Cornwall Football Forum

Club Quiz

Adlestrop

Can you identify the names of Cornish Football  Clubs in different Leagues from the following clues?

1)  It's certainly a chore to find this Club

2) A Shakespearian greeting by the sound of it.

3) Rachel's tonic will reveal this one.

4) Writer's insects ?

5) You need to change nothing to find this Club.

Lostwithiel. I don't remember that happening, was it the second team? When you visit again come up and introduce yourself and i will buy you a pint after if you are able to stay after. It takes a while for me to be able to walk after a shower. It is always good to meet fellow Forum members. Stay safe and well and roll on the next quiz and next season.

9 minutes ago, Adlestrop said:

Billy, the reason for the abandonements was because "the referee LOST HIS WHISTLE" sorry for the atrocious pun.

Brilliant you were way ahead of me. The offer still stands by the way. We have a lovely ground and well worth a visit in Autumn and with me playing there are always goals.

1 hour ago, Adlestrop said:

Absolutely correct Billy-Take a bow!

Billy,I hope your Club has better luck next(?) season. On my 3 visits last season all games were abandoned before half time !!

Arent they called Buckfastleigh Rangers!!!

On 21/04/2020 at 12:36, Adlestrop said:

Can you identify the names of Cornish Football  Clubs in different Leagues from the following clues?

1)  It's certainly a chore to find this Club

2) A Shakespearian greeting by the sound of it.

3) Rachel's tonic will reveal this one.

4) Writer's insects ?

5) You need to change nothing to find this Club.

Could we have the answers please Adlestrop.

5 hours ago, Billy Davies said:

Lostwithiel. I don't remember that happening, was it the second team? When you visit again come up and introduce yourself and i will buy you a pint after if you are able to stay after. It takes a while for me to be able to walk after a shower. It is always good to meet fellow Forum members. Stay safe and well and roll on the next quiz and next season.

His identity, You may well be surprised Biĺly!!

11 hours ago, Billy Davies said:

I don't have a clue who Adelstrop is. Give me a clue Unclebilltc!! 

Ed someone or someone Thomas?

It wouldn't be correct for me to divulge an identity on here Bill. All I will say is that Ed or Thomas aren't correct, he wouldn't 'have a pint' after a game because he doesn't drink. You have though, known him for many, many years in more than one area of Cornish football. He is in fact still  prominent in one of those areas. I will let you stew on that Bill but as I say wont confirm any further guesses right or wrong for the previously mentioned reason. You know me too, although several years ago now! 

26 minutes ago, unclebilltc said:

It wouldn't be correct for me to divulge an identity on here Bill. All I will say is that Ed or Thomas aren't correct, he wouldn't 'have a pint' after a game because he doesn't drink. You have though, known him for many, many years in more than one area of Cornish football. He is in fact still  prominent in one of those areas. I will let you stew on that Bill but as I say wont confirm any further guesses right or wrong for the previously mentioned reason. You know me too, although several years ago now! 

Unclebilltc do you think it would be a good idea to arrange some sort of get together for Forum regulars when this whole thing has been put behind us. I work in The Health care system and It would be great to meet up and just share memories. Others are welcome to share their thoughts but i for one would love to meet up, beers or o beers.

2 hours ago, Billy Davies said:

Unclebilltc do you think it would be a good idea to arrange some sort of get together for Forum regulars when this whole thing has been put behind us. I work in The Health care system and It would be great to meet up and just share memories. Others are welcome to share their thoughts but i for one would love to meet up, beers or o beers.

Interesting suggestion! 

1 hour ago, Billy Davies said:

Somewhere Central, Truro or St Austell maybe. Only those that want to come will come and it could be a top night. Bring it on!!!!!! Unclebilltc are you or have you been involved with Truro City and is Adelstrop a ref/former ref. Cheers Bill.

That's a cracking suggestion Bill and yes a good gathering could have an entertaining evening for sure. No more responses re Adelstrop as earlier indicated, hopefully he will introduce himself on his next visit to Losty then you could reflect on this bit of fun. Myself, no never been involved with Truro City although I do have a little link many, many years ago.