Cornwall Football Forum

Im Delighted to announce that I'll be taking over as 1st team manager at Penryn Athletic next season. I'd like to thank Mike Young and everyone at the club for giving me this massive opportunity, and I can't wait to get started.

Id also like to say a huge thankyou to Richard Chown, everybody behind the scenes and ofcorse all the players for a very successful and memorable 4 years at carharrack. 5 trophies, 3 cups, 2 league titles and a promotion, its been emotional and I'd like to thank everyone who made all that possible! Made some amazing memories and its a shame that it's all come to an end, but the coyc will always be in my heart. 

After meeting with the committee down at Penryn, I can tell already that I'm taking over a club run by passionate people. And I'm looking forward to working with them. 

Thankyou Carharrack, Hello Penryn

On 02/06/2018 at 18:56, CornishRhino said:

Exciting times ahead at Penryn.

Let’s hope Penryn get a side this year challenging for titles and cups as they always used to....having watched the current team I don’t think they were far away from a really good team....but now Carharrack taking over, all those good Penryn lads will have to find another club or drop down to 2nd Team in Trelawny League? Heard the whole current Carharrack team going to Penryn with the manager to start!? ?

certainly Interesting times ahead!!

From what I watched this season Penryn they have a few good players. Mixed with new faces coming from Carharrack which is inevitable, with the team playing under the manager for a few seasons. It can only benefit Penryn to have a strong squad old and new players. I imagine they will be a match for a few teams in SWPL Div 1 West next season. Good luck to the new set-up, manager has done all he can at Carharrack (pretty impressive) now time to try his hand at the next level up. Good appointment by Penryn.