Falmouth Town           1-0    Ilfracombe Town

Helston Athletic          0-2    Ashton & Backwell United

Millbrook                     0-1    Wellington

Shepton Mallet           P-P    Torpoint Athletic

Sherborne Town        0-1    Barnstaple Town

Street                         1-3    Mousehole

Welton Rovers           2-0    Keynsham Town

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 28 January 2023

Three points for Falmouth Town today but it was a flat performance in a poor game. The only goal came from the penalty spot in the first half after the Ilfracombe keeper was sent off for an off the ball incident. I missed it, and so did the ref, but the lineswoman didn't and it was her decision to call over the ref which led to the red card and the penalty. There was then an interminable wait while the visitors sorted out a new keeper and I don't know if there was some sort of incident in front of the stands but the steward, who was in his own little world about 50 yards away, was summoned to the benches to help sort something out. Whatever was happening, it was about five minutes between play stopping and Luke Brabyn finally taking and scoring the pen.

After that, I think most people in the ground expected a much more comfortable win for Town than it ended up being but they never really hit their stride at any point in the game and what chances they did have were hit off target.

I don't know if the replacement keeper was a proper goalie or an outfield player pressed into action because Falmouth barely tested him and so it was impossible to tell.

Ilfracombe were hard-working and resilient and arguably had the better chances to score in the second half, meaning the result was in doubt right until the end.

So, not the best Town performance and not the best game to watch, but a win is a win and the Bickland Park outfit now look like a solid Western League side. 

Saltash United look like they have cleared their heads after the Shane Krac drama (and all that surrounded it), and have got the season going again.

For Falmouth, getting a 1-0 win and not playing well, is a sign that they've acclimatised to step 5 football.

With Mousehole extending their league unbeaten run to 17 games, it's going to be great last few months in the Western League title/promotion race. Jake Ash's men 5 points behind Saltash with 3 games in hand, and still to play 2nd placed (and 1 point ahead of them) Bridgwater twice.

I no no one surprised that mousehole cant stop winning now they got JBE. he got a chance at still playing professional like jamie vardy. he scores goals at every level and now it looks like hell be getting another team promoted. 3 goals in 4 games so far  15 games left  if he ends on 20+ goals all the doubters will stop!!!?? 

On 30/01/2023 at 21:03, Cornishfootyfanatic said:

I no no one surprised that mousehole cant stop winning now they got JBE. he got a chance at still playing professional like jamie vardy. he scores goals at every level and now it looks like hell be getting another team promoted. 3 goals in 4 games so far  15 games left  if he ends on 20+ goals all the doubters will stop!!!?? 

JBE leaving hasn't worked out too badly for Falmouth either. Won 5 from the 6 played since he went to Mousehole. 

Looks like it's going well for both clubs and the player.