Cornwall Football Forum

most games for the same club

club stalwarts are rare these days and i'd be interested to know which player has played the most games for a club. i have listed a few possible contenders:

falmouth town - keith manley, mervyn rich, richard gray

penryn athletic - robert riley, david foster

liskeard athletic - joe partridge, steve nute

torpoint athletic - lou deardon, brian mallett

newquay - david ball, luke weldhen

One player that comes to mind was the Tavistock goalkeeper Andy Meeds

Almost not the same when you see Tavi play and Andy Meeds is not playing. He won many a match for tavi, no doubt about it. Constantly telling his defenders to settle, settle. Good banter with him. Dont think youll see anyone stick with one club like that again.

i only said the liskeard keepers for their years at the club. joe was (i believe) a one club man aside from a spell at argyle and he was a permanent figure in the 1950s and 1960s.

steve nute was there in the 1980s when there were more games per season.

i bow to those in the know!

i only said the liskeard keepers for their years at the club. joe was (i believe) a one club man aside from a spell at argyle and he was a permanent figure in the 1950s and 1960s.

steve nute was there in the 1980s when there were more games per season.

i bow to those in the know!

I'm not in the know, purely suggesting that Brian would be the benchmark to beat!

The late Brian Bunney played 700 games or more for Liskeard and was never sent off or even booked in any of them. He was a defender which makes that record even more outstanding, although Brian did say to me when watching his grandsons playing for Dobwalls that he probably would not have escaped a booking or two in today,s football. A true gent though who played the game hard but fair.