Gunnislake v Polperro

North Petherwin v Torpoint Athletic

Saltash United v Altarnun

St. Mawgan v Saltash Borough

PREMIER DIVISION WEST

Helston Athletic Development 1 v St. Day

Illogan RBL v Wendron United

Mousehole Development v Penryn Athletic

Mullion v Falmouth Town (Kick-off 12.00pm)

Pendeen Rovers v Hayle

Perranwell v Redruth United

St. Just v Porthleven

DIVISION 1  EAST

Liskeard Athletic v St. Columb Major

Looe Town v Newquay

Roche v St. Blazey

St. Newlyn East v Boscastle

St. Stephen v Foxhole Stars

Torpoint Athletic v Nanpean Rovers

DIVISION 1 WEST

Camborne School of Mines v Mawnan

Hayle v Wendron United

Porthleven v Ludgvan

Praze v Threemilestone

St. Ives Town v Helston Athletic Development 2

West Cornwall v Troon

EVELY CUP ROUND 2 - KICK-OFF 2.00PM

Kilkhampton v Saltash United

St. Day v RNAS Culdrose

Helston Development 1 - 3 St Day

A cold but dry afternoon in Helston today, was quite looking forward to my granola and yoghurt from the blues kitchen but was disappointed when I figured out they weren’t there anymore and I had to substitute it for a double cheese burger from the van. Almost as dissatisfied as looking at Kellaway parks pitch. 

What could have been an exciting game turned in to a fairly boring one, St Day loosing 1-0 at half time but seem to come back stronger in the second half. No Tyler Oliver today due to injury and others still out due to suspension, all three key players thoroughly missed in the squad I feel. Both teams very poor although I hear St Day have brought in some new faces? Connor Gilbert from Redruth and a Truro City lad? 

Apart from Helston’s goalkeeper shocking me, I feel the real shock of the day was watching the boy Buckleys dad run onto the pitch after his boy scored, my Christ you’d think he’d scored the winner at Wembley.

22 minutes ago, LeeRicks9 said:

Foxhole beat st Stephen’s today 10-2 lol they’ve put online that st Stephen’s won 6-0 and have adjusted the league table a loss for foxhole 

The second team result found its way onto the first teams.  Dave got in touch straight away and Full-Time has been corrected.

PREMIER WEST

PERRANWELL  3-0  REDRUTH UTD

ATT:  40 odd

Decent game on a fresh day, type of game nice to play but a bit cold to watch. Both teams played some nice footie at times but a bobbly pitch ruined a few moves and crosses. Didn’t realise how big that pitch is either!! 🤔😲.  Players racked up a few miles on that I reckon! No more so than the Wells skipper Dave Standing making some lung bursting well timed runs into the box from midfield and unlucky with headers just over and wide in the first 15 minutes. The diminutive Utd number 9, Conner Davie looked sharp with tricky feet early doors but was well marshalled by the experienced Justin Miles and the impressive young Sam Fisher as the game went on. 

The hosts 3 goals came in a dominating 12 minute burst just before half time, Callum Edgcumbe with a lovely little flick header into the far corner in the 33rd minute and 6 minutes later Adam Selley showed all his experience to remain cool as a cucumber to run through and round the keeper and defender before slotting past a defender on the line. And right on half time Adam Casey looked to have knocked his last touch too far but recovered well to lash the ball into the roof of the net from a narrow angle.

The visitors started the 2nd half on the front front foot with home keeper Phil Rees handling well from a few long range shots in between Milesy having a couple pile driving trademark 30 yard free kicks well saved by Redruth keeper Andrew Lilley, one heading for the top corner before the Well finally gained control again in the last half hour. Selley unlucky not to add to his tally and Standing heading and shooting just wide again, the all action captain unlucky not to get the goal he deserved on the day. The Well close to adding to their lead with subs Josh Hodge heading just wide and Ben Rapsey having his shot on target well blocked at the far post.

The match well reffed by the imposing tall figure of Mr Andrew McKnight only brandishing a few cards towards the end to tired Utd defenders, for late challenges, but not a dirty game at all, two decent bunches of lads that got on with the game I thought. Nice to see Dave Kemp, Perranwells all time No 1 striker. Me, Gritts and Dom were just understudy’s to the main man and Dave Webb watching his son Aaron play for Redruth, what a shot Webby had in his day!! Wrecked a few nets!! Talented bunch of Truro brothers that gang! 👏🏼 All played for Perranwell as well I think!?  Good game with plenty of chances on a nice dry fresh 4c day!  👍

13 minutes ago, Byron10 said:

Out of both cups now benno 👏 👏 

Wouldnt know mate, been band since Halloween. I’m just glad you decided not to hang your boots up like you said last season, Would have been a shame for the young lads at point to loose such a role model and all round nice guy. 

4 minutes ago, Benno_JB13 said:

Wouldnt know mate, been band since Halloween. I’m just glad you decided not to hang your boots up like you said last season, Would have been a shame for the young lads at point to loose such a role model and all round nice guy. 

Cheers Ben, great chat as always! Don’t worry I’ll hang them up soon just for you. It’s beginning to feel abit like bullying whenever we play you in the cup anyway now. 

St Newlyn East 4-1 Boscastle

Match Report to follow but in the meantime just had to post the video of Owen London scoring our opening goal courtesy of the ‘Newlyn Young Ultras’ - see link below.
https://www.stnewlyneastafc.com/videos/owen-london-overhead-kick-197537.html

Match Report

Edited by St Newlyn East AFC
Match Report Added

North Petherwin 4 - 1 Torpoint Athletic

Torpoint goal scorer: Westall

A really disappointing afternoon on Saturday and North Petherwin got the 3 points they deserved.

We weren't completely awful but the result left us feeling pretty deflated afterwards. North Petherwin scored 2 brilliant finishes at either end of the game and to a man were good for it, with bodies on the line and defended well throughout.

Peth started sharply and the pace and movement from Sharpe up front got the opening goal 11mins in, with a neat through ball finding the no.18 to rifle home his finish into the corner from the right hand side of the box. He should've added to his tally in the first half as he was put through two other times with one saved superbly by the foot of Sidey and the other Sharpe leaned back too much and his effort ended up in Bude when he had far more time and space than maybe he'd realised. Peth could've been 3 up the chances were that clear and fortunately for us we were only 1-0 down at the break. We did forge some attacks of our own but the commitment of the black and white shirts thwarted at every occasion. We got the ball into Ross, Westall and Taylor a lot in the final third but all were robbed of possession, closed down quickly and shut off or the balls into the box were poor or the runs not matched. It just didn't click. One break down the right hand side did give us opportunity and I thought Westall was fouled chopping back inside a sliding tackle, but stayed on his feet and a penalty wasn't given.

A bit of a wake up call at half time stirred us and we equalised within the opening 4 mins. Very direct, Copp picked up an overhit pass deep in our half with loads of time to send a long ball over the top for the forward run of Westall, who did very well to lob the bouncing ball over Coles into the net for 1-1 at 49mins. But that work was quickly undone 3mins later as Copp and Manuel had a mix up and Sharpe stole possession 18yds out and tucked the ball under Sidey to retake the lead. We were only level in the game for 14 whole minutes. It wasn't game over and North Petherwin didn't create much more for quite a while until sealing the points late on as we pushed forward. Our best chance to equalise was the home side's own doing, as the no.8 at right back played back to Coles from the halfway was read by Ross who raced through and toed the ball past the keeper and hacked down, the loose ball fell to Easterbrook but the whistle went for offside due to an incorrectly raised flag. This resulted in a loss of momentum and the full back had his lino to thank for not conceding and saving his keeper a yellow card. Ross struggled to get going again after that and we petered out. We did change shape going for it which in the end killed us and skipper Reeve scored from 20yds with a great strike off his left foot into the top corner. He then added a 4th from the spot around 89mins after a Peth forward was fouled and the correct decision was made. 

A slightly harsh score line with the late goals but definitely a just result. The home side worked their socks off throughout and got their rewards. Annoyingly we are back there again this Saturday in the cup. A disgusting drive two weeks on the trot! Hopefully this game will motivate us to better next weekend. I must note it's good to see the foundations for Petherwin's new clubhouse going up as well. Be much better having their own facility to host for games. Could resemble something like Polperro's perhaps. Well done to all those involved in the progress the club has made in recent seasons.