Cornwall Football Forum

Morrish Truscott RIP

Dave Deacon

Some more very sad news - just been informed that Morrish Truscott sadly passed away this morning.

Morrish would have been 78 this August.

Morrish has featured, in one form or another, with a handful of the more traditional Cornish clubs - ie Nanpean Rovers, Newquay, Wadebridge and Truro and of course was involved at County level as well. 

Condolences to his family and close friends and another great Cornish footballing character lost, but not forgotten.

Think Tom just said it all, first met Morrish in my first season for the County Youth team back in about 83/84 when he was manager. Really top bloke and his happiness and enthusiasm rubbed off on everyone. Called everyone “Woscombe” when he first met you! You knew you’d made it when he remembered your name and you weren’t a woscombe anymore!! ! Lovely guy who will be missed by many especially at Truro City where he was part of the furniture for many years.  RIP Morrish ⚽️

Very sad to hear of the death of Morrish Truscott, another player and manager with close connections to Newquay Football Club. Morrish joined the Newquay Club as a player in 1971. He served as Manager of both the Cornwall Combination and South Western League teams, winning the Combination League in 1974/75 and both the South Western League and Charity Cup in 1977/78. From all at Mount Wise, sincere condolences to Margaret and family. R.I.P. 

Very sad news indeed, known Morrish for over 30 years a true gentleman of football, will always remember how proud he was to be on the players coach when we went to Wembley, also will never forget when we played away against Newquay many years ago, he called me over to show me a team photograph on the clubhouse wall, his comment was look  that's me there when I used to have hair. Condolences to Margaret and family from all the red and blacks at Treyew Road.

Thanks so much everyone, your condolences are very appreciated. Morrish was my grandfather and between him and my dad Paul they introduced me to the game and trained me. Some of you may know me from local football, but I'll be forvever in the shadow of my grandad Morrish who I consider to be a legend. His dedication to Cornish football was absolutely unwavering. I'm extremely proud to carry his name on in the Cornish game. Again, many thanks! RIP grandad.