Cornwall Football Forum

Combellack Vehicle Recyclers East Cornwall Premier League Fixtures 18th February.

All kick offs 2-30, good luck to all teams.

Liskeard Athletic Reserves 3-3 St Newlyn East

Looe Town 2-0 St Dennis Reserves

North Petherwin 3-3 St Columb Major

St Minver 2-1 Wadebridge Town Reserves 

St Stephen 0-4 Nanpean Rovers

St Teath v St Blazey Reserves

Torpoint Athletic Thirds 5-2 Newquay Academy

Some interesting ties this weekend. No fixture for leaders Foxhole who will be hoping everyone below them drops points as they could fall to 3rd.

You'd imagine Liskeard away is a tough test for challengers SNE.

2nd vs 3rd at North Petherwin who will want to bounce back after defeat last weekend against a tough StC side.

Minver vs Wadebridge is a local derby with the home side strong favourites who will hope they can chase the leading pack where they usually find themselves.

St Stephen will hope to play a Nanpean side without Jaffa Rowe and possibly Jay Davie in another local derby.

On 15/02/2023 at 22:01, JonColenzo said:

All kick offs 2-30, good luck to all teams.

Liskeard Athletic Reserves v St Newlyn East

Looe Town v St Dennis Reserves

North Petherwin v St Columb Major

St Minver v Wadebridge Town Reserves 

St Stephen v Nanpean Rovers

St Teath v St Blazey Reserves

Torpoint Athletic Thirds v Newquay Academy

Liskeard Res 2-3 St Newlyn East 

Looe Town 3-1 St Dennis Res 

North Petherwin 1-2 St Columb Major 

St Minver 4-1 Wadebridge Res 

St Stephen 0-2 Nanpean 

St Teath 0-1 St Blazey Res 

Torpoint 3rds 6-1 Newquay Academy 

Looe 2 st Dennis 0

Well done on the result Looe 

Can only apologise for turning up with 10 players n no lino so a massive thank you to Ur lads that done an honest job for us and for holding on till the 86th minute before you broke the deadlock with a well taken header from the young dark haired lad that was on the wing,this was followed up but an equally well taken goal by matey with a ponytail after the ball got stuck under my feet n I lost possession to him outside the box where he took a touch set him self very well n leathered it as hard as he possibly could past our keeper from the edge of the area,u may want to check the net for any damage.

We had a couple of chances while the game was 0-0 but Looes keeper done very well n kept us out so all in all considering our circumstances with the late pull outs I personally think the lads done a great job n really put a shift in.

All the best to Looe for the remainder of their games this season.

15 hours ago, davegrose said:

Looe 2 st Dennis 0

Well done on the result Looe 

Can only apologise for turning up with 10 players n no lino so a massive thank you to Ur lads that done an honest job for us and for holding on till the 86th minute before you broke the deadlock with a well taken header from the young dark haired lad that was on the wing,this was followed up but an equally well taken goal by matey with a ponytail after the ball got stuck under my feet n I lost possession to him outside the box where he took a touch set him self very well n leathered it as hard as he possibly could past our keeper from the edge of the area,u may want to check the net for any damage.

We had a couple of chances while the game was 0-0 but Looes keeper done very well n kept us out so all in all considering our circumstances with the late pull outs I personally think the lads done a great job n really put a shift in.

All the best to Looe for the remainder of their games this season.

We appreciate you honouring the game with only 10. The least we could do is offer an additional lineo. As you say, Matt was honest.

thanks to your lads too for clean up after themselves, not something all clubs do. 😉👍 

5 hours ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

Credit to you and the team for traveling anyway Dave. 

2 big points dropped for SNE, North Peth and St Columb yesterday. Not that I’m surprised. Tough fixtures. 

Not sure it's 2pts dropped for Petherwin and major? It's both their first season back in East cornwall 🤔 both are in the top 4 and having a good season. I think these 2 sides would of taken that all day long before the season started. Only 1 side winning this league and that's Foxhole. Head and shoulders above everyone.. 

10 minutes ago, Rjw87 said:

Not sure it's 2pts dropped for Petherwin and major? It's both their first season back in East cornwall 🤔 both are in the top 4 and having a good season. I think these 2 sides would have taken that all day long before the season started. Only 1 side winning this league and that's Foxhole. Head and shoulders above everyone.. 

Funny enough the same was said last season and look what happened. A lot of football yet to be played with cals boys still to play home and away against foxhole plus games against north peth and yourselves. Foxhole have always had a great side every year and will no doubt finish top 2 especially having still not lost a game yet 👏 

Liskeard Res 3-3 St Newlyn East 

Liskeard certainly started the better and enjoyed long spells of possession as we struggled to get a foothold in the game. The home side opened the scoring on 10 minutes from a direct free-kick that went through the wall and deceived our keeper. We felt slightly aggrieved as the referee insisted that Liskeard players were allowed to be part of our defensive wall provided they weren't interfering with play (we thought the law had changed to they had to be at least a metre away from the wall and not be part of it if it had more than 3 players in it - I'm sure I'll be told if this isn't the case). This seemed to spur us in to life and Dan Woodgate was unlucky not to equalise when his low shot hit a post. Woodgate did get his deserved goal 10 minutes before half time smashing home from a twelve yards.

If Liskeard had the better of the first half I thought we had the better of the second and scored our second goal 5 minutes after the restart when Owen London's first shot was saved by Robathan but London reacted quickest to stab home. Liskeard equalised 10 minutes later - from another direct free-kick that mirrored the first one in every way!!!!! Woodgate again hit the post for us in the second half before restoring our lead 5 minutes later with another good finish across the keeper. He thought he had scored his hat trick minutes later only for the goal to be disallowed as he was adjudged to have been offside in the build up. Liskeard again equalised with 10 minutes remaining with a good finish in to the corner of the net. An otherwise good, competitive game played in the right spirit by both teams was marred late on when a Liskeard player was sent off for stamping on Newlyn's Russell Brooker with 2 minutes left to play.

Good luck to Liskeard Res for the rest of their season.

Jiggy SNEFC

1 hour ago, Byron10 said:

Funny enough the same was said last season and look what happened. A lot of football yet to be played with cals boys still to play home and away against foxhole plus games against north peth and yourselves. Foxhole have always had a great side every year and will no doubt finish top 2 especially having still not lost a game yet 👏 

Well i would rather see a title race than a 1 horse race personally. So let's hope someone can fight Foxhole all the way. I just wanna stress i am nothing to do with St Columb Major football club also, I'm just a former player who watches and cheers them on 😉

11 minutes ago, Rjw87 said:

Well i would rather see a title race than a 1 horse race personally. So let's hope someone can fight Foxhole all the way. I just wanna stress i am nothing to do with St Columb Major football club also, I'm just a former player who watches and cheers them on 😉

Yeah completely agree mate, went down to the final game last season which could have gone 3 ways result pending so that was certainly entertaining for the neutral! St columb and north peth have bettered the league which needed to happen with altarnun and gunni moving up who were 2 really good sides and are now more than holding their own in the st piran league. As we know anything can happen in football especially at this level 😂 

2 minutes ago, Byron10 said:

Yeah completely agree mate, went down to the final game last season which could have gone 3 ways result pending so that was certainly entertaining for the neutral! St columb and north peth have bettered the league which needed to happen with altarnun and gunni moving up who were 2 really good sides and are now more than holding their own in the st piran league. As we know anything can happen in football especially at this level 😂 

Yeah personally I thought St Columb Major matched foxhole for about 60 mins and didn’t really think they were amazing.. just so consistently good. But like you say, it’s not over yet and long way to go! 

Torpoint Ath 5 - 2 Newquay Academy

Torpoint goalscorers - Easterbrook x3, Cotter, Driver. 

Lineup: Jackson, Bark, Bartolini, Pearce, Hussey, Brown, Cotter, Northcott, Easterbrook, Ferguson, Rio Driver.

Subs: Burns, Clarke, Rowe, Warren, Halls.

Finally a return to The Mill after what felt like an age! But we didn't exactly entertain the home support in the opening period. Until our opening goal around 20mins I thought we were poor. Newquay were compact and difficult to break down and we showed no patience or composure. Every pass was forced, long or inaccurate and it was frustrating to watch. Eventually we improved and chances begun to come, with Easterbrook pouncing on a loose ball in the box to fire us in front. 8 minutes later it was Easterbrook again who struck home from 18yards after a well weighted set back from Pearce. At this point though Newquay did not give up and I imagine we became complacent and expected the floodgates to open. We did rattle the cross bar 3 times in the first half so were very close to it being true. Bartolini was first to a low corner from Hussey which bounced back off the bar to safety, Easterbrook smashed the bar from all of 30 yards and Northcott also chipped the paintwork from 25 yards, an effort I've encouraged from him recently. But it wasn't to be. Newquay again sitting deep won the ball in midfield and Nathan White skipped through 3 missed tackles running half the length of the pitch to slot past Jackson from 18 yards. Minutes later they equalised. A throw in high in our corner wasn't dealt with and the ball sat nicely for Johnny Coleman to fire an unstoppable effort in from 30 yards. The best goal I've seen scored against us in a long time. Defensively it was so bad but Johnny can dine out on that one for quite some time! 2-2 HT.

Despite the woodwork still shaking at HT, so was I! I wasn't happy whatsoever at losing a 2 goal lead and our general play. But luckily the message must've sunk in because we came out for the 2nd half firing with 3 goals between 50th and 55th minute. The first came from another good shot from Northcott which was well saved and pushed wide, Ferguson picked up the ball and unselfishly squared to Myles Rio Driver to lash home the ball for his first goal for the 3rd team. Our 4th came from a flicked on Hussey corner which found Cotter free at the back post to poke home. Our 5th and Easterbrook's 3rd came from our road runner full back Bark putting in a decent cross to Easterbrook at the back post to seal his hat trick. This pretty much killed a 2nd comeback and we made lots of changes after the hour. This probably stopped our rhythm a little bit but everyone deserved to play. Rowe almost added a 6th with a well struck daisy cutter well saved by the visiting keeper and Brown and Burns also had threatening efforts saved or blocked.

Overall I'm wary we weren't at our best for 2 spells in the first half but the 5min goal scoring spree at the start of the 2nd shows how potent we can be. And I was impressed with how we reacted to our own issues. Another important 3 points on the board with Foxhole not playing and other rivals dropping points on the day. Just the 8 under 18s in the squad yesterday and probably the youngest squad we've had in 10 years, with 2 of our experienced lads playing 90mins for the 2nd team. The future is bright!

13 hours ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

Torpoint Ath 5 - 2 Newquay Academy

Torpoint goalscorers - Easterbrook x3, Cotter, Driver. 

Lineup: Jackson, Bark, Bartolini, Pearce, Hussey, Brown, Cotter, Northcott, Easterbrook, Ferguson, Rio Driver.

Subs: Burns, Clarke, Rowe, Warren, Halls.

Finally a return to The Mill after what felt like an age! But we didn't exactly entertain the home support in the opening period. Until our opening goal around 20mins I thought we were poor. Newquay were compact and difficult to break down and we showed no patience or composure. Every pass was forced, long or inaccurate and it was frustrating to watch. Eventually we improved and chances begun to come, with Easterbrook pouncing on a loose ball in the box to fire us in front. 8 minutes later it was Easterbrook again who struck home from 18yards after a well weighted set back from Pearce. At this point though Newquay did not give up and I imagine we became complacent and expected the floodgates to open. We did rattle the cross bar 3 times in the first half so were very close to it being true. Bartolini was first to a low corner from Hussey which bounced back off the bar to safety, Easterbrook smashed the bar from all of 30 yards and Northcott also chipped the paintwork from 25 yards, an effort I've encouraged from him recently. But it wasn't to be. Newquay again sitting deep won the ball in midfield and Nathan White skipped through 3 missed tackles running half the length of the pitch to slot past Jackson from 18 yards. Minutes later they equalised. A throw in high in our corner wasn't dealt with and the ball sat nicely for Johnny Coleman to fire an unstoppable effort in from 30 yards. The best goal I've seen scored against us in a long time. Defensively it was so bad but Johnny can dine out on that one for quite some time! 2-2 HT.

Despite the woodwork still shaking at HT, so was I! I wasn't happy whatsoever at losing a 2 goal lead and our general play. But luckily the message must've sunk in because we came out for the 2nd half firing with 3 goals between 50th and 55th minute. The first came from another good shot from Northcott which was well saved and pushed wide, Ferguson picked up the ball and unselfishly squared to Myles Rio Driver to lash home the ball for his first goal for the 3rd team. Our 4th came from a flicked on Hussey corner which found Cotter free at the back post to poke home. Our 5th and Easterbrook's 3rd came from our road runner full back Bark putting in a decent cross to Easterbrook at the back post to seal his hat trick. This pretty much killed a 2nd comeback and we made lots of changes after the hour. This probably stopped our rhythm a little bit but everyone deserved to play. Rowe almost added a 6th with a well struck daisy cutter well saved by the visiting keeper and Brown and Burns also had threatening efforts saved or blocked.

Overall I'm wary we weren't at our best for 2 spells in the first half but the 5min goal scoring spree at the start of the 2nd shows how potent we can be. And I was impressed with how we reacted to our own issues. Another important 3 points on the board with Foxhole not playing and other rivals dropping points on the day. Just the 8 under 18s in the squad yesterday and probably the youngest squad we've had in 10 years, with 2 of our experienced lads playing 90mins for the 2nd team. The future is bright!

How many goals has easterbrook got so far this season mate?

On 19/02/2023 at 12:18, Byron10 said:

Any reports on the liskeard and north peth results? Looks like a couple of entertaining games… 

tbh with the petherwin and major game it didn't live up to how exciting the 3-3 draw sounds 😂

Was a fairly poor showing from us, when we went 3-2 up after being 2-1 down we had a couple of chances to kill the game off but some decent goalkeeping prevented and then major had a penalty to equalize.  They may have even won it at the death as we pushed for a winner

On 19/02/2023 at 13:58, Byron10 said:

Foxholes squad has been extremely strengthened from last season. 
but like you said…….a long way to go and a lot of footy to be played