Cornwall Football Forum

Thoughts on players registered with several teams

I agree with Dave, from a players point of view  he's is able to get a chance to play at a higher level and also it can mean better players playing in lower leagues which will help raise standard. The only down side is if so called star players drop down into teams it may mean regular players may miss out. 

On 16/08/2019 at 12:53, stevieb said:

Why doesn't  Cornwall as a county bring in you sign  for one club only , instead  of being able to sign for multiple  teams over different leagues . Surely  would make registration  easier for clubs , leagues  ? 

Because much as we may like to we can't.  The FA rules are very clear (see my post under the 'Rules' topic in the Duchy/Trelawny forum) - multiple club signings are allowed unless a player is under contract.  These rules apply nationally.

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Was particular bored once a few years ago, and was looking through the list of players suspended by the  Devon FA. One player (Mark Loram I seem to remember) was signed on for clubs across six leagues across various levels of Saturday and Sunday league, can anybody beat that?

I registered a player last season - the notice of approach was sent to 7 individual clubs. I couldn't register him for his club until the eighth day as only five of the seven waived the notice. Bonkers