Cornwall Football Forum

Goldie close to breaking his own record!

Mark Goldsworthy needs just one more goal this season to break his own SWPL Division One West Golden Boot record

CARLSBERG SOUTH WEST PENINSULA LEAGUE : DIVISION ONE WEST

Top 10 Leading Goal-Scorers

PLAYERS NAMECLUBGOALS
Mark GoldsworthyHelston Athletic51
Jack BowyerSticker41
Lewis YoungVospers Oak Villa32
Jordan AnnearPorthleven29
Carl RickardSt Dennis29
Billy HopcroftBude Town24
Wade BrownMousehole16
Bradley WillsMousehole16
Tom ClevelandLiskeard Athletic14
As taken from the SWPL website

Cant argue its an outstanding record but why does he not try himself at a higher level. Been scoring goals in that league for fun over the last 3/4 seasons but against some very very poor sides.

Surely the lad must want to try himself at a higher and cant imagine he isnt short of offers???

Hopefully next season il be in the prem with Helston Teflon.. It's been hard to commit to too much travelling these last few years as Iv been saving as much as I can, to buy my first house, which means more evening work, and working Saturdays etc.  Iv managed to do that now, so next season il be able to travel more. I agreed with sid that this would be my last year at Helston if we didn't win the league and get promtion. I'd move on. Iv hated turning down some big clubs over the last couple of seasons, but due to other commitments Iv not been able to. But I am still only 23 so hopefully Iv got plenty more years left in me. One way or another il be playing in the prem next season, hopefully with Helston as its been one hell of a journey there! Sorry to bore you all.

Hopefully next season il be in the prem with Helston Teflon.. It's been hard to commit to too much travelling these last few years as Iv been saving as much as I can, to buy my first house, which means more evening work, and working Saturdays etc.  Iv managed to do that now, so next season il be able to travel more. I agreed with sid that this would be my last year at Helston if we didn't win the league and get promtion. I'd move on. Iv hated turning down some big clubs over the last couple of seasons, but due to other commitments Iv not been able to. But I am still only 23 so hopefully Iv got plenty more years left in me. One way or another il be playing in the prem next season, hopefully with Helston as its been one hell of a journey there! Sorry to bore you all.

​Well done Blues10 on showing commitment to your home town club and discussing/agreeing with your Manager what the future holds,a lot of players don't these days.

​I'm sure Promotion will be a certainty Mark!