Sticker v Altarnun

West Division

Falmouth Town v Illogan RBL

Mousehole Development v Penryn Athletic

Porthleven v Wendron United

Redruth United v Perranwell

St. Day v St. Agnes

Truro City v Mullion - 2.00pm kick off

Redruth United v Perranwell or Truro City v Mullion for me. Just not sure which one! 🤔

On 14/12/2022 at 11:27, Dave Deacon said:

What's the latest on the Penryn situation anyone? A team for Saturday or not?

You'd certainly hope so. A real shame the state Penryn are in. A club with cracking facilities and such great potential!

Redruth United 2 - 3 Perranwell

A game that Redruth will feel they chucked away. It was a tight first 20-25 minutes, with not much between the two sides. All of a sudden, Redruth found themselves 2-0 up. What looked like an OG at the back post, followed by a penalty just a matter of minutes later, after a naive challenge by the Perranwell defender. Sloppy defending by Redruth then allowed Perranwell to score a couple of goals before half time. The second half was much of the same. Not much to separate the two sides, with both having chances of their own. Perranwell then took the lead for the first time in the match, through a set piece. An in swinging ball from the left hand side, that looked like it had evaded all of the players in a crowded penalty box, before then finding the far hand side of the goal. Later on in the game, Redruth thought they'd found an equaliser. A ball had come in to the box, and the left hand sided midfielder sent a looping header in to the far side of the goal. Celebrations had initially started, before the players then realised the linesman had flagged for offside. It caused a bit of controversy, as many believed the player was in fact onside. Particularly someone who was dead in line, over on the opposite side to the linesman. I won't comment if it was the right or wrong call, as I didn't have anywhere near a good enough angle to have any sort of opinion on it. Regardless, a draw would've been a fair result I think. Then again, Redruth will also understand, you can't chuck away a two goal lead that easily, and expect to get away with it. On to the festive period now! 👍

33 minutes ago, Jengles Judgements said:

Redruth United 2 - 3 Perranwell

A game that Redruth will feel they chucked away. It was a tight first 20-25 minutes, with not much between the two sides. All of a sudden, Redruth found themselves 2-0 up. What looked like an OG at the back post, followed by a penalty just a matter of minutes later, after a naive challenge by the Perranwell defender. Sloppy defending by Redruth then allowed Perranwell to score a couple of goals before half time. The second half was much of the same. Not much to separate the two sides, with both having chances of their own. Perranwell then took the lead for the first time in the match, through a set piece. An in swinging ball from the left hand side, that looked like it had evaded all of the players in a crowded penalty box, before then finding the far hand side of the goal. Later on in the game, Redruth thought they'd found an equaliser. A ball had come in to the box, and the left hand sided midfielder sent a looping header in to the far side of the goal. Celebrations had initially started, before the players then realised the linesman had flagged for offside. It caused a bit of controversy, as many believed the player was in fact onside. Particularly someone who was dead in line, over on the opposite side to the linesman. I won't comment if it was the right or wrong call, as I didn't have anywhere near a good enough angle to have any sort of opinion on it. Regardless, a draw would've been a fair result I think. Then again, Redruth will also understand, you can't chuck away a two goal lead that easily, and expect to get away with it. On to the festive period now! 👍

He was offside by two foot, there was no controversy, the flag went up early, there is no way anyone else could see or who was in line with play, accept it I don’t cheat!

49 minutes ago, Drumming Nutter said:

Mousehole Development 13 Penryn 0 

Was 9-0 at half time.

Penryn fielded a scratch squad and we're not disgraced 

Absolute respect goes to Penryn Ath for fulfilling the fixture today, scratch side maybe but nice to see some familiar faces doing their best to get the club through a difficult period. Hope they make it through till the end of season and rebuild. Good luck from Mousehole Development 

Mousehole scorers

Toby Weeks x 4

Cam Bidgood x 3

Connor Hurrell x 3

Steve Brewer 

Stefan Van Blerk

Ryan Townson 

A few years ago Falmouth United teamed up with Penryn to become an FA Community Club, alongside Bude and Torpoint, they were the first ever in Cornwall. Falmouth United had a conveyor belt of young players all under 16 and needed an adult club to fulfil the criteria. 
This clearly worked well for both clubs, Falmouth United had exit routes into four teams in four leagues with Penryn and Penryn had the pick of all the best local talent. 
Now I know this was a few years back and times have changed, but Penryn have had connections with available youth before but where’s that got them? 
I genuinely hope Penryn can find a way out, no one wants to see a club, steeped in history struggling like this. I know how hard some of them are working to rectify it, but it’ll need more than Jamie Day’s wand to find an answer. 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - SATURDAY, 17TH DECEMBER, 2022
On 17/12/2022 at 18:24, Andys said:

He was offside by two foot, there was no controversy, the flag went up early, there is no way anyone else could see or who was in line with play, accept it I don’t cheat!

Like I mentioned in my original post Andy, I didn't have an angle where I could definitively say whether it was offside or not. Therefore, I'm not going to say you got it right or wrong, or whether you're a cheat or not. I haven't got any evidence to back either up. I was just merely stating what a fellow spectator said, who was supposedly in line with the call. As I was watching as a neutral, I couldn't care less who won really. I was just there to watch a decent game of football. That's exactly what it was. Credit where it's due, you also had to officiate most, if not all, of the game on the side where the sun would've been right in your eyes. Unfair that you had to do that. Unsure on why the referee swapped you both just a matter of minutes in to the second half! 🤷‍♂️

Huge respect to the Penryn players that made the long trip down to Mousehole knowing that they were in for a very tough afternoon. 

I heard there were a number of teenagers in the Penryn side, got to be the first time that's been the case for years. Hopefully the club will look at the long term and they'll stick with them, and together with their link with Grasshopper's, they'll realise that youth is the path to a sustainable future for their club.

However, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see those young lads all dumped out and replaced with the "better" players Penryn have registered for the boxing day clash with Falmouth. The same players that chose to play for Junior sides, or go and watch other local games with a few beers on Saturday when their club needed them most, will no doubt reappear and be available for that fixture. Hopefully I'm wrong.