Wendron United 4ths v Lizard Argyle 

DIV FOUR WEST
Constantine Reserves v Mullion Thirds
Dropship Reserves v Penryn Athletic Reserves
Lizard Argyle Reserves v Frogpool & Cusgarne Reserves
Pendeen Rovers Reserves v Storm
Perranporth v St Just Reserves
Troon Reserves v Wendron United Fifths

Note **** Can all clubs observe the 1 minute silence prior to kick off .

Mariners 4 lanner 2.At last after a hard season so far with players missing etc after a good pre season where expectation were high,today welcomed back some players and enjoyed a win against a hard working lanner side,Well handled by the young ref who did well.Pint and amazing food back at the duke of leeds tasted alot better.Onwards and upwards

WEST DIV 2

FALMOUTH UTD 2-1 PERRANWELL RES

Must admit don’t report much these days, forum changed a bit over the years unfortunately, lack of interest etc I think but felt inclined just to say what a really good game I watched today! Firstly fantastic set up at Penryn College, immaculate 3/4G pitch? Falmouths home venue, what a treat for the players. Female referee Aimee Green was outstanding, decision wise, common sense, real 10/10 performance from an official I thought, always in control. Two really sporting teams, couple of times lads went over with no one near them and the other side knocked the ball out straight away without hesitation for quick treatment. Bit biased on this one maybe but Ben Rapsey scored one of the best goals I’ve seen all season to put Perranwell ahead, great first touch left foot, back to goal, then turned and chipped the keeper with his right from 30 yards on the run, great finish at any level of football. Then Falmouth coming back to go 2-1 up before half time playing some terrific football, way above div 2 west level at times I’d say and their 2nd goal, a great cross and superb header wouldn’t have looked out of place in any league in Cornwall. Cracking game of football and well done to both keepers 2nd half making some brave saves. Perfect day for football, well done to both teams and the superb ref, made it a good fast flowing game to watch 👍👏🏼

Falmouth united 2-1 perranwell 2nds 

A really close game. Perranwell always seems to be our bogie team. Again, missing a number of players but still having 16 available was great for depth today. Also, instead of having an attack heavy bench, it was balanced. We controlled large parts of the game but found ourselves a goal down early on again due to being caught in position in midfield. To be behind after we have had the majority of possession is frustrating. But we carried on the pressure and getting the equaliser a short time after archie C gave me the ball, and I managed to fake shot past the CB to slot in the bottom corner. We got our second about 10 mins later after a deep cross from reece toms to find my head on the penalty spot to nod home. We carried on moving the ball well, but when we tried to complicate things, we got caught and had to defend with our lives. Second have was also very one-sided for the first 30 mins, but we couldn't finish the job in the final third. But the last 15 mins were all perranwell, and we hung on for maximum points.  Perranwell battled all the game, and the game was really reffed well. She kept constant control and was happy to go against linesman on both sides and stick with her decisions. 

Man of the match was Ryan Samoluk. Totally solid at the back and won all his personal battles. 

**** of the day was archie B for a terrible shot, but it was a game of very little mistakes. 

Thank you to perranwell for coming back for a couple of beers, and it's great to see some of the lads there again, especially George Knight. He was a great keeper and made some very important saves to keep his lads in the game. Got man of the match for them. 

Thank you to clo for assisting me today and taking the pics as I had to play due to missing all my strikers. 

Junior Cup next week home to an unknown duchy side 2pm kick off. If anyone fancies supporting.

Edited my previous post - it's not right to put up a post criticising a ref decision in the way I did. As frustrated as I am with the way the game worked out. Very much enjoyed today's game despite the loss. 

We probably shouldn't talk about the backheel on 90 minutes that almost had me my first goal in 20 years xD 

Great game for those on the side lines.

Full respect to Titans - even being depleted they are a tasty team. See you guys around soon :)

❤️

3-2 Titans - very very good team. but I honestly think they were there to be beaten today. not sure how long their unbeaten record is. it looked shakey today, and maybe a penalty decision i disagree with was the difference. we had a ball in the net given offside near the end also, but im too far away to have a view on that.

20 hours ago, rgkeep said:

3-2 Titans - very very good team. but I honestly think they were there to be beaten today. not sure how long their unbeaten record is. it looked shakey today, and maybe a penalty decision i disagree with was the difference. we had a ball in the net given offside near the end also, but im too far away to have a view on that.

Very good game for the Neutral, and a game of 2 halves as they say. 

Chacewater a credit to themselves having been on the verge of folding did themselves proud. 

But as you said, we might possibly have been there to be beaten yesterday , you can’t play perfect every week, but what we do have is dogged determination and togetherness to grind out results when needed. 
Not everything in life is pretty, it takes courage and the fight to want to win. 

Very correct Analysis Russel. We have been hit with injuries, which have left us without, 3 key players, each picking up injuries at various points throughout the season. 
Ryan Baber - 11 weeks now he’s been sidelined. Nico Penfold has been out for 3/4 weeks. Unsure on either of their returns at the moment. Skipper Barry Penfold picking up an injury last week. And Johnny jones unavailable due to work. 
But no excuses we have to dig deep and play with the players we have available. And those boys who have stepped in have done the job. Great commitment. Even the Gaffer Shaun isaacs having to play 90mins which is as he will say, not what he wants 😂

First half we dominated the ball, and created numerous chances, to which you kept Your boys in the game with some saves, but without Johnny we couldn’t find the net with the chances we did have, which would of possibly put the game in a more comfortable position! 

Second half you came into it more, and it became scrappy. I understand the frustration, you possibly have, but as the referee explained, for the penalty decision, the intent of the tackle, and the height of it, is what determined the decision to award it. 
He was clear in his explanation, and there wasn’t an argument from your skipper. 

Both sides had chances to score, even yourself with the deft little back heel from a corner kick. 
A great battle, and you’re correct we are depleted with injuries but we carry on and field a side, and fight and battle for one another to keep the rally going. 

I think it’s 1 league defeat in 52 games? 
Last league defeat was Goonhavern 1-0 Away 5th February 2022. 
And since then it’s 36 League games unbeaten. 

Thanks for your reply @Asterix - you guys certainly have a dogged determination and desire to win; it's to be commended. No wonder you have the record you guys have.

I dislike having to talk about the penalty decision - but from my very good view of the incident, I believe there was a mistake made. There was no challenge on the player, the ball was in free play. Noone had control of the ball, it was a diagonal ball played between our defenders into the box. Our player slid in and cleared the ball; their foot was perpendicular to the ground, but their heel was at ground level. It was not a high challenge at all. Also, the contact with the ball was made when your player was ~1m away from our defender's contact with the ball. The contact with the player was well after the ball had been cleared, there is no intent there except to clear the ball. I'm not suggesting your player followed through on our defender; but, again, the ball was well cleared when contact was made. I don't understand how this would be considered a penalty. Of course, I'm not a referee and should confess to not fully understanding their decision-making process or the exact rules/guidelines they have to follow. We are very appreciative of having a referee for our games and fully respect their decisions. 

We are proud of the way we played the game. I hope it spurs us onto similar levels of play and enthusiasm for the next few weeks. Sure we will see you guys around soon.

cheers

On 14/11/2023 at 22:00, rgkeep said:

Thanks for your reply @Asterix - you guys certainly have a dogged determination and desire to win; it's to be commended. No wonder you have the record you guys have.

I dislike having to talk about the penalty decision - but from my very good view of the incident, I believe there was a mistake made. There was no challenge on the player, the ball was in free play. Noone had control of the ball, it was a diagonal ball played between our defenders into the box. Our player slid in and cleared the ball; their foot was perpendicular to the ground, but their heel was at ground level. It was not a high challenge at all. Also, the contact with the ball was made when your player was ~1m away from our defender's contact with the ball. The contact with the player was well after the ball had been cleared, there is no intent there except to clear the ball. I'm not suggesting your player followed through on our defender; but, again, the ball was well cleared when contact was made. I don't understand how this would be considered a penalty. Of course, I'm not a referee and should confess to not fully understanding their decision-making process or the exact rules/guidelines they have to follow. We are very appreciative of having a referee for our games and fully respect their decisions. 

We are proud of the way we played the game. I hope it spurs us onto similar levels of play and enthusiasm for the next few weeks. Sure we will see you guys around soon.

cheers

Well you had a much better view than me, as I was 70 yards away! 

But the referee called, both of us skippers over, and explained why he gave the decision. 
So unfortunately I have to go along with what was explained to me, and that’s why he wears the black, and we play. He explained what his decision was for awarding for the penalty. If he has a clearer view than me, and is the decision maker, then I have to take his account as to why it was given. 

And it’s not like my opinion or anyone’s opinion would have changed his mind, and his decision had to be respected. Unfortunately for you guys, as you’ve explained you feel it wasn’t a penalty. 

But just like any game, we could sit and dissect every decision, on a weekly basis. Would it change anything… no? 

Same as you we felt extremely unfortunate to not have been awarded a penalty decision in the first half, which from all our opinions when the game was in play, was a clear foul in the box, with your defender going through the back of our striker with No contact to the ball. But it wasn’t given, and we had to respect that decision. 

Thats grassroots football, sadly without the technology that professional have. 

90 minutes to score more goals than the other team, fail to do so and its the refs fault.id like to know how many chances chasewater had to score including the back heel attempt that almost had your first goal in 20 years,maybe Intead of trying a fancy backheel,maybe passing to someone or turning and shooting would have seen you pick up a point instead of trying something you've not been able to do in two centuries.just a thought. But refs fault. Ive been in poor health recently and not seen many games or used this site,is there still a shortage of referees

2 hours ago, BrummyBarry said:

90 minutes to score more goals than the other team, fail to do so and its the refs fault.id like to know how many chances chasewater had to score including the back heel attempt that almost had your first goal in 20 years,maybe Intead of trying a fancy backheel,maybe passing to someone or turning and shooting would have seen you pick up a point instead of trying something you've not been able to do in two centuries.just a thought. But refs fault. Ive been in poor health recently and not seen many games or used this site,is there still a shortage of referees

Not very many, to be fair BrummyBarry. We at New Inn, Defended quite well.

We (New inn) did have copious amount of chances first half and could have put the game out of reach, but we didn’t find the net as much as we should have unfortunately. 

Chacewater battled hard, and was a great game to be part of. 

On 16/11/2023 at 06:38, BrummyBarry said:

Looking at full-time for this week it’s still around 6-8 short!

Sorry to hear about your ill health and hopefully on the mend.

On 16/11/2023 at 06:38, BrummyBarry said:

"maybe instead of trying a fancy backheel, maybe passing to someone or turning and shooting would have seen you pick up a point instead of trying something you've not been able to do in two centuries.just a thought."  I'm an old goalkeeper, never was good on the ball, hence why I put on my gloves. the ball dropped to my feet from a corner on edge of the 6 yard box, I panicked and got a decent (lucky) shot on target, was a good save from the keeper. You might have a point that if I had some composure, I could have laid back to another player... But I was surrounded by defenders and dont trust my ability to not utterly fk that up :D I think I made the correct decision, in the moment.

15 minutes ago, rgkeep said:

"maybe instead of trying a fancy backheel, maybe passing to someone or turning and shooting would have seen you pick up a point instead of trying something you've not been able to do in two centuries.just a thought."  I'm an old goalkeeper, never was good on the ball, hence why I put on my gloves. the ball dropped to my feet from a corner on edge of the 6 yard box, I panicked and got a decent (lucky) shot on target, was a good save from the keeper. You might have a point that if I had some composure, I could have laid back to another player... But I was surrounded by defenders and dont trust my ability to not utterly fk that up :D I think I made the correct decision, in the moment.

Hopefully you get my point though you are playing at the lowest level of football here in the Britain.it is naive to think you will have referees whose abilitys match that of the superstar refs.they will miss things and get things wrong but they do it far less than players.your decision making for this and compisure was not there.maybe the refs decision making and composure wasn't tgere either. Its okay for you and your team but not them? See what Im saying here? For the record I was a dreadful player in my day and can say Id have been a worse ref.it seems too complicated if those in premier league can't get it right with their experience training and technology our youngsters and new refs have no hopes. A mature response to my post which when I read it back, I felt could have been quite provoking