Cornwall Football Forum

I doubt any St Piran's players are under contract :lol:

My understanding is the Whole Game System will "release" players in June/July as it does every year, just because that's the way it's set up. Be a case of re-registering players then. Can't imagine it being any different. 

In terms of "illegal approaches" it will be based on league rules surely? All league rules will stipulate dates that approaches to players can/cannot be made.

11 hours ago, Bantona said:

With this season’s league being a new league and it being null and voided; does that mean players are all free agents?

Unless contracted all players registrations are for one season only and they become 'free agents' on 1st June.

36 minutes ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

In terms of "illegal approaches" it will be based on league rules surely? All league rules will stipulate dates that approaches to players can/cannot be made.

Illegal approaches are covered by FA regulations not league rules and as such any allegations of an illegal approach (at our level) are dealt with by the CCFA.

5 minutes ago, Steve Carpenter said:

Unless contracted all players registrations are for one season only and they become 'free agents' on 1st June.

Illegal approaches are covered by FA regulations not league rules and as such any allegations of an illegal approach (at our level) are dealt with by the CCFA.

June 1st for re-registering.

Thanks very much Steve, I was close! Do you know what the illegal approach dates are? I'm Sure Bantona wants to know so he can either protect his own players or tap up new ones! :lol:

12 minutes ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

June 1st for re-registering.

Thanks very much Steve, I was close! Do you know what the illegal approach dates are? I'm Sure Bantona wants to know so he can either protect his own players or tap up new ones! :lol:

There are no dates FT3.  Quite simply by the letter of the law if a player is registered to a club and he is approached by another without 7 days being submitted then that is an illegal approach.  

49 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Do players still have to physically sign a document each year so a club can register them Steve? 

It’s done online Dave via email. 

4 hours ago, Steve Carpenter said:

Thanks Steve. 

9 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

So what's to stop a club sending the re-registration online in through the correct system for a player who actually doesn't want to stay at that club after the 1st June? 

Players have to accept consent - electronically sign for the club (very important detail) before that club can submit the registration to the relevant League(s). 

I had it a few times last year where a player dual signed and said "I didn't sign for that club". I then ask them if they signed for their new club and they say yes... I check the email addresses to make sure they are the same and they always were. So, it helps you to cover all bases.

It also reduced the amount of "fraudulent" signings as it is alot harder to fake an email address than a signature. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 03/06/2020 at 11:12, WendronOfficial said:

Is there are time saving way of re-registering players/requesting their consent other than doing it for each individual? There’s a tab to assign multiple players to a team, but I can’t see one to request consent? 
thanks 

Yeah, you can do them in bulk however that option isn't available until your club has been sanctioned and affiliated. Once that's sorted, you can bulk-request and bulk submit etc. 

There's not been any news on when we can start registering players etc - I would hope that Cornwall FA will allow this option soon, however I know it won't be as simple as just "opening up the sanction". My bet is that everything is sorted and ready to go but they're waiting for the details from Bluefin and/or the FA before they do so.  In the past, I've requested the league sanctions take place in early July, normally straight after the League AGM's.

With all AGMs being done via the postal method, I would expect a big delay in the sanctioning process. St Piran will have to wait for the SWPL's AGM to be completed and finalised, Combo will have to wait for St Piran's and Trelawny will need to wait for Combo etc so it's a long, drawn out process.

From what I understand, Trelawny haven't had a single person come forward for their advertised roles which is slightly concerning.

56 minutes ago, John Mead said:

There will be no movements in or out of SWPL or St Piran leagues, so Trelawny & Duchy only have to wait for Combo & ECPL to complete their AGMs. Combo's postal AGM completes on Monday 15th, so any new teams can be announced by Tuesday 16th.

So Porthleven Reserves not going into SPL John?