it look like an official forum and the views are the club's views. Most people don't look at the small print.