Cornwall Football Forum

WCP Cup (3) Bickland Park 2-30pm KO

Falmouth return to Bickland Park for the first time in  5 weeks with Torridgeside from the SWPL Prem.East as visitors for a WCP (SWP) League Cup tie.

The Torrington based club from North Devon made the same journey  two seasons ago in the same competition who were then a lower SWPL Div.1 East club-The result being 4-1 to Town (J.Annear-L.Brabyn-M.Jones 2)

Today both clubs are at step 6 with Falmouth lying in 7th.(Prem.West) and Torridgeside 8th.(Prem.East).

A pre match ceremony will be held in the clubhouse to invited crew and family  from The Falmouth Lifeboat station and also a special invitation to family and players of the Falmouth Youth community football group will make it a special occasion.

The day will be saddened by the untimely passing in midweek of F.Troop stalwart John Martin but his immediate family wish the show to go on         so a two minute silence will be observed and for  also Falmouth Life President Roger Fenner who recently passed away.

Be there at Bickland Park

Yes a very special but emotional day at Bickland Park is expected tomorrow afternoon Mike. I have to be honest, I don't know much about Torredgeside, but there's no way we will underestimate any opposition.

John Martin will be really missed by everyone in the F-Troop, match days will never be quite the same without him. He was a gentleman who's enthusiasm for the reformed FBB/F-Troop rubbed off on everyone around him. God bless you John. 

I am sure the 2 minutes silence for John and Roger with our scarves held aloft will be special and our thoughts and sympathy go with the families of both of these Falmouth Town legends.

Tomorrow in the words of the great Sabu...…...."All roads lead to Bickland Park"

7 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

3 times more than I thought there was there...lol

Baks, the main grandstand was full, all along the top rail and down the Packet End side from the entrance gate,  then the Torridgeside fans behind the goal at the far end. Add to that the 250 strong F-Troop under and around the Packet End shed. I actually thought we had broken the 700 mark.

1 minute ago, Jeff Chambers said:

Baks, the main grandstand was full, all along the top rail and down the Packet End side from the entrance gate,  then the Torridgeside fans behind the goal at the far end. Add to that the 250 strong F-Troop under and around the Packet End. I actually thought we had broken the 700 mark.

Oh dear! He posted the picture 3 times...duh!

Lmfao!

On 18/01/2020 at 17:09, Mike Odgers said:

Result  4--2  (Dave Broglino 2 (16m,40m.Pen)/Luke Barner 2 (66m,72m H)---Tyler Evan-Sloude (45m+1), Nick Glover 81m)

Just heard the gate (from the Radio ) 700

Noticed ex town defender Neil Bettis now playing for Torridgeside mike .Was he with us in the Steve Massey Era ?

5 minutes ago, mattelot said:

Noticed ex town defender Neil Bettis now playing for Torridgeside mike .Was he with us in the Steve Massey Era ?

Yes Nige 2007/8 Steve Massey era - Neil Bettis from Bideford or Barnstaple along with others Aaron Harper-Penman-Rob Francis-Lee Langmead. then there was.Kain & Clay Bond (S.Devon) and then all the Plymouth players

The only regular local players in that season were Darren Burchell (Illogan) and Ben Goldring (Penryn?)

57 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

Yes Nige 2007/8 Steve Massey era - Neil Bettis from Bideford or Barnstaple along with others Aaron Harper-Penman-Rob Francis-Lee Langmead. then there was.Kain & Clay Bond (S.Devon) and then all the Plymouth players

The only regular local players in that season were Darren Burchell (Illogan) and Ben Goldring (Penryn?)

Thankfully we won't be going down that route again .leave it to others .