Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Saturday & Sunday 18 & 19 December 2021

Parkway 1 Dulwich Hamlet 1 4-3 PPFC on pens.

Parkway were superb! They created all the best chances and should have won comfortablly  They were that good!. A 90th ninute equiser for DH was a travesty.

The crossbar, last ditch defending and an outstanding visiting 'keeper performance kept DH in the game. The backkine was rock solid. Great pressing and DH allowed no tine on the ball  River Allen had one of his inspired days - great vision and distribution  

Really nice to see sub Adam Carter sink the decisive penalty too.

If DH had lost by three or dour they could not have complained. I'll say it again, PPFC were THAT good.

I love the gound, facilities, ambition and potential of PPFC. However, a DH fan/s were attacked at the final whistle. There is a small element that bring down all that is good about the club. Horrible to see. I've encouraged my partner to come with me to Bolitho Park, but another unpleasant incident is off putting. No-one else mentioning it worries me. Sweeping incidents under the carpet would be a mistake. I'd be very worried if the FA Trophy draw brought Wrexham or Stockport to Bolitho.

That said I'll not let a handful of neds take centre stage  The joy on the faces of team and fans after the spot kick shoot out is the kind of experience that makes football special. Well done Parkway. Super day out!

3 hours ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Parkway 1 Dulwich Hamlet 1 4-3 PPFC on pens.

Parkway were superb! They created all the best chances and should have won comfortablly  They were that good!. A 90th ninute equiser for DH was a travesty.

The crossbar, last ditch defending and an outstanding visiting 'keeper performance kept DH in the game. The backkine was rock solid. Great pressing and DH allowed no tine on the ball  River Allen had one of his inspired days - great vision and distribution  

Really nice to see sub Adam Carter sink the decisive penalty too.

If DH had lost by three or dour they could not have complained. I'll say it again, PPFC were THAT good.

I love the gound, facilities, ambition and potential of PPFC. However, a DH fan/s were attacked at the final whistle. There is a small element that bring down all that is good about the club. Horrible to see. I've encouraged my partner to come with me to Bolitho Park, but another unpleasant incident is off putting. No-one else mentioning it worries me. Sweeping incidents under the carpet would be a mistake. I'd be very worried if the FA Trophy draw brought Wrexham or Stockport to Bolitho.

That said I'll not let a handful of neds take centre stage  The joy on the faces of team and fans after the spot kick shoot out is the kind of experience that makes football special. Well done Parkway. Super day out!

No mention of any trouble by any reports I have seen and I have to say I haven’t seen any trouble when I have attended. 
I do know there have been certain argyle trouble makers who have attended when they been unable to get in home park and caused issues. 
this is definitely something parkway will not want and I’m sure if there been trouble these individuals will be banned.
 it wants to be a family club for kids and family’s  to attend 

2 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

No mention of any trouble by any reports I have seen and I have to say I haven’t seen any trouble when I have attended. 
I do know there have been certain argyle trouble makers who have attended when they been unable to get in home park and caused issues. 
this is definitely something parkway will not want and I’m sure if there been trouble these individuals will be banned.
 it wants to be a family club for kids and family’s  to attend 

Well a DH fan clearly had cuts from an altercation and I definitely saw a fracas outside the clubhouse minutes after the penalty shoot out. Clubs often downplay issues. Sinon Hallett, to his credit, has taken firm action against the Stone Island wannabe types who caused trouble at Argyle  v Wigan recently. As Parkway get bigger, as I think they will, they will attract some undesirables, they need to act and weed these types out.

I should add,  I've had a couple of small scale incidents towards ny partner and I when visiting as a Bucks fan  Nothing too serious, but enough to leave a poor impression.

That siad, everything  else about the club makes you want to be part of their exciting journey.  I have started to come to Bolitho again and I want both of us to enjoy the experience.

If the away form can improve I can see Parkway in the SL playoffs.  Still think a top quality striker is needed. Crago has done OK. I loved him in a Tavi shirt out wide, but a centre-forward he isn't, despite a good goal return.

Interesting times!

2 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

Good luck to Parkway for a Home draw-

All the "Big" clubs are through York C,-Stockport C.-Wrexham-Southend U.-Yeovil T.-Notts.C.

But no Devon derby with Torquay U. who out.

Gutted to see the Gulls out. Was so wanting Gulls v Parkway!

14 hours ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Well a DH fan clearly had cuts from an altercation and I definitely saw a fracas outside the clubhouse minutes after the penalty shoot out. Clubs often downplay issues. Sinon Hallett, to his credit, has taken firm action against the Stone Island wannabe types who caused trouble at Argyle  v Wigan recently. As Parkway get bigger, as I think they will, they will attract some undesirables, they need to act and weed these types out.

I should add,  I've had a couple of small scale incidents towards ny partner and I when visiting as a Bucks fan  Nothing too serious, but enough to leave a poor impression.

That siad, everything  else about the club makes you want to be part of their exciting journey.  I have started to come to Bolitho again and I want both of us to enjoy the experience.

If the away form can improve I can see Parkway in the SL playoffs.  Still think a top quality striker is needed. Crago has done OK. I loved him in a Tavi shirt out wide, but a centre-forward he isn't, despite a good goal return.

Interesting times!

Stuff on the Argyle PASOTI site and Dulwich Hamlet fans forums about the isolated incidents at Bolitho on Saturday. If it is a small bunch of idiots, then it's something the club needs to get on top of and quickly. I have heard first hand reports of  how Taunton Town in the Southern League Prem have had problems at times with a bunch of undesirables that have hooked onto them (the police had to turn up in numbers to deal with trouble in their match v Salisbury a few seasons ago) Real shame that this has taken a slight bit of gloss off a superb win on Saturday, sounds like a very good National League South team was outplayed over the 90 minutes. Parkway must fancy their chances against anybody at home.

One last thing, it's a real shame that the club have taken the decision to stop showing the excellent highlights packages in the day or so after the game. Gather it's because they want to keep all tactics, routines and formations under wraps, but it has broken the link between the club and the far flung and long term supporters that they have (in my case since the SWL days) who can't attend matches.

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday & Sunday 18 & 19 December 2021
6 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Stuff on the Argyle PASOTI site and Dulwich Hamlet fans forums about the isolated incidents at Bolitho on Saturday. If it is a small bunch of idiots, then it's something the club needs to get on top of and quickly. I have heard first hand reports of  how Taunton Town in the Southern League Prem have had problems at times with a bunch of undesirables that have hooked onto them (the police had to turn up in numbers to deal with trouble in their match v Salisbury a few seasons ago) Real shame that this has taken a slight bit of gloss off a superb win on Saturday, sounds like a very good National League South team was outplayed over the 90 minutes. Parkway must fancy their chances against anybody at home.

One last thing, it's a real shame that the club have taken the decision to stop showing the excellent highlights packages in the day or so after the game. Gather it's because they want to keep all tactics, routines and formations under wraps, but it has broken the link between the club and the far flung and long term supporters that they have (in my case since the SWL days) who can't attend matches.

No comment at all from the club on the Trouble !

I don’t think is helping with the rumours.If as is being said the police turned up and have taken cctv away and several away supporters where physically assaulted also suggesting the troublemakers were linked or connected to the management 

this is terrible news for the club and the image it wants to show.
I have to say I haven’t personally seen any trouble there myself but thee has been times I’ve seen certain people around the clubhouse etc drunk and shouting at various opposition players  , hopefully the club comment and ban anyone seen to incite trouble. 

On the match highlights I fully agree I do miss the highlights and goals  i can’t seriously believe that they are worried an opposition manager will watch a 3 min highlights package  and pick up tactics  

18 hours ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Interesting times!

780 mile round trip to Spennymoor Town, County Durham.

National League North, currently lying in 12th position.

A lot more stronger teams than Spennymoor left in the competition but it's up in 'Geordie Land' a hot bed of Non League football, good luck to the team and management. 

2 hours ago, FutureGK said:

Dicky Evans must be losing money hand over fist? If the S4C doesn’t happen I can’t see, why he would keep hold of TCFC?  Be good to hear from Alex Black on the podcast again…

To be honest, I thought they'd dump City after they got their mitts on the money for Treyew Road. 

I can't see them dropping Truro, as they've submitted plans to the council to improve the facilities at Carnon Downs.

11 hours ago, FutureGK said:

Dicky Evans must be losing money hand over fist? If the S4C doesn’t happen I can’t see, why he would keep hold of TCFC?  Be good to hear from Alex Black on the podcast again…

As we head towards the 12 month anniversary of the departure from Treyew Road and Bolitho Park ground sharing being revealed I agree, it would be good to get Alex Black back on the podcast.

An absence of information or communications from Truro City/Pirates regarding the progress of the new ground is the reason why people have jumped on the Carnon Downs story.