St Mawgan v Callington Town Reserves H-W

Torpoint Athletic Reserves v Saltash United Reserves

West

Illogan RBL v Mousehole Development P - P

Mullion Reserves v Hayle 

St Agnes v Falmouth Town AFC Reserves

St Day v Redruth United 

Truro City Reserves v Penryn Athletic 

Yesterday was non league day & an opportunity to showcase so many good things in the non league game, as well as drumming up extra support, at a time when money is extremely tight.

On show at Tregye was exactly that. The scoreline was academic, but what I witnessed, was a band of wonderful volunteers on both sides of the scale. Those of Truro City Res, putting on an amazing array of pre & post match refreshments, cutting/marking the pitch, organising kit, water bottles and collecting entrance fess, amongst many other things.

Then, there was a small band dedicated members of Penryn Athletic, who worked their backsides off, to get a team together in order to fulfill a fixture & keep the club going.

They knew they were probably in for a tough afternoon, but they turned up & put in a real shift, when it would have been easy to throw in the towel.

So, I take my hat off to them. They're a real credit to the club and local football 👏

44 minutes ago, Rob Hosking said:

Yesterday was non league day & an opportunity to showcase so many good things in the non league game, as well as drumming up extra support, at a time when money is extremely tight.

On show at Tregye was exactly that. The scoreline was academic, but what I witnessed, was a band of wonderful volunteers on both sides of the scale. Those of Truro City Res, putting on an amazing array of pre & post match refreshments, cutting/marking the pitch, organising kit, water bottles and collecting entrance fess, amongst many other things.

Then, there was a small band dedicated members of Penryn Athletic, who worked their backsides off, to get a team together in order to fulfill a fixture & keep the club going.

They knew they were probably in for a tough afternoon, but they turned up & put in a real shift, when it would have been easy to throw in the towel.

So, I take my hat off to them. They're a real credit to the club and local football 👏

So basically, everyone doing what they volunteered for (or are paid to do). We all know how important volunteers are and that they are an aging group. The future looks grim for many.

• Dave Deacon changed the title to Fixtures 25th March 2023

Torpoint AFC 2-3 Saltash United

Torpoint XI: Brown, Bouch, Murray, T.Manuel, Taylor, Haslam, Robbins, Payn, Larsen, J.Manuel, O.Small

Subs: Coutts, Mason, Stearnes, Balde, Cullerton

A rerun of our last fixture earlier in the month. Coming into the game we were looking to continue our better run of form and performances.

We knew Saltash would have a slightly different look about them with Ben leading their line. We started the game brightly in the opening 10mins with chances falling to Manuel and Small, most weeks you'd bank on them scoring and putting us into an early lead but this wasn't to be the case. We quickly became frustrated with our own play and slowed the game down too much in possession. Saltash had their opener curtesy of a long ball and a defensive mix up, Waters hassled and found himself in behind before passing to his partner to lash home past Brown. One became two will almost a carbon copy goal but with the aforementioned Waters picking up his goal on his return to The Mill. Saltash were good value for their lead at HT and were certainly the more effective side.

HT, unsurprisingly, led to changes and a triple substitution. Within a minute of the restart, one of the subs and debutant Mason scored to half the deficit and put us firmly back into the game. After another initial period of good pressure we soon reverted to old from the first half, soon gifting a free shot from a corner for the Ashes to restore their 2 goal advantage. I must say, the set piece delivery from the visitors was on point all game and it was only a matter of time before one was converted. Despite not being at our best, we still believed there could be something in us from the game. Taylor hit home late to make the final 5 minutes interesting with Saltash sitting deeper but that would pretty much be the final action of the game.

A frustrating afternoon all in all, with how we've been playing recently it was a flat performance and we weren't able to deal with the threat of the Saltash front 2 or the #8 in midfield. Some vital team bonding throughout the evening would've helped as we look forward to our final 4 games of the campaign.

11 hours ago, Devils@Dusk said:

I can't get Full-time to work on my device (pages won't scroll). So I got the result from City Reserves/U18's Twitter page instead.

Same for me on my laptop in both Chrome and Edge.  It's a known problem and the fix is to open an incognito window.  You should then be able to scroll through.