Saltash Borough              8-0         Callington Town Reserves

St Dominick                      2-2        Sticker Reserves

WEST

Illogan RBL                        4-2        Perranwell

Ludgvan                            1-0         St Agnes

Perranporth                     2-4          Mullion

St Ives Town                     1-1          Hayle

Truro City Reserves        0-2       Falmouth Town AFC Reserves

Polperro v St Mawgan is a 4pm ko. Thanks to Steve Carpenter for going above and behind to get us a fixture with so many teams unwilling/unable to travel, and to Luke Wilkes for finding us a referee at such short notice. Without these guys there are no games 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 11 September 2021

Illogan 4, Perranwell 2

Much livelier 2nd half after a dreadful 1st. Pen on 45+3 for Illogan, scored by their No 6. Perran equalised on 51, a deep cross from the left not attacked by the home 'keeper but it only took Illogan 3 mins to score again, a near post header from a right wing corner. It was 3 - 1 on 76, a close range finish after approach-work on the right. A great individual effort made it 4 - 1 in the 90th minute only for Perran to nick one back on 90+6. When the moaning guy next to me was leaving before the end I warned him, toung in cheek, he might miss a last-minute goal flurry!

Not the best game, but only a quid for me to get in, couple of teas at £1, nice weather, so not a bad afternoon. Maybe 80 or so in attendance. Someone else will have to supply the names of the scorers!

On 11/09/2021 at 21:03, Tom Trust said:

Illogan 4, Perranwell 2

Much livelier 2nd half after a dreadful 1st. Pen on 45+3 for Illogan, scored by their No 6. Perran equalised on 51, a deep cross from the left not attacked by the home 'keeper but it only took Illogan 3 mins to score again, a near post header from a right wing corner. It was 3 - 1 on 76, a close range finish after approach-work on the right. A great individual effort made it 4 - 1 in the 90th minute only for Perran to nick one back on 90+6. When the moaning guy next to me was leaving before the end I warned him, toung in cheek, he might miss a last-minute goal flurry!

Not the best game, but only a quid for me to get in, couple of teas at £1, nice weather, so not a bad afternoon. Maybe 80 or so in attendance. Someone else will have to supply the names of the scorers!

Good to get back to winning ways for Illogan...with a hefty number of players unavailable including a recognised goalkeeper.  

Archie with the pen..

Ashley with the two poacher goals 

Jordan with the bit of brilliance at the end. 

All the best to Simon Ellis ame James Mowberry? Nasty clash of heads..

Good luck for the rest of the season Peranwell..always a good sporting side 

FB_IMG_1631439641294.jpg

Bazza not a recognised 'keeper?

And belatedly, how crass of a league to introduce ground conditions that one of its teams cannot meet; like saying "we don't want you in our league". Perranwell's village ground was (well, for 2nd team, still is) a community focus, as in "grass roots", so, hey, let's kick that into touch and force one of our members to move to another pitch, out of the village and with no facilities. Perranwell's sideways sloping pitch may have been a bit of an oddity but for me was always part of the colour of local football. Good luck to the club.

1 hour ago, Tom Trust said:

Bazza not a recognised 'keeper?

And belatedly, how crass of a league to introduce ground conditions that one of its teams cannot meet; like saying "we don't want you in our league". Perranwell's village ground was (well, for 2nd team, still is) a community focus, as in "grass roots", so, hey, let's kick that into touch and force one of our members to move to another pitch, out of the village and with no facilities. Perranwell's sideways sloping pitch may have been a bit of an oddity but for me was always part of the colour of local football. Good luck to the club.

I don’t think it was as much the league Tom as differences with the Parish Council!

1 hour ago, Tom Trust said:

Can't lay this one at our door I'm afraid Tom.  When the re-org was implemented the FA allowed a 12 month dispensation for those clubs whose grounds didn't meet the grading criteria which the slope at Perranwell didn't.  The club were very aware of this and were working on a plan with the Parish Council to get the ground 'levelled' and were granted an extension.  Obviously the work hasn't been done and my understanding is that progress with the Council has been slow.  With the FA now standing firm on all grading matters in the NLS and the Feeder Leagues Perranwell had to find an alternative ground by the end of this season or leave the league.  The pitch at Tregye is good and the changing facilities are excellent.  Hopefully the club and the Parish Council can ensure a return to the village in the not too distant future once the slope issue is resolved.