Penzance                     0-0         Porthleven

WALTER C PARSON LEAGUE CUP, First Round

Holsworthy                  0-5       Okehampton Argyle

Newton Abbot Spurs     3-5          Callington Town

Torpoint Athletic          4-2        Dobwalls

@Dave Deacon

seeing as I’m not allowed to private message you

Good morning,

This is an open forum to discuss football & goings on in the southwest, twice I’ve posted and created a thread for a discussion & twice you’ve removed my posts. Why?

suppressing free speech on a free open forum is not correct nor is it something you should be doing. 

Hi there Greygen - firstly apologies you weren’t able to private message me. Not sure why, but I’ll check that my Inbox isn’t full in the minute.

Regarding the deletions of some of your posts and by the way yesterday’s wasn’t actually removed by me, but I would have done the same to be fair. The reason is that this is a forum regarding football, not a platform for discussing outside topics, even if they relate to personnel connected with our local clubs.

In the main I would like to think we don’t suppress free speech, but sorry if you disagree.

Nevertheless, we do reserve the right to remove any posts we consider inappropriate for this football forum.

Regards

Dave Deacon

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

Hi there Greygen - firstly apologies you weren’t able to private message me. Not sure why, but I’ll check that my Inbox isn’t full in the minute.

Regarding the deletions of some of your posts and by the way yesterday’s wasn’t actually removed by me, but I would have done the same to be fair. The reason is that this is a forum regarding football, not a platform for discussing outside topics, even if they relate to personnel connected with our local clubs.

In the main I would like to think we don’t suppress free speech, but sorry if you disagree.

Nevertheless, we do reserve the right to remove any posts we consider inappropriate for this football forum.

Regards

Dave Deacon

Went and watched callington Tuesday night. Was very very impressed actually . Went 2.0 up early doors , Jake Miller again . Seen he played for tavi tho other day . He should always be at that level or higher , probably the best midfielder in the league or at least one of . Big tall striker number 9 don’t no his name but he was a handful and could run for a big guy . Very comfortable first half . Different game second half the visitors come out with intensity and got a goal back after about 10 mins . The game went end to end then, both teams had chances then Cally took over and went 3-1 4-1 5-1 . The game looked over but the away team rallied the last 10 mins and got another 2 goals so ended 5-3 . Another goal in the second half for Miller and the big number 9 . Another stand out player was the young sub that come on … very surprised how much of a good game it was .Can see callington pushing on now and them getting some good results. 

42 minutes ago, Slidetackletechnician said:

Went and watched callington Tuesday night. Was very very impressed actually . Went 2.0 up early doors , Jake Miller again . Seen he played for tavi tho other day . He should always be at that level or higher , probably the best midfielder in the league or at least one of . Big tall striker number 9 don’t no his name but he was a handful and could run for a big guy . Very comfortable first half . Different game second half the visitors come out with intensity and got a goal back after about 10 mins . The game went end to end then, both teams had chances then Cally took over and went 3-1 4-1 5-1 . The game looked over but the away team rallied the last 10 mins and got another 2 goals so ended 5-3 . Another goal in the second half for Miller and the big number 9 . Another stand out player was the young sub that come on … very surprised how much of a good game it was .Can see callington pushing on now and them getting some good results. 

Not sure why Miller isn’t playing for  tavi full time. They desperately need a player like miller and can offer him better standard of football that he should be playing in 

On 09/09/2021 at 09:05, sportsman10 said:

Not sure why Miller isn’t playing for  tavi full time. They desperately need a player like miller and can offer him better standard of football that he should be playing in 

Jake Miller is probably too good for the SW Peninsula League, don't know what his personal circumstances are (possibly can't commit to extra travel because of work/family). Know that he was announced as a Bideford signing back in the early summer though.

On 16/09/2021 at 12:31, Way Of The Park said:

Jake Miller is probably too good for the SW Peninsula League, don't know what his personal circumstances are (possibly can't commit to extra travel because of work/family). Know that he was announced as a Bideford signing back in the early summer though.

He runs his own business and has no children He Rather just get paid £120 and play for a  bang avg team and look class every week . Instead of pushing himself. He’s got plenty of ability just big timer