Cornwall Football Forum

I honestly don't know who makes this stuff up, we'd never pull out of a game due to the opposition 🤷

It's been a tough season after a promising start but these are the games we look forward too, no expectations and even less pressure so we can just enjoy a game of football for 90 mins.  We'd play with 8 if we had to.

I expect alot of teams to pull out and conceade in the percy stevens cup,i said this weeks ago,such a stupid format,should of been kept the same and if teams want more games they could of arranged friendly games or at least ask the clubs if they want to take part in the group format,there will be a alot of dead rubber games in the group games with teams nothing to play for and will conceade.

I fear you are going to be proved right Fudge.With a couple of teams already forfeited there first mini-league game.with no relegation just drop out of the competition you only need to lose more one game.Then  top spot and progression to the knockout stages is gone.

What will be interesting with only 1 team progressing a number of groups will be decided by GD.And for example.Team A draw with Team B. Then those two teams finish same number of points Team A had a big win against bottom of table and Team B awarded points against same bottom of table team(who forfeited)

Team B eliminated purely on GD because they were denied the opportunity to play the team who forfeited?

I can see this happening in a couple of groups.Anyone throw some light on this?

7 hours ago, StarsAndStripes said:

I fear you are going to be proved right Fudge.With a couple of teams already forfeited there first mini-league game.with no relegation just drop out of the competition you only need to lose more one game.Then  top spot and progression to the knockout stages is gone.

What will be interesting with only 1 team progressing a number of groups will be decided by GD.And for example.Team A draw with Team B. Then those two teams finish same number of points Team A had a big win against bottom of table and Team B awarded points against same bottom of table team(who forfeited)

Team B eliminated purely on GD because they were denied the opportunity to play the team who forfeited?

I can see this happening in a couple of groups.Anyone throw some light on this?

i would be more keen for it if there was something like top 2 go through from the group,like i said lose couple or even 1 game and you could be playing for nothing,cant beat ko football and the buzz it gives,ive got hardly any interest in this unfortunatly

11 hours ago, fudge said:

I expect alot of teams to pull out and conceade in the percy stevens cup,i said this weeks ago,such a stupid format,should of been kept the same and if teams want more games they could of arranged friendly games or at least ask the clubs if they want to take part in the group format,there will be a alot of dead rubber games in the group games with teams nothing to play for and will conceade.

Would this change in format not have been discussed and had to be voted for at the AGM last summer?