Cornwall Football Forum

Applications for entry to combination league

1 minute ago, justin1 said:

What positions do you need wazza to be accepted???

Applicants must finish top 4 and it's the two highest placed teams within that top four who should be promoted. 

As it stands, that's West Cornwall and Lizard Argyle. Unfortunately we are out of the running I would've thought but Pendeen will still fancy themselves. 

I imagine all four applicants have passed grading?

3 minutes ago, WendronOfficial said:

Applicants must finish top 4 and it's the two highest placed teams within that top four who should be promoted. 

As it stands, that's West Cornwall and Lizard Argyle. Unfortunately we are out of the running I would've thought but Pendeen will still fancy themselves. 

I imagine all four applicants have passed grading?

What about csm surely they should win the league?? So you can't be maid to go up?? If you win the league you don't have to go up?? Surely combo is what every club wants and your info was a big help last night thanks again..

You have to apply and meet all the criteria to achieve promotion. CSM would be within their rights to apply, but given they play the next town away from where they get changed I'd be surprised if that was acceptable! Alas, just a guess on my part, who knows these days!

2 minutes ago, le boss said:

And I can't see the combo league allowing CSM to have played on 15 league games at this state of the season. Makes a mockery of the Trelawney league in MY opinion.

le boss, totally agree, CSM are afforded leeway every season - I know they complete their fixtures and would argue playing 10 games in a week balances it out - but it just seems wrong. 

Not so sure the Combo would actually raise any opposition, though, RNAS Culdrose are 10 games behind with no punishment (fully appreciate they may have players on deployment and we are all 100% behind them) - just a question of parity in a league one below senior football. 

True wazza. 

Ive lost your contact details confirming this week so I'll inbox you on here if that's ok? 

As for CSM, one of those sides who if you catch near the holidays then you stand a good chance of winning, or if they have a run of games like they currently do. Good side though. Also, quite a high turnover of players due to most of them being in the area temporarily - but same could be said about a lot of teams. The fact that they rent from us too is against them, especially as the pitch they currently rent isn't up to Combination standard. 

2 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

le boss, totally agree, CSM are afforded leeway every season - I know they complete their fixtures and would argue playing 10 games in a week balances it out - but it just seems wrong. 

Not so sure the Combo would actually raise any opposition, though, RNAS Culdrose are 10 games behind with no punishment (fully appreciate they may have players on deployment and we are all 100% behind them) - just a question of parity in a league one below senior football. 

Think the culdrose scenario should also be looked into a little deeper because they have players playing for them who are not servicemen!?!

53 minutes ago, justin1 said:

Think you'll find he works at culdrose don't you Mr bartlam lol..

I do indeed... Never played for their Saturday side mind.

6 hours ago, le boss said:

And so perhaps the need for all the dispensation they receive because of leave may not be so appropriate 

You will find that the vast majority of the people at the club are servicemen and women. From players to volunteers; each have to spend a very long time away from their families at times. Many also do not live in Cornwall so leave periods are the perfect opportunity for them to go home and see their families, for which many go months at a time without seeing. 

1 hour ago, B_D said:

I do indeed... Never played for their Saturday side mind.

You will find that the vast majority of the people at the club are servicemen and women. From players to volunteers; each have to spend a very long time away from their families at times. Many also do not live in Cornwall so leave periods are the perfect opportunity for them to go home and see their families, for which many go months at a time without seeing. 

If you say so. And no I have never played for the Saturday side. Think the key word is " majority ".  Thou do protest to loud!

49 minutes ago, le boss said:

If you say so. And no I have never played for the Saturday side. Think the key word is " majority ".  Thou do protest to loud!

Nee-naw, nee-naw! It's the grammar police I'm afraid! 

If you're going to try to use intellectual quotes then spell 'too' correctly...and now I have set myself up for a massive grammar or punctuation error. 

With you being a Helston man le boss, and previously managing one of the Helston sides, I would've thought you could have some empathy with Culdrose. A fair few Helston boys, and perhaps some of your own former players are from Culdrose and it's frustrating when they are away on leave - we have a fair few at Wendron so I speak from experience. So imagine when the 'majority' of your squad are away on leave. Culdrose are a credit to both the Combination League and Trelawny League. They are professional, always fulfill their fixtures and are an extremely well run club. 

They have developed their youth setup - which is impressive considering these players have no real ties to 'Culdrose'. But they have given these players a way into football, perhaps in a few years time as more of these youth players come through the ranks then they well not have to delay their season or have breaks and you shall have your wish. 

Although the whole starting/finishing late scenario is not ideal for CSM, Culdrose, or the sides that they are facing; both sides are a credit to Cornish football in what they offer and should not be punished for it. 

1 hour ago, WendronOfficial said:

Nee-naw, nee-naw! It's the grammar police I'm afraid! 

If you're going to try to use intellectual quotes then spell 'too' correctly...and now I have set myself up for a massive grammar or punctuation error. 

With you being a Helston man le boss, and previously managing one of the Helston sides, I would've thought you could have some empathy with Culdrose. A fair few Helston boys, and perhaps some of your own former players are from Culdrose and it's frustrating when they are away on leave - we have a fair few at Wendron so I speak from experience. So imagine when the 'majority' of your squad are away on leave. Culdrose are a credit to both the Combination League and Trelawny League. They are professional, always fulfill their fixtures and are an extremely well run club. 

They have developed their youth setup - which is impressive considering these players have no real ties to 'Culdrose'. But they have given these players a way into football, perhaps in a few years time as more of these youth players come through the ranks then they well not have to delay their season or have breaks and you shall have your wish. 

Although the whole starting/finishing late scenario is not ideal for CSM, Culdrose, or the sides that they are facing; both sides are a credit to Cornish football in what they offer and should not be punished for it. 

100 lines for me!! 'A' levels aren't worth the paper they are written on eh? Had matelots play for me and all of them lived locally and their families did TOO!! Just an aside, do the servicemen have to put their home addresses on the signing on forms or just the culdrose cover all address? In no way am I questioning how the above mentioned clubs are run but the diatribe about being away from thier families blah blah blah is what they signed up for and get paid handsomely for it - hardly national conscription is it? Hope you have your red marker pen ready lol. 

Forget your A levels, that wouldn't get you past your year 6 SATS these days, however the Trelawny section of the Cornish Football Forum is no place for me to rant about our current Department for Education. 

I may be wrong, but their leave is not just holiday time and an opportunity to go home? Regardless, if any team has players away one week it can be requested that a fixture be postponed and rearranged. 

I agree with what you say re: addresses etc. I just don't think it's very reasonable. Both sides fixtures are always played and fulfilled.