Cornwall Football Forum

Bad day for Tottenham

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The nonsense I read, "older", helps me to rise above your cliches. Most recently, I have been reading you ! Robbed by post, bar and JT falling over against Man Ure in Moscow, it was gratifying that the woodwork benefited on Chelsea's side for a change on 7 occcasions against Barca and Bayern. Yes, there were fortuitous elements. There were also elements of brilliance: the Ramirez goal, Drogba's workrate and Di Matteo's use of a threadbare squad. Glad you enjoyed he matches. Take the anti-intellectual chip off you shoulder and you'll enjoy even more life experiences. :)

Isaac is obviously over dosing on horlicks or the st just air!. Chelsea wont be competeing for the league or European cup this year, how can you say that you have a thread bare squad when the russian mafia man buys players for fun?

As for a previous post, im not claiming that United are the best in the Country or the City!!

When Chelski has some history, come back and we will compare notes B) :c:

History ! Look at the number of FA Cup wins.....soon to overtake various semi-dormant northern dinosaurs. What was in old Purple Nose's trophy room last season ? A carpet. Outplayed at home in a second rate European pub cup by a side that finished 30 points off the pace in the Spanish league. And now the only central defender who can give himself a leg strain sitting at home wih his feet up; and forget his drugs test because he wants to go shopping, applauds a shockingly inappropriate allegation about Cashley, Chelsea's upstanding, record-capped left back, seemngly implying that to tell the truth in court implies a change of racial identity. Just the kind of intelligent behaviour Purple Nose woud have wanted from a Leader on the eve of the season.

As the song goes: "Her Name is Rio and She Dances On The Sand."

Makes dear Wayne sound like the Brains trust. Thank goodness you still have Carrick trundling around somewhere vaguely related to the back four, or six.....nice marking for the Italian goal the other night.....

JT would not disgrace his club in this way. My only sorrow is that the fine was mere small change to an overpaid Man Ure prima donna...there should really have been a points deduction and a contempt of court charge.

Then there's yourself, Mr Keane. Judging by the frequency of your demand that we "Listen !" during your televised punditry, few players or supporters do so naturally. Your record at Sunderland and Ipswich bears this out. I suppose there's always the possibiliity of a change of career. Irish politics ? Darth Vader imitation for frightening children's parties ? Night clubs in some of the choicer parts of Northern post-industrial wastelands have a big turnover of bouncers. Your skills are certainly transferable outside football. How lovely that Haaland's old club so comprehensively humbled you last season.

As a Chelsea fan, I had the new experience of dancing a jig of glee when we conceded an 87th minute winner at the Etihad. Given the league sitution, I would have counselled the Blues to perform like Indonesian badminton players in any case. And of course, it made all the difference to the final day !

Why don't you sign Joey Barton ? He brought you closer to a trophy, as it turned out, than any of your Purple Noses. :yahoo:

You seem very concerned about Cities performances in alot of your posts. Reading between the lines, it seems that you like to run with the fox and bark with the hounds.....

Although your posts are a little amusing, i find myself assessing you as slightly blinkered in your overall opinion of world football. Didnt Ghastly Cole take an air rifle to work and shoot a member of staff? JT is now a racist and the thought of playing chelsea no longer fills teams with fear. :yahoo:

No. JT was CLEARED by a court of law of a charge that implied racism. As I am a former hunt saboteur, the metaphor you apply to me is somewhat inappropriate. My assessment of world football is that the Green Tinners of St Just, the truth birthplace of all that is holy, represent the purest of standards. Chelsea, occasionally known as the Blue Tinners, are my second passion. I have always regarded Manchester United as a hideous bastion of thuggish complacency lying in a wasteland below Saddleworth Moor. My delight at the rise of Manchester City arises only from the motto that my enemy's enemy is my friend. As "The Art of War" points out, alliances are sometimes expedient.

Air rifle to work ? Small beer ! I used to work in an inner-city establishment where you woud be regarded a effeminate if that was the only weapon you could pack ! :SM_carton:

Glad you find me amusing. We Cornish were particularly amusing at the Battle of Agincourt, whch we won by dropping from trees on to charging French cavalry knights, stabbing them in the back, almost to death, before they were even in range of the much-vaunted Welsh and Northern archers. Kidnapping a couple of them and extorting money from their relatives was actually how one branch of the De Beers started making money, but I digess.

Glad to hear that the trophyless has-beens have no fear of the European chamions and FA cupwinners.Complacency? Good. Jog on, Keano, all the way to the benefit office ! :)

As you must be aware Mr Beer,in these difficult economic times, i feel slightly offended by your callous remark regarding my status of having to visit the benefit office.

I would like to hear what your synopsis is of ' chopper' harris? If Mr Keane is a thug, what does that make Harris??

Ashley Cole has always packed a small weapon, a certain Cheryl Tweedy bares testiment to this.

Our trophyless season was merely a ploy by Lord Ferguson, to give all the UNITED haters a chance to get on their soap box, ready for us to knock them all down one by one. :c:

Chopper was a gentleman who provided the public service of ensuring that fine artists like Osgood, Houseman, Cooke, Hudson, Hollins,Tambling and Hutchinson were free to entertain the world, even if he did have the same detist as Nobby Stiles. He would have fitted in superbly at Lafrowda and been given a free pasty. Cheryl knows as well as Mrs Ferguson that precious things come in the tiniest packages. I wasn't being callous, just recognising that even the most brutal mercenaries have occasional moments when there's nobody handy to oppress. I'm sure Mr Haaland would be delighed to contribute his taxes to keep you gobbing off in your habitual style.

Soap box ? Things are that tough in Manchester that your supporters would probably have eaten it by now. I won't sing the familiar lyrics on this topic as I think they are in poor taste.

Isaac, once again i feel compelled to correct you.... we all know that most of uniteds support is spread equally throughout this wonderful universe, with equal measure.

Only shitty supporters live in manchester!!

I think that st just could of done with the afore said gentlemen today, not a good start to your latest campaign.... not even Mr Way could rescue the result :thumbsup:

"The nonsense I read, "older", helps me to rise above your cliches. Most recently, I have been reading you ! Robbed by post, bar and JT falling over against Man Ure in Moscow, it was gratifying that the woodwork benefited on Chelsea's side for a change on 7 occcasions against Barca and Bayern. Yes, there were fortuitous elements. There were also elements of brilliance: the Ramirez goal, Drogba's workrate and Di Matteo's use of a threadbare squad. Glad you enjoyed he matches. Take the anti-intellectual chip off you shoulder and you'll enjoy even more life experiences. :)

Hello Issac. Cliches to you , fact to many. I am glad you are reading me as now you may just realise this is a football forum, not your classroom. I have nothing against intellectuals when they realise where they are, as stated above - a football forum. Certainly not a place for you to show your pseudo intellect, romanticising virtually all of your posts. I will wipe away my supposed intellect chip if you will remove your mortar board/halo.

Well spelt, mon vieux, even if you retain your misconception of romanticism and dully restricted communication code and context. Still hiding you identity, I see. Like so many of the sad sacks who sat in football meetings and voted for the corrupt status quo they had been privately moaning about all week, for whom a trip to Plymouth would necessitate a passport and a cholera jab, you are struggling to form a coherent argument. Am I "pseudo" (line 2) or "intellectual" (also line 2). Make up your mind. Why the Xtian iconography (line 3) ? It's generally a mistake to introduce brand new content in your conclusion.

5/10. Mst try harder. :)

Roy, City will outstrip your international reputation. Look at the shambolic failure of your New York flotation. Old Purple Nose woud sleep a lot sounder if he had the real petroroubles of Abramovic behind him than the debts of the Glasers. Which backer do you imagine knows more about football ? Once Purple Nose goes to his Govan In The Sky, your club will be goig capin hand to the Mancunians you malign for a subsidy....a bit lke Truro City.

Well done to Penyn. I wasn't home for the game, but I'm sure they will be top three his season. 37 league games to go ! :c:

Isaac, what will Chelsea do when Abramovich gets tired ploughing his corruptly earned money out of the club? Citys and Chelseas money will never out strip Uniteds reputation throughout the world, in fact its probably what keeps our magnificent dynasty going, you and the other haters making us stronger!!

As for who knows more about football?? The Glazers aint in it for the football, they are only driven by the money :( Its well documented that United supporters want them out.... but one point of interest, how many league titles has chelsea won with abramovichs money and how many have the glazers won?? :yahoo:

Well spelt, mon vieux, even if you retain your misconception of romanticism and dully restricted communication code and context. Still hiding you identity, I see. Like so many of the sad sacks who sat in football meetings and voted for the corrupt status quo they had been privately moaning about all week, for whom a trip to Plymouth would necessitate a passport and a cholera jab, you are struggling to form a coherent argument. Am I "pseudo" (line 2) or "intellectual" (also line 2). Make up your mind. Why the Xtian iconography (line 3) ? It's generally a mistake to introduce brand new content in your conclusion.

5/10. Mst try harder. :)

Roy, City will outstrip your international reputation. Look at the shambolic failure of your New York flotation. Old Purple Nose woud sleep a lot sounder if he had the real petroroubles of Abramovic behind him than the debts of the Glasers. Which backer do you imagine knows more about football ? Once Purple Nose goes to his Govan In The Sky, your club will be goig capin hand to the Mancunians you malign for a subsidy....a bit lke Truro City.

Well done to Penyn. I wasn't home for the game, but I'm sure they will be top three his season. 37 league games to go ! :c:

Sacre bleau mon vieux, you trawled your old school books with that post. Sorry for being such a dullard in my posts, but I accept your 5/10 with joy. I cannot same the same to you. In your haste/frantic posting you forget your Rs (often) so minus two points I'm afraid, slow down and stop slavering at your obvious glee from your posts.

Minus another two points for the xtian iconology reference as that is out of context in its entirety, total nonsense! Keep that for the theologan's. Thats minus four, so six out of ten, could do better.

I have read your most recent posts on other subjects and am pleasantly surprised to see that you can post in the Queens English, you see you can do it without poeticising everything - well done.

Reference my identity (isaac?) maise je vous emmerde mon petit vieux. That was meant in a jovial context, if however it offended you - my apologies.

:) The halo, t which you refer, is part of either Christian imagery or Christian iconography depending on how literally you believe in its presence when granted a vision of a saint. Have you never visited a Greek Orthodox shrine ? I leave our the letter R (for Rodney) deliberately on occasion. This symbolises the headless auromaton this website would become without my directing presence. I take it that by your reference to Elizabeth Windsor's English, you mean Standard Englsih. This is one of many dialects. The notion of prescriptive grammarians that this represents a "correct" form to which we should all aspire is, to my descriptivist perspective, politically unacceptable. For me, the language of St Just is morally superior to that of the south east, dominant merely because it was where Edward I settled his mediaeval court.

Quand vous essayez d'ecrire en francais, il y a beaucoup de fautes dans l'orthographie, mais n'importe ! Tant pis ! Vous avez un bon esprit ! :c:

Roy, United once boasted about their European championship status, won in the same year as one of Chelsea's three Premiership titles. Now you are has-beens with only a carpet in the trophy room you turn to the distant past !

On a point of information, have you in fact won more than three Premierships since the Glasers have been in control ? Sure about that ?

Last time you competed against Barcelona, wth the home advantage of Wembley, you were an embarrassment to English football. Chelsea not only defeated Barca over two legs and, historically, have lost only once in the last four Nou Camp visits; they also won the European Cup against Bayern Munich on Bayern's own ground.

Back in your box ! :yahoo:

:) The halo, t which you refer, is part of either Christian imagery or Christian iconography depending on how literally you believe in its presence when granted a vision of a saint. Have you never visited a Greek Orthodox shrine ? I leave our the letter R (for Rodney) deliberately on occasion. This symbolises the headless auromaton this website would become without my directing presence. I take it that by your reference to Elizabeth Windsor's English, you mean Standard Englsih. This is one of many dialects. The notion of prescriptive grammarians that this represents a "correct" form to which we should all aspire is, to my descriptivist perspective, politically unacceptable. For me, the language of St Just is morally superior to that of the south east, dominant merely because it was where Edward I settled his mediaeval court.

Quand vous essayez d'ecrire en francais, il y a beaucoup de fautes dans l'orthographie, mais n'importe ! Tant pis ! Vous avez un bon esprit ! :c:

Isaac, I thoroughly enjoyed that post, smiled all the way through - probably the best I have read on here - well done, go to the top of the class. Much improved 10/10

Leaving your Rs out by design MMMM! don't know about that! A few other bloopers in the post there but I'll overlook that for the sheer delight it gave me, thankyou.

I will now do my upmost to stop the bear/beer baiting that I have indulged myself in.

Ita vero, Roy. If you really were God, surely you WOULD in fact be conscious of the span of life which we mortals cannot know. Alas, your fallen status was confirmed during the Euros when that facetious Brummie on ITV suggested you had become a Ukrainian Darth Vader impersoanator. After the Ferguson hairdryer treatment, the ice-cld presence of Darth is no doubt comparatively companionable. Chelsea 6 points clear now....is it time for United to concentrate on the League Cup or whatever they call it nowadays ?

Spurfect..... I feel some what insulted by your comment!!

Roy Keane is God,

Don't get two upset Spurfect cannot help making nasty comments ,

Keep you chin up you will get used to him in the end his comments will be like water off a duck's back,

the only time that he refrains from making comments is when Spurs get beaten by a better team, or one that he expected Spurs to walk all over,

Hammers :c::thumbsup: :c:

9 from 9. Not a bad start for "wannabes". Newcastle clinically demolished. Nice.

Have Arsene's Arses scored yet ? It's the white thing at the end with a net on it, Arsene. Nice puce second strip,which matches your fans' faces, I should think. Pension Day is usually Thursday, you queue in the Post Office just behind Woy Hodgson, comprenez ? Non ? Allex faire la queue dans le bureau de poste apres Woy !

As for Tottingham, nice timing from Morrison. New signings don't match outgoing players: AVB will only last till about February again, bless'im.

The Appy Ammers. I'm never rude about them, they need all the encouragement they can get Somewhere to go for all the brassed off Spurs and Arsenal fans who have faced up to the fact thee is only one club in London that wins things and want to engage in nostalgia and talk about Sir Alf and his fine upstanding gentlemen of 1966 to blot out contemporary reality.

Man Ure: qute a tanche of luck against the famous Fulham, sliced by a Chelsea ex within three minutes; depending on reserve fullbacks to head a winner. Change for Rooney to draw his own blood instead of someone else's.

Premiership ? Procession.

Torres, if uninjured, will get 20-25 league goals this season.

9 from 9. Not a bad start for "wannabes". Newcastle clinically demolished. Nice.

Have Arsene's Arses scored yet ? It's the white thing at the end with a net on it, Arsene. Nice puce second strip,which matches your fans' faces, I should think. Pension Day is usually Thursday, you queue in the Post Office just behind Woy Hodgson, comprenez ? Non ? Allex faire la queue dans le bureau de poste apres Woy !

As for Tottingham, nice timing from Morrison. New signings don't match outgoing players: AVB will only last till about February again, bless'im.

The Appy Ammers. I'm never rude about them, they need all the encouragement they can get Somewhere to go for all the brassed off Spurs and Arsenal fans who have faced up to the fact thee is only one club in London that wins things and want to engage in nostalgia and talk about Sir Alf and his fine upstanding gentlemen of 1966 to blot out contemporary reality.

Man Ure: qute a tanche of luck against the famous Fulham, sliced by a Chelsea ex within three minutes; depending on reserve fullbacks to head a winner. Change for Rooney to draw his own blood instead of someone else's.

Premiership ? Procession.

Torres, if uninjured, will get 20-25 league goals this season.

That won't be enough Isaac, Tevez and Aguero will score 30 plus goals each. you will only be second at best. SUPERBIA IN PROELIO.

Superbia in proelio, sed parva in dignitate on Sunday when saved from defeat by errors from Kelly and Skrtel which would have attracted laughter if exhibited in Trelawny League Division Three.

However, as I have always esteemed City as next favourite club after the Blue Tinners, I can accept this outcome as long as Old Purple nose wins nothing. In fact, if we are out of he running at any point I hope we loan City players to frustrate "Fergie Time".

Superbia in proelio, sed parva in dignitate on Sunday when saved from defeat by errors from Kelly and Skrtel which would have attracted laughter if exhibited in Trelawny League Division Three.

However, as I have always esteemed City as next favourite club after the Blue Tinners, I can accept this outcome as long as Old Purple nose wins nothing. In fact, if we are out of he running at any point I hope we loan City players to frustrate "Fergie Time".

I'm with you on that one Isaac in any language, and would gladly return the complement. As for City on Sunday all they could do is stick the ball in the net when such elementary mistakes are made, in many cases that is the difference between winning a league than not.

..........but what troubles me more is that the real tinners has played 3 lost 3!! Maybe you should lend them some of your financial clout, cos your noisy neighbours (pendeen) are off to a flier..................

oooooooo don't expect a reply to that one from IR. Waaaaaay too close to uncomfortable reality.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, Mangle, I missed your argument amid the grunts, expletives, belching and orthgraphical unorthodoxy, thus the delay in responding. I've forgotten whether you're Arsenal or Spurs: remind me.

Good luck to Pendeen, who have made a great start. Over 38 games, I think the Tinners will finish higher in the table, but it'll be close. It's great for local football that there is a keen rivalry and competitive matches between them......I believe the derbies last year generated the biggest gates in the Combo.

Yes, I would give Roman membership of the People's Soxialist Republic of St Just, along with my other current political hero Julian Assange.

• 4 weeks later...

Dunno. Don't follow the Thursday cup, but I would encourage you to keep watching. You ended up in it last year after the group stages, didn't you?... although you only lasted one home defeat. But this is a new season and you trophyless wannabe clubs have go to start somewhere !

Even my own 5 a side performances display a higher standard of football.......and I'm 53 years old now !

Dunno. Don't follow the Thursday cup, but I would encourage you to keep watching. You ended up in it last year after the group stages, didn't you?... although you only lasted one home defeat. But this is a new season and you trophyless wannabe clubs have go to start somewhere !

Even my own 5 a side performances display a higher standard of football.......and I'm 53 years old now !

Rodney i know your english is at a reasonable standard but are you sure your maths is ? 53 :yahoo:

• 3 weeks later...

Nice to see the Blues netting another hatful following the sempiternally easy trip to Shite Heart Lane. Five last time at Wemberlee in the Cup, four this. Gratifying that little Mata was able to add to his goal in the Wembley semi with a couple more yesterday; and to see Sturridge coming on as a sub to pop in another....good to see a few reserves getting a run-out. We can do that in the easy fixtures now we are confirmed champions of London.

Shame about Rio refusing to wear his nice T-shirt...I expect the fans at Stamford Bridge will have a couple of witticisms to share with him next week. Ferguson is obviously losing control of his players; time to use that free bus pass and concentrate on his petunias a bit more , I think.

How much do we get fined if we give the red dustbin rummagers from Trafford a bye in the Thursday cup, just to keep up their interest in the season ? I really don't care whether we beat them or not. We are in contention for serious trophies. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Following the tactical humbling handed to the bumbling Super Spurs at What Heels Lane by Roberto Martinez, I feel it's my moral duty to acclaim the mighty Wigan on their travels (well, their kit looks a bit like Chelsea's) and to see whether we can take this thread beyond 100 posts.

Poor little AVB...one down at home to Wigan, so he takes off the only man likely to score. It's about team discipline....I expect Defoe had failed to shine his shoes, or maybe left some of his greens on his plate.......

LOL !!!!

You poor old North london charity baskets, can we loan you a couple of youth players ? (From St Just Reserves, I mean !)

:yahoo:

Following the tactical humbling handed to the bumbling Super Spurs at What Heels Lane by Roberto Martinez, I feel it's my moral duty to acclaim the mighty Wigan on their travels (well, their kit looks a bit like Chelsea's) and to see whether we can take this thread beyond 100 posts.

Poor little AVB...one down at home to Wigan, so he takes off the only man likely to score. It's about team discipline....I expect Defoe had failed to shine his shoes, or maybe left some of his greens on his plate.......

LOL !!!!

You poor old North london charity baskets, can we loan you a couple of youth players ? (From St Just Reserves, I mean !)

Is that because they are better than ur 1st team Rodney?????

LOL !!!!

Is that because they are better than ur 1st team Rodney?????

I like that cam, very good lol. If thats the deal isaac - we'll take em.

NB. Whats your book called?