Cornwall Football Forum

Kernow Stone Cup semi-final draw

13 hours ago, mattelot said:

What are the venues for these games

Now we know who's through the arrangements will be made.  I'll be in touch with potential hosts over the next week or so and I hope to have everything finalised as soon as possible.

12 hours ago, Sponge said:

Why are the semi finals so late in the season? Also being evening games I presume the venues will be floodlit grounds?

Because we have to complete all of our divisional fixtures by 9th May league fixtures have to take priority to ensure that this (FA) deadline can be met.  Available dates are at a premium.  The dates quoted are provisional and will depend on host ground availability and the impacts to any league fixtures.   If they are confirmed as mid-week games then yes, then the venues will be floodlit.

2 minutes ago, winston said:

Wonder if the league will choose an evening floodlit final or Bank Holiday like other finals. Any dates pencilled in Steve? 

No dates as such yet but we'll be discussing that at our next Committee meeting a week on Wednesday.  As was touched on at our SGM last Wednesday the plan is to have the East and West champions playing each other for the League Trophy as well as the Cup Final on the same day at the same venue with all proceeds going to the Benevolent Fund.  This is of course dependent on who gets to the final and who wins the Divisions but we do have one or two alternative thoughts.  The early May Bank Holiday being moved to Friday 8th wasn't very helpful as Monday 10th would have been ideal. 

7 hours ago, Steve Carpenter said:

Now we know who's through the arrangements will be made.  I'll be in touch with potential hosts over the next week or so and I hope to have everything finalised as soon as possible.

Because we have to complete all of our divisional fixtures by 9th May league fixtures have to take priority to ensure that this (FA) deadline can be met.  Available dates are at a premium.  The dates quoted are provisional and will depend on host ground availability and the impacts to any league fixtures.   If they are confirmed as mid-week games then yes, then the venues will be floodlit.

No dates as such yet but we'll be discussing that at our next Committee meeting a week on Wednesday.  As was touched on at our SGM last Wednesday the plan is to have the East and West champions playing each other for the League Trophy as well as the Cup Final on the same day at the same venue with all proceeds going to the Benevolent Fund.  This is of course dependent on who gets to the final and who wins the Divisions but we do have one or two alternative thoughts.  The early May Bank Holiday being moved to Friday 8th wasn't very helpful as Monday 10th would have been ideal. 

Bank Holiday was changed from the 4th to the 8th so still no good.

• 4 weeks later...
On 02/03/2020 at 20:16, Mike Odgers said:

Any confirmation on the date or venue ? as I am gathering notes/news for the Falmouth programme

Should have final details tomorrow Mike.

25 minutes ago, Dagerags said:

Shame the semis are now after the season finishes. 

the cup seems like an afterthought. Played a quarter final on the 8th of feb and have to wait I’ll April the 27th for the semi. 

The season doesn't finish until 9th May. 

Far from an afterthought but with all of the postponements the Cup has had to take a bit of a back seat so that the FA deadline can be met.  Once finalised (hopefully tomorrow) the semi final dates and venues will be announced.