Cornwall Football Forum

Pre Season Friendlies

Got to  say well done to Bodmin Manager Dane Bunney for getting out some pre season friendlies his team Bodmin will be playing this summer i have pencilled in 1 for July 4th when newly promoted Truro roll  up at Priory Park ,

Hope to see lots more good ones Wadebridge certainly didnt let me down last summer i just stuck the car on Autopilot and told it to take me to Bodeive Park i am hoping Argyle play somewhere in the County and not up Saltash like they usually do dont think my old car would make it that far ,

Well Done To Dane

On 01/05/2023 at 18:51, 100%cornish said:

Got to  say well done to Bodmin Manager Dane Bunney for getting out some pre season friendlies his team Bodmin will be playing this summer i have pencilled in 1 for July 4th when newly promoted Truro roll  up at Priory Park ,

Hope to see lots more good ones Wadebridge certainly didnt let me down last summer i just stuck the car on Autopilot and told it to take me to Bodeive Park i am hoping Argyle play somewhere in the County and not up Saltash like they usually do dont think my old car would make it that far ,

Well Done To Dane

Based on this season they will need big changes and a far better squad to compete next year. Need more than just a few friendlies 

3 hours ago, cornish leg end said:

Based on this season they will need big changes and a far better squad to compete next year. Need more than just a few friendlies 

They'll be fine, had some half decent results all things considered. Got to remember Dane is starting from scratch with the Bodmin team.

15 hours ago, silly billy said:

They'll be fine, had some half decent results all things considered. Got to remember Dane is starting from scratch with the Bodmin team.

Personally can’t see it now. Bodmin have a lot of work to do to get back to where they were. A rebuild going on in the club lost all the old wise decision makers from the years gone by. They will be missed. 

1 hour ago, cornish leg end said:

Personally can’t see it now. Bodmin have a lot of work to do to get back to where they were. A rebuild going on in the club lost all the old wise decision makers from the years gone by. They will be missed. 

They've been rubbish for the last 6 or so years so when did the decision makers leave?

Well Done To Dane

I’m assuming Truro Reserves? Can’t for the life of me see what the 1sts would get out of that.

Well Done To Dane

100% there is virtually no chance of a strong Argyle side coming too far down West as there is hardly the level of competition / preparation needed for an EFL Championship side. 

The regular early pre-season game v Parkway likely and maybe a similar very early season game v Truro at Bolitho.

Think Argyle may go abroad and have one ‘prestige’ home friendly against lower ranked EPL club. Pure guesswork the last paragraph!

What are the other games for Bodmin announced?

22 hours ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

100% there is virtually no chance of a strong Argyle side coming too far down West as there is hardly the level of competition / preparation needed for an EFL Championship side. 

The regular early pre-season game v Parkway likely and maybe a similar very early season game v Truro at Bolitho.

Think Argyle may go abroad and have one ‘prestige’ home friendly against lower ranked EPL club. Pure guesswork the last paragraph!

What are the other games for Bodmin announced?

Would assume that Parkway v Argyle will be the usual pre season curtain raiser (don't know if the partnership deal between the two clubs in 2020 is still in place though). Agree with yourself, can't see what either Parkway or Argyle would stand to gain by playing step 6 sides in friendlies. Has the annual Aubrey Wilkes Trophy match between Falmouth and City been confirmed? Wondering if the newly promoted City Peninsula League side will be the basis of their side for this game.

Know it's in the wrong section, but Dorking Wanderers visiting Mousehole for a PSF catches the eye. They are a club that has progressed from a group of mates playing park football in div 4 of the West Sussex league to the National League in just over 20 years. This has been due to the drive, passion, charisma and flair for publicity of founder, owner, chair and manager, Marc White.

3 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Know it's in the wrong section, but Dorking Wanderers visiting Mousehole for a PSF catches the eye. They are a club that has progressed from a group of mates playing park football in div 4 of the West Sussex league to the National League in just over 20 years. This has been due to the drive, passion, charisma and flair for publicity of founder, owner, chair and manager, Marc White.

He's certainly a character, best description I can come up with is Barry Fry on steroids 😂

1 hour ago, Buckland Jim said:

He's certainly a character, best description I can come up with is Barry Fry on steroids 😂

Do enjoy watching the Dorking documentary series about them, "Bunch Of Amateurs." Wouldn't argue with your description of him, but the level of access he grants to the film makers and the candid nature of the footage is to be applauded (and also shows his skills of self promotion).

10 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Do enjoy watching the Dorking documentary series about them, "Bunch Of Amateurs." Wouldn't argue with your description of him, but the level of access he grants to the film makers and the candid nature of the footage is to be applauded (and also shows his skills of self promotion).

Very much so, what he has achieved is to be applauded, the 'Bunch of Amateurs' is a great watch. 

16 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

What channel is the Dorking doc on?

Got my 2nd pre season friendly marked in and its at Bodmin again to see them play FALMOUTH on Friday 21ST JULY See Plymouth Argyle playing Parkway but was hoping to have a real big club to play but that has now been cancelled said tey are looking for more friendlies so hopefully a Cornish side will step in and accomodate them 

• 1 month later...