Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny Results 25th March 2023

PSC CUP GROUP H

PERRANWELL  (5)   11        Rapsey 12’ 46’. 88(p)’   Reeks 4’ 44’  Yendle 25’  Botham 36’  Brand 61’  Edgecombe 77’  Sanderson 84’. James 90+2

ST.BURYAN   (0)   0

ATT    43

Match that started with spitting rain but ended in glorious sunshine watched by former Perranwell legend Martin Gritton down for the weekend who went on to score 70 odd goals in the football league for teams such as Plymouth, Torquay, Grimsby, Lincoln, Macclesfield etc. Still a top bloke and events manager these days at the  London Stadium,, home of West Ham. Good to see old mate and opposing skipper Bobby-Lee Johns still spraying the ball around the pitch with ease. Fair play to St.Buryan who were swamped from the start but never stopped running or giving a 100% effort, looked a good bunch of lads with the massive 6 ft 5 keeper a real character! Got to say brilliantly reffed by Bill Trethewey, remember being reffed by Bill 30/40 years ago!! Someone said he was 82!! Got to be a joke surely! Stilll doing an excellent Laid back job 👏🏼👍 Apologies if any names, goals etc are wrong, still getting used to some of the players!

4”   Jordan Reeks good run down the right finishing with shot placed across the keeper

12”   Through ball for Ben Rapsey one on one with keeper bent around him with outside of foot

21”   Bobby-Lee Johns 25 yard strike well tipped over by home keeper Sam Denchfield

25”   Scott Yendles 30 yard powerful low strike skims under the keeper and rolls over the line 

36”   Warwick Bothams rasping drive from the angle of the box flies into the far corner

44”   Reeks this time with a strong run down the left cuts in and scores with an “Henry” type finish

HALF TIME 5-0

46”   Hosts score within 12 seconds of kick off, Callum Edgcombe unselfishly squaring to Rapsey to blast home

61”   Great pace from Kieran Brand down the right past 2 defenders to cut in and smash a shot in near post 

63”  Visitors striker rounds keeper but runs out of angle and shoots wide 

73”   Another Saints chance, forces home keeper Denchfield into good low save at near post

74”   A good spell from the visitors ends with a halfway line effort from Johns just clearing the crossbar

78”   Brilliant 25 yard free kick from Edgcombe flies into the top corner

84”  Pinpoint Simon James corner is powerfully headed home at the far post from Harry Sanderson

88”  Rapsey is chopped down in the area and gets up to send the keeper the wrong way from the spot

90+2  James cuts in from the right and drills across keeper for deserved goal after relinquishing penalty duties for Rapsey to complete his hat-trick

• Dave Deacon changed the title to Trelawny Results 25th March 2023

It was a lovely offer Fenman but I decided I love 4 12 hour night shifts a week for the NHS so much I decided to stay put mate!!🤔😀👍. Plus my 28 years pension! 😂️.   To be fair I couldn’t even get the above report right mate!! I got Kieran and Jordan’s goals mixed up so Ben tells me!!  Think it’s a case of B-, must do better!! 😀😟