Cornwall Football Forum

NAVAL AIR COMMAND VS JCCL SELECT WEDS 30TH APRIL 7.30PM PORTHLEVEN

Guest WINNO

Guest WINNO

THE AIR COMMAND VS JCCL GAME HAS BEEN RESURRECTED AT LAST AND WILL TAKE PLACE ON WEDS 30TH APRIL AT PORTHLEVEN KICK OFF 7.30PM

STEVE CURNOW AND MYSELF WILL BE RUNNING THE SIDE ANY MANAGERS WHOM FEEL THEY HAVE ANY PLAYER DESERVING OF SELECTION PLEASE EITHER CONTACT STEVE:07773017171- WINNO:07789935094.

YOU CAN ALSO PM ME ON HERE IF YOU WISH

LETS BE SENSIBLE NOW AND SEE ANYONES OPINIONS ON WHOM THEY THINK SHOULD PLAY AND THEIR ACTUAL SIDE.....

Glad to see this fixture is back on the list again.

Jon bird from st just would be worth a shout as would sam moustrides from perranporth both of them are intelligent players with plenty of skill and bags of energy and drive.

Good luck with the game winno and steve and hope you post your team selection on here when you decide it. :thumbsup:

Guest WINNO

BREAS SHOULD BE IN THE AIR COMMAND SQUAD HES MORE THAN GOOD ENOUGH BUT SOMETIMES THE MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE DONT RECOGNISE THAT EH........ XXXXXX

Guest Woodpecker

What a joke this combo select team will be :yahoo:Why is it being run by a manager in his first season/3rd in the league and a manager who's side is 13th in the league.i like st.just and steve curnow but if any player is selected from his club,then it's a joke.The team should be the truro combo side.In every position they have the best players!Would hp get in the truro team?????no,no,no :yahoo: :yahoo:

Woodpecker, Your boring me. All you do is sl*g off the combo and people in it. Bet you wouldn't say anything to their faces so why don't you just shut the f**k up :angry2:

And it maybe Winno's first season as a manager but his doing a fine job and hopefully he will continue to do so for may years to come. :drink:

Guest Woodpecker

Anita-why use bad language :SM_carton:you should take a long hard look at yourself in the mirror :yahoo:

tms no9-what has winno done in his first season-wasted over 6000 pounds in his first season(150x40),3rd in the league and cup runners up,great lets give him the england job,plus maybe he can play dom pullen up front because he is better than rooney :yahoo: what a waste of money when their r hungry people all over the world! :drink::drink:

winno-i have trev mewtons number,do you want it?it will save you 16 phone calls because trev can just tell his squad on saturday that they r all playing for the combo select team :c: :c:

Here's a poser.

How are these players chosen? Do they have to start a certain number of combo games in a season? If so, how many?

If it say 5 then a combo representative side could be made up of SWPL players as all the combo reserve sides have used 1st teamers in matches this season. Threr are a couple of players that Pz have used several times as have Wendron, Hayle, Truro, Falmouth, etc. Even Ludgvan are using SWPL players!

Answers on a postcard please.

Winno, currently at yeovil are the Navy's two centre halfs one of which is a regular combined services player(Best of army, navy and RAF for non service readers) and the Air Command are currently the Inter Command Champions(best command in the navy for non service readers) so i would say the air command management (click??) are spot on in their selections of late.

Guest Woodpecker

Good answer anita :thumbsup::thumbsup:

great post stm-the forces have alot of good footballers,which play alot higher standard than combo!I think someone should tell winno that helston is not the only place/club on earth! :wacko:

I do feel it was a strange comment from you winno, seeing as you have played for RNAS Culdrose, Air Command & the Navy and have been in that 'click' as you call it. the comment was strange as you have not been in the navy for a while. It has had a shift in managment and they are trying to put in place a good structure for all levels of football.

:rolleyes:

Keeping a side in the league is a harder job than what Trevor Mewton or Winno have done at their respective clubs.

St Day have no money to give to players, yet Andy Tasker has kept a side of players together this year, after losing several key players last year.

Its easier being manager of a side with a bit of cash to hand it, cos there are a fair few mercenaries (sp) around the Combo league.

Guest WINNO

YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I AM ON ABOUT HOSKY BUD.

NOT SAYING ITS STILL CLICKY BUT YOU CANNOT SAY THET SOMETIMES THINGS HAPPEN THAT RAISE MEGA EYEBROWS. YES I PLAYED FOR THE AIR COMMAND AND THE FULL NAVY SIDE SO I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT GOES ON... BREAS IS A REGULAR IN THE NAVY U 23 SQUAD SO Y DOESNT HE GET A GO IN THE AIR COMMAND!!!!!!!

THE COMBO HAS BEEN RUN BY STEVE FOR A LOT OF YEARS NOW AND HE HAS ASKED ME TO HELP HIM. IF WE ARE BOTH SO CRAP GIVE HIM OR MYSELF A BELL IM SURE HE WOULD PASS THE RESPONSIBILITY ONTO YOURSELF!!!!!

THE SELECT SIDE WILL NOT BE MADE UP OF THE TRURO SQUAD ESPECIALLY THE CONTRACTED PLAYERS OR THE HELSTON SQUAD. THE OPPORTUNITY HAS BEEN GIVEN TO ALL COMBO MANAGERS TO PUT FORWARD PLAYERS WHOM THEY THINK DESERVE A GAME IN A REP SIDE.

IT SHOWS WHAT AN IDIOT YOU ARE WOODPECKER HELSTON ARE 2ND IN THE LEAGUE AND ARE MORE CLEVER THAN YOU THINK THE £150 GOES BACK INTO THE CLUB MOST WEEKS BEHIND THE BAR YOU SILLY FOOL WE HAVE PLAYERS THERE THAT ALL STAY FOR AT LEAST AN HOUR AFTER THE GAME.

I SAID IF YOU HAVE A GRIPE WITH ME THEN PM ME WITH YOUR NAME OR I THINK YOU SHOULD KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT ON HERE YOUR MAKING YOURSELF LOOK A FOOL.

YOU ALSO NEVER MENTION PENZANCE AT ALL AND THIS IS NOT A DIG AT THEM BUT WHAT HAVE THEIR 1ST TEAM WASTED THIS SEASON SO FAR??????

I ASKED FOR SENSIBLE IDEAS OR SQUADS. BUT AS WE ALWAYS SAY CERTAIN IDIOTS CONSISTANTLY RUIN POSTING WHY DONT DEACS OR PAPS GET RID OF THESE IDIOTS!!!!!

Good answer anita :thumbsup::thumbsup:

great post stm-the forces have alot of good footballers,which play alot higher standard than combo!I think someone should tell winno that helston is not the only place/club on earth! :wacko:

2 ANSEWERS WOODPECKER

1. IM NOT FROM HELSTON I AM A PENRYN BOY

2. I WAS IN THE NAVY AND PLAYED FOR THE AIR COMMAND AND THE FULL NAVY SIDE NUFF SAID

Guest Helston Patriot

I can assure you that if my dad were to use this webite (which he doesn't as he runs his own website and forum) he'd post under his real name or openly admit who he is. He would not hide behide stupid names...

As shoot the messenger stated they selection of late has been spot on. I have played against them both (centre halfs @ yoev's) this season twice, on the first outing we beat them 3-1(united service cup semi) but then lost the second time 4-1 (navy cup semi). Good players. BUT i can play right back too scooby ;)

I have found in the past tho Bob, when i first joined up, Dodge wouldn't pick me for Culdrose in the Navy games BECAUSE i played for Helston (which he'd openly tell me) but every day at work he'd ask me to sign for him???? How does that work???? QUE VIOLINS; To be honest it bothered me as i just wanted to play all the games i could, but ended up playing Navy youth u19 til this season u23 (also captained combined services youth) Trumpit blowing i know!! So every cloud and all that!

I think Truro Res players probably couldn't play as they are contracted.. Same as why they're first don't play for the County.

And Bob was right anyway, i work away so its all Irrelevant. (not that i'd get in)

I reckon JON BLUNDELL

Guest WINNO

WE ARE LOOKING FOR A SQUAD OF AROUND 18-20 PLAYERS, WE ALSO ARE HOPING FOR 2 MORE GAMES SO THOSE THAT DONT GET IN THIS TIME MIGHT NEXT.....

HA! I think my wife would indeed KILL ME! :SM_carton:

I only used H.P as an example, What if i mentioned St day no 1? Would i have also fathered him? EddieD? Shoot the Mess?

Think my point has been made.

Just a foot note; Truro's combination league players who are indeed under contract CAN'T play as they, suprise suprise- are Contracted!

I would like to see woodpecker do a better job then Mr Winnan in his first season of management (which does not include championship manager)..

I think the focus should be on the fixture(s) and nominated personel. Goodluck all involved

i agree with you h.p that if you didn't play for culdrose then you were more than likley not gong to be selected for the air command squad. however the piont i was just trying to put across in a nice way to winno was that the attitude towards that selection process has changed with the new managment structure they have put in place. that has also helped the culdrose team, although not this year but in future years to come i can see a good crop of players comming on and playing for culdrose, they will become a good side over the next few years, i can guarantee that.

Guest Helston Patriot

HA! I think my wife would indeed KILL ME! :SM_carton:

I only used H.P as an example, What if i mentioned St day no 1? Would i have also fathered him? EddieD? Shoot the Mess?

Think my point has been made.

Just a foot note; Truro's combination league players who are indeed under contract CAN'T play as they, suprise suprise- are Contracted!

I would like to see woodpecker do a better job then Mr Winnan in his first season of management (which does not include championship manager)..

I think the focus should be on the fixture(s) and nominated personel. Goodluck all involved

Your point i take it is which team would they play for if selected for both? I reckon that the Navy guys would chooose Air command as there would be hell up if they turned it down to play against them!

WHO YOU CONSIDERING FROM HELSTON WINNO

Got to be Alex Sharkey without a doubt. One of the best defenders in the league by far! I love you sharky :rolleyes:. Big baz in goal after his Truro performance

Cris Goss for the Air Command will be a right handful but Sharky would be able to keep him quite. Watch out for Brooksie on the right, AWESOME. Played u23 with him. Best player on pitch against England schools,RAF,Newport County. Supprised he isn't playing SWPL already. Only 19.

Pity i'm working away, will be a cracker to watch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest mariner

yes must agree with kirk davies being selected also what about alan williams midfielder from st-day also he can play in defence and likes it out on the left wing i hear also WINNO i bet u will be in goal you are lucky kev toy aint in the combo a dead cert thats for sure

Guest Woodpecker

I just think the whole selection process is wrong!Managers from the same league should not be able to manage the rep side or choose it!Most other rep sides in England r picked and managed by people who r not linked to the clubs in that league,which the players come from!Not saying they would,but maybe winno or steve would use the match as a chance to tap up players for next season!If i was a combo manager i wouldn't let my players play!Plus is this match Recognised by the Cornish F.a(e.g-player insurance,red and yellow cards etc!

Guest Helston Patriot

I think it goes without saying that this is a recognised game. I think you have to have a manager from the same league running it otherwise it'd take years to watch every player. Atleast this season, winno and steve collectively have seen nearly every player.

Is this a different woodpecker posting now?? Seems to be less abusive and less cartoons used

Guest Woodpecker

What about all the players in the league have to vote for their team of the year(can't vote for players from their own team)-this is the system the pfa use for the premiership team of the year!

HP...Actually mate if I was lucky enough to be picked for both I'd play for Combo. Broad shoulders and they can chirp away... water off a ducks back and all that.

Will state though, for many years at Helston I was always told " Air Command won't pick players who play against Culdrose." I personally have no problem with that, and agree with it mostly, if the new management have different views thats up to them.

End of the day you make your bed and all that!!

Agree with many, if not all on here.... Woodpecker.... you do seem a bit of a ****! But first impressions are sometimes incorrect!

Interesting debate this post .... from most anyway!

Can I just add that it's a "Select XI", not the "best XI". If it was the latter, then it would naturally be saturated with players from the top sides. However, this team will feature hopefully players from a number of different clubs - and it'll be interesting to see who ends up in the final squad.

As for the Truro City and contract issue - I can't really see why they can't represent the league. Although I'm not suggesting any should, surely it would be Truro more likely to block them playing, rather than anyone else.

If not allowed to by the League, one could ask why are they permitted to play in it at all? I bet the thought of "Contract players" has never featured in the Combo rules/regulations.

The Naval Air Command Football Association selects it's squad on merit from All Fleet Air Arm units and detachments. This covers HMS Sultan, RNAS Yeovilton, RNAS Culdrose, RAF Cottesmore/Wittering, RAF Benson, HMS Ark Royal, HMS Illustrious, HMS Ocean, HMS Albion, HMS Bulwark, Plus all small ships flights and those embarked on Royal Fleet Auxillaries.

As Chairman I have put in place a NACFA Representative in all the 3 major shore establishments and am in constant liaison with the RNFA. In September last year the new management team of George Pattison (Culdrose) and Ivan Sadd (Yeovilton), took the squad to play in the Inter Command Championships, they returned as champions having beaten Scotland, and the RN U21s and finally a very impressive Portsmouth.

I therefore feel that the selection process worked extremely well, and am looking forward to the forthcoming fixtures against the Cornwall Combination, Newport IOW, Dorchester Town and RAF Western Command (RAF Inter Command Champions).

I cannot comment on the previous selection process as I have only been Chairman of the Association since last September and feel it would be unfair to do so.

As a lot of you will know I am also Chairman of RNAS Culdrose FC. Those players that attended the NACFA Tour of Guernsey in October that play within the Combination would surely agree that my role with NACFA is purely administrative and I like to keep it that way. I also in no way use persuasive tactics or pressure on NACFA Players who play for other Cornwall Combination League sides.

I would also express my hope that the JCCL management team consider the crop of young civilian Cornish players we have within RNAS Culdrose FC in the future, the likes of Dan Rowe, Iestyn Head etc that have already represented the Duchy at youth level.

I look forward to the match and hope that it is well supported. The relationship between the RN and Cornish Football is unique, with over 150 players playing witihin the local leagues serving at RNAS Culdrose alone.

I thank Mr Symon Winnon for his persistence in raising the question of resurrecting the fixture and look forward to further encounters in the future.

Lt 'Scooby' Plenty

NACFA Chairman

Guest Helston Patriot

The Naval Air Command Football Association selects it's squad on merit from All Fleet Air Arm units and detachments. This covers HMS Sultan, RNAS Yeovilton...

....crop of young civilian Cornish players we have within RNAS Culdrose FC in the future, the likes of Dan Rowe, Iestyn Head etc that have already represented the Duchy at youth level.

I thank Mr Symon Winnon for his persistence in raising the question of resurrecting the fixture and look forward to further encounters in the future.

Lt 'Scooby' Plenty

NACFA Chairman

HMS Sultan is probably the single most clickiest team in NATO! I am the only WAFU playing, the rest are all jock bubble head stokers!

Who's the young lad who used to play for Helston u16's last season?? He's a good player. Right back i think

scoobs you said exactly what i was trying to say but better and using greater vocabulary, and if i'm honest it was great being part of the air command squad again, it has been 4 or 5 years since i last represented the air command squad and although i was only a bit part player i felt as if i was part of something good. credit to yourself and george for that. only thing is i hope pompey don't win the f.a cup, i'd never get another chance in the squad.

:D :D

Scoobs did not realise you had taken on the role. Sounds like the new management are going about everything in the right way. As it seems to run better I hope the constraints of getting people off work and the age old problem of getting the "Yeovilteenies" to travel does not weaken what should be a strong team. Let us know if a strong side will be coming down, it will be a good game to catch if both field strong sidees.

As the Navy have an U19/U23 team, Would Winno be willing to also put together a JCCL U19/U23 as a spectacle to showcase some of the very good youngsters within the league?

Well said scooby. should be a good game to watch. make sure you get the result on the website so us boys on deployment can keep tabs on whats going on.

Dan Richardson should definately be considered, he`s going from strength to strength.

Chris O`Hare should get in the Air Command, Class Player!

Good luck to both sides

hello mate, i am good, on the mighty Argus doing month 6 of our 10 month deployment of the gulf (help)!!! been keeping tabs on the local football. i am at home until friday managed to swindle a couple of weeks leave!

good luck with the league and well done on your first season in management.

Nostris

It would be great to see at least 6 or 7 clubs represented in this game as like someone mentioned its a select 11 not the best 11 otherwise it would be all truro hands down. Im sure Winno will mix it up though.

I recomend Danny B from Illogan in goal cant think of many better, Domo as striker with the season hes having, skipper who plays in the back for Perranporth is a great player, Luke Wealdon (sorry for the spelling) at Newquay is class if hes still a combo player. Thats just a couple off the top of my head and then chuck in a couple of truro boys like Cain and Harrington and youv'e got a great side.

Also how about a combo select against Truro 2nds at the end of the season personally think you could get a side together to give them a good game. (not necessarily win but could be interesting)