Cornwall Football Forum

FIXTURES - SATURDAY, 4TH NOVEMBER, 2023

PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL ST. PIRAN LEAGUE MATCHES KICK-OFF AT 2.30PM DURING NOVEMBER, DECEMBER AND JANUARY AND ALL CUP MATCHES KICK-OFF AT 2.00PM DURING THE SAME PERIOD.

PREMIER DIVISION EAST

AFC St. Austell v Torpoint Athletic

Altarnun v Callington Town

Launceston v North Petherwin

Polperro v Saltash United

St. Mawgan v Gunnislake

PREMIER DIVISION WEST

Mullion v Perranwell

Porthleven v Penryn Athletic

Redruth United v Mousehole Development

St. Day v Illogan RBL

St. Just v St. Agnes

DIVISION 1 EAST

Liskeard Athletic v St. Columb Major

Looe Town v St. Blazey

Roche v Foxhole Stars

St. Minver v Boscastle

St. Newlyn East v Newquay

St. Stephen v Kilkhampton

Torpoint Athletic v Wadebridge Town

DIVISION 1 WEST

Hayle v RNAS Culdrose

Ludgvan v Troon

Mawnan v Camborne School of Mines

St. Agnes v Praze

St. Ives Town v Threemilestone

Wendron United v Porthleven

TRACY BANFIELD CUP (1ST ROUND)

Pendeen Rovers v Millbrook

Sticker v St. Dominick

As at 11.30am, the following games have been postponed -

PREMIER DIVISION EAST

Altarnun v Callington Town

Launceston v North Petherwin

PREMIER DIVISION WEST

Redruth United v Mousehole Development

DIVISION 1 EAST

Liskeard Athletic v St. Columb Major

Roche v Foxhole Stars

St. Minver v Boscastle

Torpoint Athletic v Wadebridge Town

DIVISION 1 WEST

St. Agnes v Praze

TRACY BANFIELD CUP (1ST ROUND)

Pendeen Rovers v Millbrook

Looe Town 2v5 St Blazey. Att.30. Away.22.

With no first team playing, St Blazey supporters made for Looe to support the reserves. Looe scored early on but found themselves 1v3 down at half time. 

Looe pulled a goal back in the second half with around 15 minutes to go but St Blazey restored their two goal advantage within a couple minutes and scored another soon after to make it a convincing win. 

First visit to Looe Town. Lovely clubhouse they have set up. No entrance fee which cost the club a few quid. Good luck to them for the rest of the season. 

Screenshot_20231104_181851_Gallery.jpg

3 hours ago, MARKSY said:

St Day 7 Illogan 2 

Att. 127

Quite an exciting first half after which Illogan appeared to fold. They led in the 8th minute, Saints equalised a minute later only to go behind again in the 14tyh. T that point they deserved their lead I what appeared to be a very evenly-matched game. On 26 Saints equalised again, this time going 3 - 2 up on the half-hour. Still no sign of what was. to come. Another 5 mins passed and Saints made it 4 - 2 and that was half-time. Somehow the 2nd half saw Illogan creating a few chances but not converting them to get back into the game, and Saints' goals were added in the 50th, 79th and, bizarrely, the 90+5th!

Looks a bit of a rout on paper. Well attended (see Markey's number) at the expense of sloppy parking blocking the village for quite a while! So St Day march on.

11 hours ago, Paul said:

Looe Town 2v5 St Blazey. Att.30. Away.22.

With no first team playing, St Blazey supporters made for Looe to support the reserves. Looe scored early on but found themselves 1v3 down at half time. 

Looe pulled a goal back in the second half with around 15 minutes to go but St Blazey restored their two goal advantage within a couple minutes and scored another soon after to make it a convincing win. 

First visit to Looe Town. Lovely clubhouse they have set up. No entrance fee which cost the club a few quid. Good luck to them for the rest of the season. 

Screenshot_20231104_181851_Gallery.jpg

First visit to Looe. Surprised on their set up.

Actually there are many smaller clubs in Cornwall that have good facilities, great attitude to the game and the games are a much better standard than you think. 

11 hours ago, Tom Trust said:

Quite an exciting first half after which Illogan appeared to fold. They led in the 8th minute, Saints equalised a minute later only to go behind again in the 14tyh. T that point they deserved their lead I what appeared to be a very evenly-matched game. On 26 Saints equalised again, this time going 3 - 2 up on the half-hour. Still no sign of what was. to come. Another 5 mins passed and Saints made it 4 - 2 and that was half-time. Somehow the 2nd half saw Illogan creating a few chances but not converting them to get back into the game, and Saints' goals were added in the 50th, 79th and, bizarrely, the 90+5th!

Looks a bit of a rout on paper. Well attended (see Markey's number) at the expense of sloppy parking blocking the village for quite a while! So St Day march on.

As a neutral I found it funny St Day celebrating like they’ve won the champions league when they actually beat half an Illogan team with a bunch of kids playing. 

11 hours ago, TomTom said:

No volunteer to ask for cash

Public space and not possible for club to tell people to pay to watch 

We have the same problem at Redruth United, we now put a volunteer by the gate as they come in. We even have our own card machine for the " I've got no cash " comment. But like you said it's all down to volunteers, I will say that tea and coffee are always a good earner, and people tend to contribute that way

1 hour ago, VoiceofReason said:

"As a neutral". 😂 Doesn't sound like the comments of a neutral to me. Very badly disguised sour grapes. 

Not all,point out which part of my comment that was untrue

1 hour ago, Cornish Dave said:

Not being funny but why are illogan missing half a team in such a big game? Sounds like excuses or poor commitment

I’m just happy an individual match means so much to St Day because we all know they’ll be missing when the trophies are given out

33 minutes ago, CB34 said:

Not all,point out which part of my comment that was untrue

I’m just happy an individual match means so much to St Day because we all know they’ll be missing when the trophies are given out

I don’t follow st day, I’m just asking why illogan missed so many key players in a big game? Were they worried ?

He wouldn't know, he reckons he has nothing to do with Illogan 👀

I watched Illogan twice last season and once this,so it’s easy to see the amount of changes. I also watched St Day twice last season and would’ve noticed the same amount of changes. It’s really not that difficult 

2 hours ago, Cornish Dave said:

I don’t follow st day, I’m just asking why illogan missed so many key players in a big game? Were they worried ?

I honestly don’t know but it was clearly a huge game for St Day who started a rugby player over a regular according according to the home fans?

6 hours ago, CB34 said:

As a neutral I found it funny St Day celebrating like they’ve won the champions league when they actually beat half an Illogan team with a bunch of kids playing. 

I just saw your 15 posts that you’ve  written in 2 years everyone has slaughtered StDay , every single post has said you’ll never win nothing etc etc , Are you Mike Pascoe in disguise because he’s also liked 90% of your posts 🤣🤣🤣🤣

28 league games with possibly 6 teams in with a shout of this league , with probably StDay Falmouth Porthleven Mousehole all wanting to be promoted.

Illogan not allowed to go up I believe because there pitch is to small or whatever or they can’t be assed I don’t know & don’t care . 
With matches  only 10-12 games in there’s a lot of football to be played .

Final point if St Day do win a trophy I be the first to remind you CB34 😊

29 minutes ago, MARKSY said:

I just saw your 15 posts that you’ve  written in 2 years everyone has slaughtered StDay , every single post has said you’ll never win nothing etc etc , Are you Mike Pascoe in disguise because he’s also liked 90% of your posts 🤣🤣🤣🤣

28 league games with possibly 6 teams in with a shout of this league , with probably StDay Falmouth Porthleven Mousehole all wanting to be promoted.

Illogan not allowed to go up I believe because there pitch is to small or whatever or they can’t be assed I don’t know & don’t care . 
With matches  only 10-12 games in there’s a lot of football to be played .

Final point if St Day do win a trophy I be the first to remind you CB34 😊

So you’re saying I have been right 15 times? I hope the best team wins the league even if they have to pay for it 😉 

18 minutes ago, CB34 said:

So you’re saying I have been right 15 times? I hope the best team wins the league even if they have to pay for it 😉 

If you could point me in the direction of that quote 🤣

St Day have really hurt you haven’t they old flower 🤣🤣

Bitter 🍋 🍋 🍋 🍋 

2 minutes ago, MARKSY said:

Bitter 🍋 🍋 🍋 🍋

Don't forget though, he's a neutral.

His comments sound very neutral 👀😂

1 hour ago, MARKSY said:

Bitter 🍋 🍋 🍋 🍋 

I quote’

1 hour ago, MARKSY said:

Bitter 🍋 🍋 🍋 🍋 

‘15 times in two years you have claimed St Day win nothing’ unless I have missed something that means I have been right 15 times surely? 
I’m more hurt that my neutrality has been called into question 😂

First time going to st day this season as the weather limited my options. Illogan started brightly & celebrated there goals like a world cup final win and its entertaining reading "neutral" comments mocking the home team for celebrating in the same way. Only 1 team in it 2nd half & a couple in the visiting side resorted to kicking and fouling particularly the skipper who could count himself lucky to stay on. Good crowd and good entertainment on an awful day.

St Austell 6 - 2 Torpoint Athletic

Torpoint goal scorers: Taylor and ManuelJ

Another disappointing and bitter result for us. We started very brightly and scored with our first attack in the opening minute. The ball was sprayed out left to Easterbrook who squared the ball to Jimi Taylor 20 yards out and he hit a powerful drive low to the keepers right for an early lead. Minutes after that it should've been 2-0 as a low ball in from the right found Easterbrook unmarked who leant back too much and his side footed effort smashed the crossbar and away to safety. St Austell equalised around 10mins in after good wing play down the left resulted in a dangerous cross being turned into our own net by the stretching Manuel. For the whole first half both St Austell wingers looked quick on the break, particularly out on the right. The left was quick too but was thwarted for the most part because Bark is no slouch either. We should've taken the lead again with Rothwell's one on one hit too close to the keeper and Easterbrook had two other big opportunities when through on goal, with Pacey and Taylor in particular both passing well. But by half time we were 3-1 down with Liam Eddy causing us problems both in his running in behind and link up to feet, with him scoring the 3rd. 

A frustrated interval but the only difference really was the difference in finishing so not too deflated. From the restart we pulled one back quite quickly with a decent set piece delivery from Taylor being met by a good glancing flick off the head of ManuelJ for 3-2. But it was short lived as around the hour Eddy was played through one on one showing great composure to round our keeper on the edge of the box and roll the ball in despite being closed down quickly by the retreating defender for 4-2. Within 15mins of that it became 6, the 6th from the spot for a Liam Eddy hat trick. A very odd goal though, as a clash of heads inside the box was pounced on quickly by Eddy to fire in the loose ball. But it was disallowed for a "deliberate headbutt" and a penalty, which was eventually taken to restore the rightful goal. Less said about the minutes around that incident the better.

From then on we were relatively toothless going forward with too big a mountain to climb and being a man down due to a sin bin during the above incident. A poor score line where the difference was probably the clinical finishing from St Austell and our lack of it. We created a lot of chances in the first half, maybe 5 good shooting opportunities with time and space inside the box and we didn't score any of them, whereas Eddy had 4 chances in the game and bagged 3. The St Austell wide men were a consistent threat as well and we weren't too quick to recover. Unfortunately we lost Copp to injury to add to our growing list which isn't helping the quality with the squad but I know we can turn a corner, hopefully sooner rather than later as the league table looks a lot worse than I'd set our sights on. Next week we have another tough away trip in the cup down to Illogan so there's no easier ones on the horizon. But looking forward to visiting a new club nonetheless.

On 06/11/2023 at 10:40, Foul Throw 3 said:

St Austell 6 - 2 Torpoint Athletic

Torpoint goal scorers: Taylor and ManuelJ

Another disappointing and bitter result for us. We started very brightly and scored with our first attack in the opening minute. The ball was sprayed out left to Easterbrook who squared the ball to Jimi Taylor 20 yards out and he hit a powerful drive low to the keepers right for an early lead. Minutes after that it should've been 2-0 as a low ball in from the right found Easterbrook unmarked who leant back too much and his side footed effort smashed the crossbar and away to safety. St Austell equalised around 10mins in after good wing play down the left resulted in a dangerous cross being turned into our own net by the stretching Manuel. For the whole first half both St Austell wingers looked quick on the break, particularly out on the right. The left was quick too but was thwarted for the most part because Bark is no slouch either. We should've taken the lead again with Rothwell's one on one hit too close to the keeper and Easterbrook had two other big opportunities when through on goal, with Pacey and Taylor in particular both passing well. But by half time we were 3-1 down with Liam Eddy causing us problems both in his running in behind and link up to feet, with him scoring the 3rd. 

A frustrated interval but the only difference really was the difference in finishing so not too deflated. From the restart we pulled one back quite quickly with a decent set piece delivery from Taylor being met by a good glancing flick off the head of ManuelJ for 3-2. But it was short lived as around the hour Eddy was played through one on one showing great composure to round our keeper on the edge of the box and roll the ball in despite being closed down quickly by the retreating defender for 4-2. Within 15mins of that it became 6, the 6th from the spot for a Liam Eddy hat trick. A very odd goal though, as a clash of heads inside the box was pounced on quickly by Eddy to fire in the loose ball. But it was disallowed for a "deliberate headbutt" and a penalty, which was eventually taken to restore the rightful goal. Less said about the minutes around that incident the better.

From then on we were relatively toothless going forward with too big a mountain to climb and being a man down due to a sin bin during the above incident. A poor score line where the difference was probably the clinical finishing from St Austell and our lack of it. We created a lot of chances in the first half, maybe 5 good shooting opportunities with time and space inside the box and we didn't score any of them, whereas Eddy had 4 chances in the game and bagged 3. The St Austell wide men were a consistent threat as well and we weren't too quick to recover. Unfortunately we lost Copp to injury to add to our growing list which isn't helping the quality with the squad but I know we can turn a corner, hopefully sooner rather than later as the league table looks a lot worse than I'd set our sights on. Next week we have another tough away trip in the cup down to Illogan so there's no easier ones on the horizon. But looking forward to visiting a new club nonetheless.

Decent little set up down illogan tbf Callum,fair sized changing rooms and a clubhouse that looks out on to the pitch so Ur travelling support can enjoy a decent pint in the warm.

47 minutes ago, davegrose said:

Decent little set up down illogan tbf Callum,fair sized changing rooms and a clubhouse that looks out on to the pitch so Ur travelling support can enjoy a decent pint in the warm.

I have popped my head in there before as I used to work at Portreath. Just first time having a fixture there. Forecast certainly looking better for it!