St. Minver v St. Newlyn East

DIVISION 1 WEST

Ludgvan v Hayle

Mawnan v St. Day

Praze v Helston Athletic Development 2

St. Ives Town v Wendron United

Troon v RNAS Culdrose

St Day 7 - Pendeen 2

An easy straight forward win for St Day never in any trouble from minute 1 to 90 .

Goals for Dan Richards 2 Kyle Marks 3 Gavin Boon 1 & Chris Dobson who incidentally I was saying to family that that Dobbie is a good player ooops it’s obviously Dobo 😳🤣 I believe Dobbie belongs to a certain collection of films .

Quite sad also to see on here that in this section of the forum 24 games took place yesterday & yet there’s only one write up now two . 
Hopefully more games to read up on .

I was also at the game I must say the pitch was looking fantastic well done to the grounds team. 

st day have certainly put together a very strong squad this season and should win the league by a country mile! Who’s backing them to be able to tempt these players to the club financially? The club itself or sponsorship/ incentives elsewhere?

on the topic of the results on here, I don’t agree with the layout of the new forum. The way it is set up deters teams in the lower leagues submitting their results and write ups in my opinion, I much preferred it when they had their own league, get rid of the ones which hardly have a comment (selling one / grounds one) and have some separate ones for people to have the confidence about submitting them rather than staying clear through fear of being belittled about their standard. 

for me it’s no coincidence that since the layout has been changed the input has been minimal? Surly worth revisiting this before people stop visiting altogether?

1 hour ago, Sijames said:

on the topic of the results on here, I don’t agree with the layout of the new forum. The way it is set up deters teams in the lower leagues submitting their results and write ups in my opinion, I much preferred it when they had their own league, get rid of the ones which hardly have a comment (selling one / grounds one) and have some separate ones for people to have the confidence about submitting them rather than staying clear through fear of being belittled about their standard. 

Good to read your thoughts.

Firstly, regrettably whatever way the forum is laid out, it won't stop wind up merchants and those who wish to "belittle" posts.

With the restructuring of the St Piran League we now have 10 divisions. The revised layout was done to try and keep the grouping fairly straightforward.

I've got a couple questions............

Are you suggesting we have a sub-forum for each division?

Would it be better if the original fixtures list be updated with the results being entered once the games have been played?

Or should it be just one sub-forum for all 10 divisions?

I'd like to know from everyone what your thoughts are please, including those that if you used to post match reports, why you don't anymore.

43 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Good to read your thoughts.

Firstly, regrettably whatever way the forum is laid out, it won't stop wind up merchants and those who wish to "belittle" posts.

With the restructuring of the St Piran League we now have 10 divisions. The revised layout was done to try and keep the grouping fairly straightforward.

I've got a couple questions............

Are you suggesting we have a sub-forum for each division?

Would it be better if the original fixtures list be updated with the results being entered once the games have been played?

Or should it be just one sub-forum for all 10 divisions?

I'd like to know from everyone what your thoughts are please, including those that if you used to post match reports, why you don't anymore.

I think a forum area for each division (as a combined east and west for each) would be preferable tbh… so 5 for each (Prem to 4) but the results and fixtures could stay in one place… but do we need the results and fixtures as these are easily accessible in Fulltime ? Maybe just have the link here instead? 

Polperro were the visitors to Lovells yesterday afternoon and a team we have struggled against at home in recent seasons. 

The first half looked like it could be a story of frustration again with the visitors throwing bodies on the line and us hitting the woodwork twice through Pete Styring. Polperro winning a few duals and looking a lively threat without really troubling Sam Nicholson standing in, in the Doms goal.

Into the second half and we found another gear. It did take a penalty to get us underway, a darting run from Kieran Ryall saw him taken out and John Styring hammered in the spot kick. Joseph Gill had his effort tipped on to the post just before the second came with Alex Jacob driving forward with some good movement ahead of him opening up the space for Jacob to bend an effort in to the far corner. A set piece saw the next goal arrive with Styring heading in his second of the afternoon before he was strangely denied a hat trick from another set piece with the referee adjudging him offside. Kieren Jasper, off the bench was played in to lob the keeper for number four before Ryall got himself a fine individual goal, rattling the ball in from a tight angle. Callum Brown saw both of his efforts come off the woodwork as did Francis Roy-Pengelly with us hitting the bar or post a remarkable 7 times during the game. The scoring completed when Pengelly beat the keeper with Jasper getting ahead of the defender to nudge the ball into the net for a final score of 6-0. 

Match sponsor Duchy Brickwork chose Gill as man of the match. 

#UTD 💛🖤

Illogan RBL 2, Perranwell 0

So relieved to be able to drive to a game at last! My 1st game this season.

A fellow spectator summed it up: "3 points from a below-average performance". I thought Illogan were in for a cruise after they took a 2 - 0 lead by half-time. A corner from the right was headed home in the 11th minute and a 25 yard drive was deflected en route to the goal in the 35th. This, up the slope, so I expected Illogan to at least double their lead by full time; but it was not to be. Perranwell dug in and defended well, with a few probing runs forward, though Barry Wyatt was rarely troubled in the Illogan goal. Illogan huffed and puffed but couldn't get another goal.

Touching scenes pre-k.o. as many of the spectators joined the teams around the centre circle for a minute's silence to respect the passing of a well-known long-term supporter. Never seen that before - amazing!

If the game wasn't that entertaining I was entertained by a small group of WAGS/Yummy Mummies in front of me whose chatter about weddings and schools kept me quite transfixed for a lot of the time. Good, also, to hear so many positive comments coming from Simon and his usual friends who came into the stand to get out of the rain. So often there are some right moaners in the stand who don't seem to realise this isn't THE Premier League!

Hot choc £1 - so glad to have been welcomed back and resumed some sort of normality.

Perhaps a few more reviewers will appear once people get used to the new format, which we must accept has been forced by the league's reorganisation.

Altarnun 1 - 5 Torpoint Athletic

Torpoint goalscorers: Bouch, OG, Small, Coutts, Ferguson.

A 4th consecutive win for us on Saturday and nice to get Altarnun away ticked off before the weather worsens in the coming months.

We weren't sure what to expect from the home side after their poor start in the league and seeking new players in the summer. However, we didn't want to take them for granted as we ourselves lost our opening 3 games so it's too small a sample size to judge, though I think for the most part the league has begun to take shape of how it will look for a while. 

We scored very early on to go 1 up, when Bouch picked the ball up at centre half on the halfway line and marauded through at least 4 tackles, one after the other to get into the box and he slotted it away with the composure of someone you'd expect to score every time. I don't think the goal helped us though and from then on we lacked quality and were probably complacent that the 3 points seemed inevitable. I don't recall creating anything of note in the next 20mins until a poor back pass was made worse when the keeper let it go under his foot on the edge of the box and the ball trickled in for 2-0. Half an hour in Altarnun pulled one back with a good strike from the edge of the box. Even their celebrations seemed a little flat to be honest. Before half time we regained the 2 goal cushion when Jimi Taylor found Smallsy on the edge who struck a low shot into the bottom corner. A half of poor quality in possession and time and time again we gave the ball away and rushed our play. The times we did play it to the forwards to feet, they showed their individual qualities would create but we didn't do it anywhere near enough. 3-1 HT. 

A bit of a critical half time break and two subs introduced for the restart but it didn't really improve things. Just before the hour mark Couttsy surprised us all as I let out a "don't shoot from there ffs" and it went into the top corner from 30-35yds. Shut up Bays! Too much time and space in middle all game left us with too many options. Again the times we got the ball forward it looked better and Taylor was having an impressive game and the good forward runs from Small were often unnoticed or missed, which was frustrating to watch. Taylor broke past his full back a few times but the defender recovered well or the cut backs/crosses were well cleared. Late in the game Ferguson made it 5 after coming off the bench for his first competitive minutes since February.

A bit of a routine win against a side that regrettably I think will struggle. After 3 games we were bottom of the league on 0 points so I'd be stupid to take our form for granted so I am pleased to climb the table up to 5th and have 4 wins from 4 going into next week's cup game. With Easterbrook, Rothwell, Cullerton and Copp set to return we're in a good place and with Polperro in the cup on Saturday followed by St Dominick and St Mawgan it will round off a good month if we can get some pleasing results in those 3 tough games. 

23 hours ago, Sijames said:

I was also at the game I must say the pitch was looking fantastic well done to the grounds team. 

st day have certainly put together a very strong squad this season and should win the league by a country mile! Who’s backing them to be able to tempt these players to the club financially? The club itself or sponsorship/ incentives elsewhere?

for me it’s no coincidence that since the layout has been changed the input has been minimal? Surly worth revisiting this before people stop visiting altogether?

Valid point but I think the ground maintenance one is there in honour of Dave Baker who helped so many clubs with his knowledge of the subject.

Would be good if anyone had questions on pitch maintenance they could get answers from this section.

North Petherwin 3 v Millbrook 1

Petherwin Scorers: Sharpe 30, 55; Sanders 68

Attendance: 53

Last game before a week off next Saturday due to Wadebridge 1s playing in the vase and cup game with their 2s moved to a midweek. It was nice to go into the break with a win and make it 4 wins out of 6 in our first season in the Prem. 

With Millbrook bottom of the league and again having a few players out ourselves i didn't know what to expect.

It took us a little while to settle and the young Millbrook side started very energetic and found space in the middle of the park several times to my frustration, with just their final balls letting them down. On the one occasion they did get in Coles saved well with his legs.  From about 15mins we started to get into the game, Sharpe in particular looking dangerous on the wide right as he got in behind the LB several times, just lacking the composure. On the 30th minute a ball into Shadrick was well controlled before turning and dinking it in behind the CB's for Sharpe to continue his diagonal run and rounding the keeper to make it 1-0. From here we continued to grow and Sharpe continued to cause the away defence issues. 

2H we started much more brightly and in the 55th minute some lovely play down the left by Gyamfi and young McGinnes found Sharpe who cut in and hit a superb curling strike with his right, which the young keeper got a hand to but was to powerful and nestled into the top corner. From here we continued to grow and got the 3rd when Gymafi moving forward from LB nutmegged the right winger and passed inside to sub Smith who brilliantly played it through the defence for another sub Sanders (returning from injury) to delightfully chip the on rushing keeper.

From here we tinkered with subs and probably lost some shape which allowed Millbrook to finish strong and got a goal which their performance deserved. Some messing around at the back was punished with a great through ball and finish from a young Millbrook attacker.

Ft 3-1

Well referred by Gary Cornish, who controlled the game without using his cards! Another 3 points for us which was pleasing.  Based on what i saw Millbrook have some promising young players and will not be in that position come end of the season.  

Porthleven 1sts  5 – 0  St Just 1sts

An early goal for Porthleven was the main highlight of the half, a deep freekick put to the back of the 6-yard box was headed back across goal for an easy finish.  Shortly after, another cross was swung in for a Port player to miss his header from all of a yard out.  That was it for notable chances for the remainder of the 1st half with little quality on display from both teams.  St Just sat back deep, not allowing much space in behind or down the channels, and Porthleven trying a little too hard, wasting possession trying to get the ball in behind too often, leaving the home support a tad frustrated following recent performances down at Gala Parc.

2nd half Porthleven came out a different team, moving the ball about, dragging St Just up the field, and on the hour mark the goals and chances started to flow, scoring 4 second-half goals.

The 2nd goal was a direct free kick put into a dangerous area going straight in, the 3rd and 4th goals came from great wing play down the right to set up tap-ins from 6 or 7 yards out, and the 5th goal was a lovely driven finish from the edge of the box.

Credit to St Just, bare 11 who kept going to the end despite having little possession throughout the game but the Porthleven keeper not having a save to make tells its own story.  With the cricket season now over, I’m sure their numbers will pick back up soon enough.

Another well-attended game considering some local higher league games going on with 100 or so through the gate.

Well officiated by Steve Annis, not sure I’ve had a bad game with him in charge.

Porthleven goals coming from:

Harry Luckett x 2

Ross Atkinson x 1

Fraser Patterson x 1

Daxter Bainbridge x 1

Onto Mawnan Smith in the cup next weekend.