Cornwall Football Forum

Good luck Helston

Just wanted to say good luck to Helston in the Senior Cup final. Great achievement for the town and club. The whole town seems to be getting behind the club, great spread in the paper, posters up around the town. Apparently 200 are making the trip that are known. So should be some great support and Bodmin should know they are in a game.

Also at the club today is a charity match, which was meant to be held on Boxing Day but cancelled due to the weather. So really nice to see the club giving something back.

Good luck for tomorrow, from all at Wendron.

Like I've sad before, we at Wendron hope to join you in a few years.

Thanks best.

Definitely have the ambition, we just weren't in the right position to sustain and keep hold of players last time round. The club has come on leaps and bounds since then, on and off the pitch. This time round we have the support, correct management, better squad - a fair few from that time, experience and know how. Plus some more developments on and off the field hopefully.

I think the players would have liked to see the season out, but it was probably the correct choice for the club as a whole when looking at the South Western side and Combo side that season.

Who's your manager now? I hope to see u back where u belong in the next few years

Better move the whole set-up nearer some people then. More farm animals than spectators.

Who's your manager now? I hope to see u back where u belong in the next few years

Better move the whole set-up nearer some people then. More farm animals than spectators.

Better move the whole set-up nearer some people then. More farm animals than spectators.Get a life you T##t!!!

>

Better move the whole set-up nearer some people then. More farm animals than spectators. Get a life you T##t!!!

Only the truth hurts - ouch!!!!! was it.

Nothing wrong with having a few farm animals round your club. They keep the grass short and you save on fertiliser. They're company when you get fogged in for the winter and the games get cancelled and they make more sense than a lot of committee members talking hot air. There's a Frisian called Patience behind the Farm End goal down St Just used to eat the ball if we needed to waste a bit of time to protect a lead.

And what's more, farm animals don't keep asking for brown envelopes.

The older I get...

Great video here from the late great Jack Prowse by Sky Sports after he won groundsman of the year for the upkeep of the hallowed turf at the Underlane. Perhaps a few more clubs could do with having more animals than people...

Enjoy

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RogTnWTIPUY

And again, good luck Helston.

From all at Wendron

Fantastic, remember watching that on sky sports news. Nice reminder of Jack for those that used to run into him a couple of times a season to play on his hallowed turf. Wouldn't mind betting the club will be where it deserves fairly soon, can see Paul assembling a team that will be challenging for the Combo league next season.

And good luck to Helston today, I don't think they will be there just to make up the numbers, reckon Sid will have a team talk to remember to fire the lads up!! Wish I could be there, Gritts is coming down from London especially to see the game!

Nothing wrong with having a few farm animals round your club. They keep the grass short and you save on fertiliser. They're company when you get fogged in for the winter and the games get cancelled and they make more sense than a lot of committee members talking hot air. There's a Frisian called Patience behind the Farm End goal down St Just used to eat the ball if we needed to waste a bit of time to protect a lead.

Was it called patience because you used to stand next to the poor soul ????

Have you watched that video Theolderiget?

Maybe you should think of the hard work that goes into clubs that have more animals than people before you criticise their achievements and ambitions

Will not play for some reason Mr Wendron. Cannot for the life of me see how you can construe that post as a criticism ????

I knew Jack very well...cracking fella, and a lot of other Wendron boys as well. I assure you it was not a snipe at Wendron merely a jovial observation.

When it comes to hard work - you're talking to the wrong person there bud - I know all about that.

I wish you well except when you play my team.

I think your original post was quite critical about our ambitions.

Well then, I expect you recognise the hard work that goes into running a club like 'The Mighty Dron'.

It's a shame the video won't play, it's a must see.

Shame the local farm animals don't count toward attendance, we would be up there with the best of them!

I think your original post was quite critical about our ambitions.

Well then, I expect you recognise the hard work that goes into running a club like 'The Mighty Dron'.

It's a shame the video won't play, it's a must see.

Shame the local farm animals don't count toward attendance, we would be up there with the best of them!

Very good. If the animals counted you WOULD be the best supported club in the county. Both laughing I hope :thumbsup:

What about donkeys, are they farm animals?

What about donkeys, are they farm animals?

No - that's the players..........................................I'll send myself off for that one. :SM_carton: