Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Tuesday 27 February 2024

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Tuesday 27 February 2024
25 minutes ago, Deano said:

Falmouth 2 - 0 Buckland Ath 

Hutchinson x 2 

( 1, 4) 

2 quickfire goals from Cam have cemented his place at the top of this seasons club goalscoring chart.And in the process helping town to a league double over the Bucks, consolidating 3rd place and opening up a 4 point gap over them with 4 games in hand.

Is that Buckland Athletics TSWL season all but over now ? Looking at the league table would say they are unlike to be involved in the play-offs. The club must be overall disappointed with their season

That aside, with top 5 looking likely to be Helston, Clevedon, Falmouth, Barnstaple and Bridgwater, with plenty of matches still to play, who is going to finish top ?

Led to believe you are experiencing a wet winter, it could be worse, we have 200mm of snow here in the US.

11 minutes ago, Leroy said:

Is that Buckland Athletics TSWL season all but over now ? Looking at the league table would say they are unlike to be involved in the play-offs. The club must be overall disappointed with their season

Sadly, yes think it may all be over (barring a miracle & set of unexpected results). 

A routine win for Town. Two goals in the first four minutes ended the game before it had hardly begun. Town had further opportunities in a good first half showing.

Buckland had more possession and threat second half but struggled to create clear openings. Another disappointing performance in a below par season. The squad the Bucks have should comfortably be in a playoff spot. I’m at a loss to figure what has gone wrong and why. Can’t wait for the lovely set up comments once more …..zzzzz

I’ve seen Buckland 3 times this season. A PSF, cup game and last night at Falmouth - poor and beaten on each occasion 😞 

Lastly thank you to a Bude supporting Jambo on this forum for the lift last night, although I hope you get pumped in the Edinburgh derby tonight!!

26 minutes ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

A routine win for Town. Two goals in the first four minutes ended the game before it had hardly begun. Town had further opportunities in a good first half showing.

Buckland had more possession and threat second half but struggled to create clear openings. Another disappointing performance in a below par season. The squad the Bucks have should comfortably be in a playoff spot. I’m at a loss to figure what has gone wrong and why. Can’t wait for the lovely set up comments once more …..zzzzz

I’ve seen Buckland 3 times this season. A PSF, cup game and last night at Falmouth - poor and beaten on each occasion 😞 

Lastly thank you to a Bude supporting Jambo on this forum for the lift last night, although I hope you get pumped in the Edinburgh derby tonight!!

Lovely set up though. 😁

2 hours ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

A good squad doesn’t always form a good team, but they seem very close, as I heard Steve Massey suggest on the Rappo and Deacs latest podcast they’re a good side and can see them making the playoffs. One key signing to shake up the team could do it for them, providing that vital missing cog for the run in could do it for them. It’s worth the risk in my opinion, as they can’t seem to put a winning run together with their current squad.

33 minutes ago, Yourhavingalaugh said:

A good squad doesn’t always form a good team, but they seem very close, as I heard Steve Massey suggest on the Rappo and Deacs latest podcast they’re a good side and can see them making the playoffs. One key signing to shake up the team could do it for them, providing that vital missing cog for the run in could do it for them. It’s worth the risk in my opinion, as they can’t seem to put a winning run together with their current squad.

The teams just below them have several games in hand in some cases. Bucks will need to win virtually all remaining games to have any chance of the playoffs. I’d say easy for Mass to be nice after Helston beat Bucks!  

For one of most peoples’ title favourites they just haven’t been good enough! Disappointing from the club I used to watch regularly. On the plus side, the basis of what should be a good side is there. Wish them well. Still think Dan Hart is a good coach. Patience, yes more of it, needed again!

31 minutes ago, Yourhavingalaugh said:

They are still in the play off positions. We're getting to that stage of the season where "points on the board against games in hand" is the debate. Buckland have the points and no guarantee that  Barnstaple will pick up points from their games in hand. Still a lot of football to play, and a chance that the teams around will slip up.

2 hours ago, Yourhavingalaugh said:

Having seen the Bucks a couple of times this season, I think they have the players there but the system doesn't seem to suit the personnel. Danny Lewis would've got more out of this current group.

41 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Glad to say you'll be able to listen to Dan Hart's thoughts on this Friday's podcast :)

It will be good to listen to Dan and his views on the season. Even more so having someone other than his own club interviewing him.